India eyes Finland for tech cooperation to give 'Make in India' boost

Dhairya Yadav

Re: India eyes Finland for tech cooperation to give 'Make in India' bo

India looks more and more like US, they also have strong states. I start to appreciate your country more and more. Brazil, China and Russia benefitted a lot from the olympics or football world cup. You have nothing similar, thats why your global image IMHO does not match reality.

Of course image must match reality, just ask Putin. Sochi olympics pr down the drain after Ukraine adventure. Still there is a lot work ahead to get Indias global image up.
India and US... We both may have strong states but governing Indian states is a lot more difficult governing US states. Many states have different political parties , and much of the times they are in locked horns situation with centre or other states, as they have different ruling parties (read enemy parties) . To get a state to agree with Union (Central) Government is no easy task.
I think India is the only country in the world where states fight each other for resources such as stake of water from dams etc .

As far as PR is concerned , yes we must do something on that front...

thethinker

Country flag

Strange how Australia's "racism" only seems to be an issue, internationally, with India and Zimbabwe.

To me, you are just reinforcing my point that Indians are too easily offended, and on a related point, Indian's retaliation to this "offense" tend to mild/misdirected or massively over the top.

None of those traits are good for diplomacy.
Ring a bell?

Victorian police' 'racist emails' "unhelpful" for country's image, warns Oz diplomat - News Oneindia

Canberra, Oct 11 (ANI): The Australian High Commissioner to India, Peter Varghese, has warned that the racist email scandal involving Victorian police officers was "unhelpful" for the country's image and will distract from steps being taken to improve the safety of foreign students.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Varghese was summoned to the Indian Foreign Office on Saturday to convey its 'serious concern' about emails sent by Victorian police officers, showing video footage of an Indian man being electrocuted on a train, and suggesting that it could be a way to "fix" Melbourne's Indian student problem. A number of attacks on Indian students, mostly in Melbourne, between May 2009 to January this year have raised tensions between the two countries and seriously damaged Australia's reputation in India. "It returns the issue to the front pages in a way that is very unhelpful and it can have the effect of reviving an issue that both governments have worked very hard to manage constructively," the paper quoted Varghese, as saying. You just have to look at the media coverage over the past 24 hours to see that the sensitivity is there in the Indian media and to the extent to which that's reflecting and shaping public perceptions in India it's a just a fact of life," he added. Top Indian diplomats told Varghese that "an entrenched bias among sections of law enforcers towards the Indian community is a matter of serious concern". The Indian Foreign Minister, S. M. Krishna, said the police emails were "shocking" and called on authorities in Australia to do more to ensure the safety of Indians studying there. The email scandal has raised Indian fears about the rigid attitude towards racism among Australian police.

Dhairya Yadav

I wasn't ignoring why some Indians hate Pakistan and China and I can understand the reasons why. Was just a fact I though should be mentioned

Not sure if being trading partners with North Korea is something to be proud of and I did mean Afrikaners (Australia fought against Dutch speaking seperatists in South Africa in ~1900).

As for being friends with both sides in several international conflicts that is very commendable, but this benefits India how?

Understand you have a great deal of technical co-operation with Israel. But, that's not particular difficult as Israel really, really wants to make friends.
The trade with North Korea is limited to only food stuff and basic aids. We dont really have any tech cooperation with them . Pakistan buys and uses their tech.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Australia has always been India's allie.

Top tip for you, if you want to have good relations and enjoy the benefits of that i.e. technical co-operation, you shouldn't be using language like "having a colonial mindset, white supremicists and violent drunks". That kind of talk doesn't get you respect,it just makes you the new Arabs.
Thank you !!

But I am only talking about the racist attacks on Indians which happened in Australia, is that not a problem??

On the society level you people must have thought some thing about it.

I have no idea why you are comparing Indians with Arabs, There are no similarities.

Respect is earned not given or taken.

Indians are respected for their contributions to the societies they have migrated.

Last edited:

thethinker

Country flag

Just FYI, to stay updated with media briefings by Ministry of External Affairs :

MEA | Statements : Media Briefings

This gives transcripts about various foreign visits undertaken, new diplomatic developments as well as official MEA responses to global diplomacy concerning India.

apple

The trade with North Korea is limited to only food stuff and basic aids. We dont really have any tech cooperation with them . Pakistan buys and uses there tech.
Food and aid to North Korea is nice. Was a bit surprised to India still has diplomatic relations with them, but that's for Indian govt./ people of India to decide.

