India Pakistan conflict along IB and LoC (July 2021 onwards)

Knowitall

Also indian army is reorganizing these exercises are validating new concepts..lets see what happens
If even a single major attack succeeds what will do next.

I don't think India can actually outright invade pakistan with china on high alert and xi ping just beginning his third term. It would damaging for him to let his vassal get destroyed.

Ukraine war and our slow pace of modernization has caused some serious doubts about the idea of cold start in my mind.

That and the renewed cooperation pakistan might receive in the form of ISTAR and intelligence from US can also cause serious issues.

@mist_consecutive what exactly can India do in such a scenario.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

I don't think India can actually outright invade pakistan with china on high alert and xi ping just beginning his third term. It would damaging for him to let his vassal get destroyed.

Ukraine war and our slow pace of modernization has caused some serious doubts about the idea of cold start in my mind.

That and the renewed cooperation pakistan might receive in the form of ISTAR and intelligence from US can also cause serious issues.

Nothing, tea seller will do another surjeekull straik and win the 2024 elections.

flanker99

Country flag

I agree any invasion of pakistan will go nuclear quickly...
As for what might be our response..i expect more airstrike + groud strikes..

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Absolutely nothing, really.

China wants us to get engaged with Pakistan so that they can fulfill their dreams of Taiwan and Ladakh.

At max, I mean like if a 26/11 level terror strike happens, we will see some more air skirmishes (and hopefully fewer Abhinandans), and standoff strikes. But unfortunately, Pakistan has been more proactive than us in building up their air force than us, so things might be even worse than in Feb 2019.

mokoman

Country flag

what exactly can India do in such a scenario.

:brahmos::brahmos::brahmos::brahmos::brahmos::brahmos::brahmos:

Butter Chicken

Country flag
We will fire 3 Brahmos, in reply Packis will fire 6 of which half will miss or get shot down. We will then claim victory and that our objectives have been been met and go back to piss and tranquility mode.
3 missiles serve no purpose. 100 missiles should rain on GHQ, Pak army installations, airbases, destroy their radar and communication equipment, fuel and ammo dumps. They should not get an opportunity to hide anything.

I expect something from Pakistan before 2024 elections

Knowitall

We will fire 3 Brahmos, in reply Packis will fire 6 of which half will miss or get shot down. We will then claim victory and that our objectives have been been met and go back to piss and tranquility mode.
It's a optimistic scenario honestly.

The entire post balakot saga was a disaster of epic proportions.

We shot down our own helicopter lost a mig-21 which should never have been in the fight if you ask me especially when we knew the Pakistanis would retaliate.

They captured our pilot and our side already had the wreckage of mi-17 while they had the wreckage of mig-21. I have still not found a proper explanation as to where exactly where our AD units that day.

We had nothing to show bar data from various sources which no matter what anyone says is simply not better than visual confirmation.

Similarly we had reports of not using the crystal maze or some missile that had cameras due to weather issues so no videos for the target either.

While the PR disaster can be even kept aside on a moment. Things on the ground have had little effects only. We have regularly busted huge amounts of RDX in cars and other areas like pulwama. The only major improvement i can see post pulwama is that intelligence agencies have developed a extremely potent network and hats off to them for their services.

We lost close close to a dozen soldiers during a standoff with terrorists hidden in the jungle areas. The month long operation at least to me signified a lot of persistent issues in the armed forces.

We ended up with a ceasefire while they butcher our civilians in Kashmir without any consequences. I would not pay heed to the BLA TTP nonsense because both the organization's have different founding fathers. One came from Iran while the other came from Afghanistan and they are still their main supplier's.

Most importantly can we even equate Pakistani losses to our losses.

Now with uncle Sam's blessings and loans pakistan in a good enough condition to once again strike back at us without expecting any major consequences.

Most importantly I feel that their modernization plan has went well enough that i don't expect India to exactly finish any war with them in a matter of weeks if we do go all out.

I would rather be pessemistic rather than facing a rude awakening like we did post balakot.

Last edited:

TopWatcher

Country flag

another_armchair

Country flag
Demoncrats doing their thing.

The mask was off the day they forced us into a ceasefire with Pakistan but attacks on unarmed civilians continued in Kashmir and all we did was condemn, go after the local perpetrators while the brains behind it sit in Pakistan and Langley.

Still hoped the West wouldn't be in a tearing hurry to remove Pakistan off the FATF greylist.

Good in a way.. there will be less hopium among the US camp in India.

Knowitall

Demoncrats doing their thing.

The mask was off the day they forced us into a ceasefire with Pakistan but attacks on unarmed civilians continued in Kashmir and all we did was condemn, go after the local perpetrators while the brains behind it sit in Pakistan and Langley.

Still hoped the West wouldn't be in a tearing hurry to remove Pakistan off the FATF greylist.

Good in a way.. there will be less hopium among the US camp in India.
This was bound to happen. Our failure to gauge or properly gain a edge over Pakistan means that we are stuck at both the borders.

We allow the Chinese to create buffer zones while we allow the pakistanis to kill our civilians.

The situation is not that great overall.

TopWatcher

Country flag
This was bound to happen. Our failure to gauge or properly gain a edge over Pakistan means that we are stuck at both the borders.

We allow the Chinese to create buffer zones while we allow the pakistanis to kill our civilians.

The situation is not that great overall.
Can we handle 2 front?

Jimih

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles