India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Nazaria e Bakistan

Country flag
Okay folks few things:

1. Believe it or not, Modi and BJP does not command soldiers and police in Kashmir like Red Alert or Command and Conquer. They set the targets. SOPs etc are worked out by security forces themself. Removing 370 was a decision that they took and it is working fine. Not removing AFSPA in Kashmir is another decison they took and that is fine too.

2. I once asked @Hellfire why we do not use air assets like drones and helicopters -- like soviets did in Afghanistan. His response? Army leadership and Babudom in South Block feels it will make terrorists more aggressive. Yes, defence apparatus has a mind of its own too. Like of Modi, Amit Shah etc do not really decide the tactics.

3. In an ambush, attackers always have advantage. This is why guerilla warfare is so hard to deal with. Its unending constant opportunistic warfare. Fortunately here we have a real conventional enemy who is using non-conventional means. So we can punish it. Kashmir is hence not India's Afghanistan.

4. Officers have to be present in frontline to keep the moral up. A lot depends upon tactics too.

5. Just like batters get bowled in cricket, soldiers suffer injuries and death in battle. Sadly, there is no second innings in life.

6. There are things that have been missing for very long time. They are armoured transport / ballistic shield vehicles, kevlar/armoured vests, helmet etc, recon drones etc.

7. Indian Army has had a policy of not using mines for a long time. It is weird to know that Pakistan has been using Claymore mines (or its chinese copies) while India has not. It is only in 2021 that I saw a news that new anti personnel mines called Nipun has been developed and an order has been placed. Previously we were too prude to use mines. Its a Gandhian / Nehruvian artifact of upholding Human Rights. It sucks but it is what it is. Good to know that we are moving away from it.

8. Apparently this time around they used Nepal route. This is where tightening needs to be done.

Kumaoni

Airstrike is a different thing

Da Jooz do Targetted assassinations in Arab countries
And almost 100% of the time their agents get filmed while killing their targets
Some attribute it to being LAX on opsec, I'd say they want to get filmed so it serves as a warning

GoI couldn't conjure up 1% of the balls and do what da jooz does
How many Pakistani LeT commanders have been killed by “unidentified gunmen”?

This attack is actually retaliatory for the assasinayikn of a top LeT commander in PoK

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Airstrike is a different thing

Da Jooz do Targetted assassinations in Arab countries
And almost 100% of the time their agents get filmed while killing their targets
Some attribute it to being LAX on opsec, I'd say they want to get filmed so it serves as a warning

GoI couldn't conjure up 1% of the balls and do what da jooz does
Long nose clan is backed fully by Mayo Skin Eurotrash clan and Cheeseburst Beerbelly Freedom Eagle Clan.

Indian operatives get filmed, the Black Stone Child lover Clans will team up with those two to bring sanctions against us.

Kumaoni

7. Indian Army has had a policy of not using mines for a long time. It is weird to know that Pakistan has been using Claymore mines (or its chinese copies) while India has not. It is only in 2021 that I saw a news that new anti personnel mines called Nipun has been developed and an order has been placed. Previously we were too prude to use mines. Its a Gandhian / Nehruvian artifact of upholding Human Rights. It sucks but it is what it is. Good to know that we are moving away from it.
No wonder we suffered so many mine placing casualties in 2001

mokoman

Country flag
find it interesting that this was done 2 days after G20 ended . they didnt do this during G20 . if it was during G20 , Modiji would have had to respond publicly .

What bad news? Can someone explain what the hell is going on? Saying “bad news this bad news that” isn’t doing much.
no idea , possible other seriously injured soldiers have died.

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
False comparison.
Israel does airstrieks In a country with no proper airforce
I didn't mean air strikes. What's the use of ground to ground missiles, if one can not use them against a T camp situated on the other side of the LOC ? Genuine layman question.
Let them escalate it to air strikes if they wish?

another_armchair

Country flag
find it interesting that this was done 2 days after G20 ended . they didnt do this during G20 . if it was during G20 , Modiji would have had to respond publicly .

no idea , possible other seriously injured soldiers have died.
Tangos didn't do anything.

Intel was provided that terrorists are hiding in area xyz.

Troops went to the area and contact was established.

This wasn't like like some Army/AF camp/base was attacked like in Uri or Pathankot.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles