India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
We can't afford to lose men like this
I will appreciate your post on emotional liability scale. It is actually for all the right reason an emotional subject. Rather getting baited more on it I will restrict my argument on my previous post. People are free not to think strategically, can ignore the dispensability of these good men; which in any case has been like this for last 30 odd years.

Any well read poster can give multiple examples like USA loses in Afghanistan where Pakistan was spared for larger strategic and to keep logistic lines intact etc., reasons.

I generally trust military leadership. When an all out war will be the only option they will go for it without wasting time.

Last but not least people having gal to discuss defence and security are expected to be numb and should have courage to see the body bags. How ironic it is to see those nippers who want to see Pakistan punished but not ready to see casualties. Wouldn’t there be causality when the war will break out?

Those losers who danced in their pubs when Abhinandan was freed by Pakistan are never going to make this nation fight any decisive war. Learn to understand the mobility of this conflict or stay home and enjoy your normal life.

Raaakisazih

Country flag
I will appreciate your post on emotional liability scale. It is actually for all the right reason an emotional subject. Rather getting baited more on it I will restrict my argument on my previous post. People are free not to think strategically, can ignore the dispensability of these good men; which in any case has been like this for last 30 odd years.

Any well read poster can give multiple examples like USA loses in Afghanistan where Pakistan was spared for larger strategic and to keep logistic lines intact etc., reasons.

I generally trust military leadership. When an all out war will be the only option they will go for it without wasting time.

Last but not least people having gal to discuss defence and security are expected to be numb and should have courage to see the body bags. How ironic it is to see those nippers who want to see Pakistan punished but not ready to see casualties. Wouldn’t there be causality when the war will broke out?

Those losers who danced in their pubs when Abhinandan was freed by Pakistan are never going to make this nation fight any decisive wars. Learn to understand the mobility of this conflict or stay home and enjoy your normal life.
I understand what you are trying to say i am ready to see bodies but not without imposing costs

LaIllahaSigmar

Country flag
I am not too sure if this message is going to help us anyway. We will fight a civilised war and can afford to sustain it. Soon Pakistan will become bankrupt and will look for even more cheaper options.

To increase the cost on Pakistan is one good argument but it is not fully in our control. They are going to keep breeding and keep getting involved in multiple conflicts in the region not by choice but being into a vicious loop which they will never be able come out.

We have to make sure they keep fighting whichever way they like. Showing frustration like above means they are winning and our Military minds do not understand the larger game at play.

I think you are misunderstanding the point of the op.

Our whole understanding of acceptable casualties is wrong.

We won't win the fight if we keep reacting to the enemy's actions and take no proactive action.

We must go up and down the escalation ladder as we see fit and force the enemy to think twice when provoking.

Today the establishment and people at large have been desensitised to couple of jawans dying once a week or two.

But this will change as our gdp per capita and education level of our people rises.

Soon we'll have to renegotiate the level of tolerable provocation.

Last edited:

hit&run

Mod
I understand what you are trying to say i am ready to see bodies but not without imposing costs
Like I said it is a very strong argument and we must have devices to increase cost on Pakistan.

If I may give an example of fighting a big monster where you are trying to cut him at certain places, then at certain places your tying him down, then distracting him, then making him agitated, then checking his energy sources to eventually defeat it completely.

Same way there can not be just one strategy for Pakistan or just one big abrupt attack. We have fought with them before. They won’t fall down that easy. The work is in progress and there will be set backs. In the mean time we must make sure they keep fighting with us and there is no peace with them(political pressure etc.).

Del horno

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Much like Israel do in gaza , but at much larger scale against their terror infra and any capability that support terrorism
This is exactly what I was referring too.. Israel and Gaza fought 4 wars and Hamas only got stronger each war to the point where Israel is not looking forward to another escalation because Hamas has the ability to target all cities and stragetic cites and also Hamas is not a state-actor but none-state actor and an area of only 1.8 million people it is like a Provincial region at best in European context not India because there is to many people.. You can't compare apples and oranges You proved my point exactly. Some thought I was being arrogant or what not but I was just being geninuely honest

Last edited:

Mikel

Country flag
You won't be able to know the actual costs anyway when you are dealing with states like Pakistan or China. If it weren't for some average joes sifting through thousands of social media posts and sm channels we wouldn't even be aware that Pakis lost more than 60 soldiers in the past 2 months or that dozens were being killed by our artillery assaults last year.

hit&run

Mod
I think you are misunderstanding the point of the op.

Our whole understanding of acceptable casualties is wrong.

We won't win the fight if we keep reacting to the enemy's actions and take no proactive action.

We must go up and down the escalation ladder as we see fit and force the enemy to think twice when provoking.
From here I can see every Pakistani escalation is being answered equally or with extra punch. Few things can not be said openly but if Indians can not read news coming from Pakistan on their miseries vis a vis internal security, social and political matters then it is futile to help them with any encouragement.

As far as insurgency in J&K is concern then I am a wrong person to be asked how to deal with Pakistan. I am in favour of crackdown in Kashmir first then think about Pakistan. Those causalities in Kashmir in my understanding are largely due to our half hearted approach and political miscalculations.

sorcerer

Country flag
Troops foil infiltration bid, eliminate Pakistan terrorist along LoC in Rajouri\

JAMMU: The Indian Army on Thursday said that it successfully foiled an infiltration bid by neutralizing one terrorist and recovered a cache of arms and ammunition, including one AK-47 rifle and hand grenades, along the Line of Control (LoC) in Nowshera sector of Jammu and Kashmir.

one pig down

notaname

Country flag
A grenade found in Delhi now we will be seeing huge cache of weapons being unearthed because Pakistan wants to end the ceasefire and their Taliban front is nearly completed the chances of civil war happening in Afghanistan are negligible (I maybe wrong here) but don't expect any significant push in that front so pakis will have only to deal with us they got internal issue but not really a big deal for them as there are no human rights issue there and we have multiple fronts open with China on another side and western RR of human rights and hindutva with Covid and a emerging economy to handle properly.

IMG_20210708_204936.jpg

Cheetah007

Country flag

Y'all Nibbiars,
Unit cost of J10 CE-variant (or any variant for that matter) is not made public
But According to Aerocorner it's somewhere between 30 and 40 million USD
If we were to assume it costs 35 million USD apiece, then total cost would stand at 1.3 Billion USD
Atleast they have better babus than our babus. Our babus will take 10 years to finalize a big deal. CDC Rawat is right when he is talking about the unified theatre command as this also reduces the impact of those lazy babus on defense agreements and their execution.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Pakis have a habbit of axeing their own feet, from openly tweeting against world leaders to openly saying bîn ladên a martyr to hosting “Coke Studio” DJ ISPR parties for a killed terrorist Bûrhäñ Wāñî belonging to a UN Designated Global Terrörïst outfit Hïzbül Müjāhïdėėñ thinking it will get them Kashmir. Lol, thpical jokers and self axeing people.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Indian officials say 6 suspected militants killed in Kashmir

Four suspected militants were killed in two separate gunfights with Indian troops in southern Kashmir’s Pulwama and Kulgam districts early Thursday, the Indian army said. It said soldiers recovered two rifles and two pistols from the sites of the clashes.

On Wednesday, troops apprehended a senior rebel, Mehraj-ud-din Halwai, in the northwestern Handwara area, and after an interrogation he led them to a hideout where he was killed in a firefight, police said in a statement.

Good hunting by Indian army.:india2:

AP has a funny way of reporting.
SUSPECTED MILITANTS ... KILLED in GUNFIGHTS

So according to AP militants , Gun fights..but they are still suspected to be militants.

what spineless sold morons

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
This is exactly what I was referring too.. Israel and Gaza fought 4 wars and Hamas only got stronger each war to the point where Israel is not looking forward to another escalation because Hamas has the ability to target all cities and stragetic cites and also Hamas is not a state-actor but none-state actor and an area of only 1.8 million people it is like a Provincial region at best in European context not India because there is to many people.. You can't compare apples and oranges You proved my point exactly. Some thought I was being arrogant or what not but I was just being geninuely honest
😂😂. We are a larger area then Israel , it was not because Israel took on hamas , it's because Israel didn't tackled hamas properly , they should had control over what goes in and out of gaza from sea side too , where are the supplies are being made and destroying all these before the attack and loss of lives of civilian , i am not supporting a full scale war ,but precisely taking out the their weak point , like for say they have some threatened zone for supply of small arms or drones etc for terrorist , so we can take them out , if they have some bugs in their security apparatus we can exploit it , obivously as you pointed they will rise stronger but then it wouldn't be a civilian vs military or weak vs stronger , they will expose them more and all our diplomatic action and cross border raids will be more justified to take on their terror infra , to fight us they will have to strengthen their terrorist bases and we can use it as evidence against them . We can promote their terrorist to destroy theur own infra like they did in tlp protest , but this time target should be electricity grids , gas pipeline , ports .

Goal should not be to destroy pakistan ,but forcing them to Destroy themselves .

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Indian officials say 6 suspected militants killed in Kashmir

Four suspected militants were killed in two separate gunfights with Indian troops in southern Kashmir’s Pulwama and Kulgam districts early Thursday, the Indian army said. It said soldiers recovered two rifles and two pistols from the sites of the clashes.

On Wednesday, troops apprehended a senior rebel, Mehraj-ud-din Halwai, in the northwestern Handwara area, and after an interrogation he led them to a hideout where he was killed in a firefight, police said in a statement.

Good hunting by Indian army.:india2:

AP has a funny way of reporting.
SUSPECTED MILITANTS ... KILLED in GUNFIGHTS

So according to AP militants , Gun fights..but they are still suspected to be militants.

what spineless sold morons
Lost 2 soldiers as well, your ”ceasefire”.

hit&run

Mod
Looks like the lobby has prompted congi poodle Tharoor to plant this idea of talks with Pakistan into national discourse. Most likely the tip has come from Pakistan who will be busy in Afghanistan sending its regulars to slaughter innocent Afghan men, women and children.

Rather taking this bait and if Modi genuinely wants to help Afghanistan we must start making the LOC hotter than ever before.

Del horno

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
😂😂. We are a larger area then Israel , it was not because Israel took on hamas , it's because Israel didn't tackled hamas properly , they should had control over what goes in and out of gaza from sea side too , where are the supplies are being made and destroying all these before the attack and loss of lives of civilian , i am not supporting a full scale war ,but precisely taking out the their weak point , like for say they have some threatened zone for supply of small arms or drones etc for terrorist , so we can take them out , if they have some bugs in their security apparatus we can exploit it , obivously as you pointed they will rise stronger but then it wouldn't be a civilian vs military or weak vs stronger , they will expose them more and all our diplomatic action and cross border raids will be more justified to take on their terror infra , to fight us they will have to strengthen their terrorist bases and we can use it as evidence against them . We can promote their terrorist to destroy theur own infra like they did in tlp protest , but this time target should be electricity grids , gas pipeline , ports .

Goal should not be to destroy pakistan ,but forcing them to Destroy themselves .
Any collision with Pakistan will guaraante an all out war.. Pakistan can upset India in full defeat from a military stand up. They are not only strong but existential risk level they can target all cities in India. They are far from what you assume in their military strength. They are formidable. None of your generals will blinded walk into the type of miscalculation you typing out. This is real life But alas You have the right to express your opinion

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles