India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
How do they compare with RR in terms of ops undertaken and equipment?
Not really, they have suitable equipment for what they need to do and it’s dictated by their jobs. Operating in jungles on long range jungle Ops in the east is different to CT/COIN in the north and they’ll equip themselves accordingly- I have more confidence in that than the IA equipping the paras
I've seen most of them don't even wear plates. forget helmets.
Problem with IA is that they have lot of people to equip & equipment to upgrade. RR is not a priority (most often the local troublemaking elements are sent there as punishment deputation. One of my friends' NCO cousin punched an officer & ended up there. Talked of very toxic environment & claimed that lot of these deaths are friendly fire from wreckless moves, as there's tendency of hastily funnelling in meat shields. They see the most action within the Army so the medal hunger is high).
Anyways the Cobras (or atleast a section of them) are pretty decently equipped. This was them at Republic Day parade...
Screenshot_2023-09-19-18-36-36-293_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

...and expo...
DhZShEzWsAAs7GR.jpg_large.jpg

...and photo op.
22089492_1024332811041736_1413971518247361383_n.jpg

It's the long range search & destroy, skirmish ops they carry out that causes their light infantry loadout.

The CRPF QATs even pose around with Gunshot Detection systems (on wrist).
20201101_000115.jpg

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
Problem with IA is that they have lot of people to equip & equipment to upgrade. RR is not a priority (most often the local troublemaking elements are sent there as punishment deputation. One of my friends' NCO cousin punched an officer & ended up there. Talked of very toxic environment & claimed that lot of these deaths are friendly fire from wreckless moves, as there's tendency of hastily funnelling in meat shields. They see the most action within the Army so the medal hunger is high).
Anyways the Cobras (or atleast a section of them) are pretty decently equipped. This was them at Republic Day parade...View attachment 223025
...and expo...
View attachment 223026
...and photo op.View attachment 223027
It's the long range search & destroy, skirmish ops they carry out that causes their light infantry loadout.

The CRPF QATs even pose around with Gunshot Detection systems (on wrist).View attachment 223028

Kumaoni

This encounter shows that the IA can deliver good results if it takes itself seriously.
It seemed to be a repeat of Poonch 2021, with the militants escaping.

Except it wasn’t, 6 terrorists have been roasted in the Kokernag encounter, using drones, Thermobaric rounds, and better tactics than just frontal charging a terrorist hideout at daylight.

the IA needs to apply itself and take itself more seriosilt. They could have achieved this result without losing 4 men.

Articles