India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
LAC standoff / PLA build up led to gov agreeing to LOC cease fire .

cease fire that they violate time to time and we still keep to it .
Buddhen basically forced both sides for ceasefire. Can't find the exact article, but US Admin basically said to shake hands and make up.

Similar article (not the one I remember) -

Also the argument that we are following ceasefire due to "pressure" from China is invalid because -
  • Even in the most dire conditions of COVID & China crisis (June-Dec 2020) we did not try for ceasefire.
  • Ceasefire is not unilateral. If we are following ceasefire, Pakistan is also following it. Only very recently there were few minor violations which were replied back in kind.
  • If we are really "afraid" of China, Pakistan should ideally exploit this situation to needle us more & ramp up their offensive.

Honestly we have ample force in J&K to fight a defensive gruelling war on 2-fronts. We are not afraid.

Master Chief

Country flag
Buddhen basically forced both sides for ceasefire. Can't find the exact article, but US Admin basically said to shake hands and make up.

Also the argument that we are following ceasefire due to "pressure" from China is invalid because -
  • Even in the most dire conditions of COVID & China crisis (June-Dec 2020) we did not try for ceasefire.
  • Ceasefire is not unilateral. If we are following ceasefire, Pakistan is also following it. Only very recently there were few minor violations which were replied back in kind.
  • If we are really "afraid" of China, Pakistan should ideally exploit this situation to needle us more & ramp up their offensive.

Honestly we have ample force in J&K to fight a defensive gruelling war on 2-fronts. We are not afraid.
Yes.. Budden forced.. more than anything.. India also would have been OK, given the Chinese build up.. US was about to Get the hell out of Afghanistan, and was heavily dependent on Pakistani cooperation for land and aerial logistics, giving Pakistan immense leverage..

NutCracker

Country flag
yea looks useless tbh . in the last ambush they shot the driver of the two vehicle first , causing vehicle to stop , so protecting driver cabin+engine means the vehicle can atleast leave ambush site .

:lehappy: and retired army people themselves were saying these were not practical .
It will surely make those infiltrators to change their tactics, especially the bait-calls, (as its being told that locals are feeding wrong info), can be answered with much less of a headache . some quadcopters can also be launched from the roof hatch without coming out of the protection of cover.

mokoman

Country flag

Ceasefire is not unilateral. If we are following ceasefire, Pakistan is also following it. Only very recently there were few minor violations which were replied back in kind.

sadly no , they use firing to help border infiltration . they even sniped a BSF guy putting up a fence at IB 1/2 months ago - remember several more , all posted here .

If we are really "afraid" of China, Pakistan should ideally exploit this situation to needle us more & ramp up their offensive.

lets see what type of retaliation we do for the 3 beheading

if nothing happens in next 1 or 2 months . then i think u know ...

Jimih

Country flag

There is no short time solutions for long time problems.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
they use firing to help border infiltration . they even sniped a BSF guy putting up a fence at IB 1/2 months ago - remember several more , all posted here .
One-two instance in last ~3 years. Previously it was like once a week thing.

Also no, there is no more cover fire for infiltrators from Pakistani posts. Reason we are able to thwart so many infiltrations & zero casaulties to our forces from CFVs.

I mean, completely depends on Army leadership's thinking. This time, there is no clear enemy. Ambush was done by militants way inside our borders, probably local militants. Cross-border raids will kill some Pakistani soldiers and probably few militants, and restart CFVs.

Will it stop in-house terrorists from getting bold? Perhaps not.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Ceasefire is not unilateral. If we are following ceasefire, Pakistan is also following it. Only very recently there were few minor violations which were replied back in kind.

sadly no , they use firing to help border infiltration . they even sniped a BSF guy putting up a fence at IB 1/2 months ago - remember several more , all posted here .

If we are really "afraid" of China, Pakistan should ideally exploit this situation to needle us more & ramp up their offensive.

When did we had 3 beheadings
1 was beheaded and in case other 2 mutilation were attempted on body and face which made body indistinguishable
That's what I could make up with vids
If u have further vids then u can DM me
I left that topic for my mental peace

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag

murican backed commentariat want to take credit for everything, they even tried to project those 30k winter clothing as some sort of game changer during LAC 2020-21 stand off.

sequence i remember goes like this for early 2021 :

-LAC disengagement commences from eye to eye stand off
-IA wanted to move mathura corps to LAC
-Cease fire announcement happens in late feb 21.
-biden announces afghan withdrawal in apr 21.
-afghan withdrawal completes in sep 21.

even if we are to assume muricans played some role, it is more likely that they were doing it in their self interest, as in they sounded out ISI to make preparations on guarding durand line ,India-pak ceasefire was secondary. looking back we can also see how,ISI either misread the situation as a victory of their strategic depth or the posturing backfired.

1703945250006.png

mokoman

Country flag
One-two instance in last ~3 years. Previously it was like once a week thing.

Also no, there is no more cover fire for infiltrators from Pakistani posts. Reason we are able to thwart so many infiltrations & zero casaulties to our forces from CFVs.

I mean, completely depends on Army leadership's thinking. This time, there is no clear enemy. Ambush was done by militants way inside our borders, probably local militants. Cross-border raids will kill some Pakistani soldiers and probably few militants, and restart CFVs.

Will it stop in-house terrorists from getting bold? Perhaps not.
"there is no clear enemy."

"probably local militants."

"kill some Pakistani soldiers and probably few militants, and restart CFVs."

:dude: ok rajnath singh come out with ur real account .

Jimih

Country flag
Why is IA reluctant to install 50 cal instead similar to the American humvees?
IA is reluctant on many things.

First they hesitate to use APCs in COIN ops because according to them local traffic on roads gets disrupted (sabka biswas achieved). But they will give explaination about issues on mobility of APCs in these terrain.

Most of the APCs in Western nations are armed with the .50 calibre M2 Browning machine gun.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Why not pull out the entire, original table ?

View attachment 234305

View attachment 234307

2019 - Surgical strike, Article 370 trash.

Thereafter, clear downward trend of casaulties of Armed forces & civilians. Low casaulty to terrorists in recent 2023 due to change in tactics.
NIA raids in J&K also coincides with drop in numbers.

NIA raids NGOs, trusts in Kashmir, Delhi in connection with terror funding case

NIA raids 16 locations in Jammu-Kashmir in crackdown on ISIS, TRF

karn

Country flag
Why is IA reluctant to install 50 cal instead similar to the American humvees?
In American manuals it is claimed that the 50cal should be used only against armour, aircraft and defensive positions .. ofcourse nobody who uses the m2 takes this seriously.
Mounting 50cals on every vehicle for counter insurgency maybe counter productive as troops would hesitate to use it in built up areas .
There was an amusing news segment many years ago where crpf was very proud that they knocked down a hideout using a HMG as opposed to using explosives (limiting property damage).

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Ministry of Home Affairs declared the 'Tehreek-e-Hurriyat, J&K (TeH)' as an 'unlawful association' under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act for next five years. The outfit is involved in forbidden activities to separate J&K from India and establish Islamic rule. The group is found spreading anti-India propaganda and continuing terror activities to fuel secessionism in J&K

1704012273271.png

Articles