Ring a bell?
The Indian Ambassador complaining about Melbourne cops racist humour? No, that doesn't ring a bell at all. Doesn't really surprise me though.

You had do some digging to bring that one back to light, didn't you? Can't imagine that ambassador issued an apology, or even a thank you note, when these same "racist" Melbourne cops arrested the killer of that Indian student back then

apple

Thank you !!

But I am only talking about the racist attacks on Indians which happened in Australia, is that not a problem??

On the society level you people must have thought some thing about it.

I have no idea why you are comparing Indians with Arabs, There are no similarities.

Respect is earned not given or taken.

Indians are respected for their contributions to the societies they have migrated.
Am comparing the actions of Indian officials with Arabs for their, increasing, tendency to fly off the handle at the smallest perceived insult.

Violent crime on any residents of Australia is very serious issue. White's first policy, colonialism and racism less so

thethinker

Country flag

Food and aid to North Korea is nice. Was a bit surprised to India still has diplomatic relations with them, but that's for Indian govt./ people of India to decide.

The Indian Ambassador complaining about Melbourne cops racist humour? No, that doesn't ring a bell at all. Doesn't really surprise me though.

You had do some digging to bring that one back to light, didn't you? Can't imagine that ambassador issued an apology, or even a thank you note, when these same "racist" Melbourne cops arrested the killer of that Indian student back then
Digging needs to be done whenever issues of significance are either completely ignored or downplayed.

Like the Aussie Symonds monkey gate for example. Andrew Goode racist incident on same lines and that too by a 13 year old Aussie girl was conveniently ignored by you while you expressed shock about how Indian crowd taunted Symonds in a cricket match.

Don't know about Aussie humour but here, in India, making snide remarks about people dying still isn't fashionable yet.

Last edited:

Srinivas_K

Country flag

Am comparing the actions of Indian officials with Arabs for their, increasing, tendency to fly off the handle at the smallest perceived insult.

Violent crime on any residents of Australia is very serious issue. White's first policy, colonialism and racism less so
Please mention one incident !!

thethinker

Country flag

Can't imagine that ambassador issued an apology, or even a thank you note, when these same "racist" Melbourne cops arrested the killer of that Indian student back then
Apology for what exactly?

Do you mean to imply that those cops doing their job for which they get paid is actually a favour to Indian students in Australia?

And who should be apologizing here?

The cops who forwarded emails about dying Indians and comparing that to Indian students in Australia or the Indian ambassador?

Let's be under no illusion that Australia still has racism and it is a societal issue.

apple

Digging needs to be done whenever issues of significance are either completely ignored or downplayed.

Like the Aussie Symonds monkey gate for example. Andrew Goode racist incident on same lines and that too by a 13 year old Aussie girl was conveniently ignored by you while you expressed shock about how Indian crowd taunted Symonds in a cricket match.

Don't know about Aussie humour but here, in India, making snide remarks about people dying still isn't fashionable yet.
Keep digging up "evidence" to fit with your prejudices/ justify flying off the handle(, at the smallest perceived insult)

That girl was questioned by the police. The (Varanasi?) police chief said that A) Indians can't be racist and B) India has a monkey god and Symonds should be proud to be called a monkey by Indians.

Let's be under no illusion that Australia still has racism and it is a societal issue.
Says an Indian.

Please mention one incident !!
I can't be bothered taking part in this thread anymore, it's going massively off topic. So, I wont be googling up stuff.

But, I've already mentioned Dikshit

Srinivas_K

Country flag

@apple you seems to have misunderstood Indians !!

Last edited by a moderator:

thethinker

Country flag

Keep digging up "evidence" to fit with your prejudices/ justify flying off the handle(, at the smallest perceived insult)

That girl was questioned by the police. The (Varanasi?) police chief said that A) Indians can't be racist and B) India has a monkey god and Symonds should be proud to be called a monkey by Indians.
Questioned after Goodes specifically pointed her as the culprit. Some fine parenting there!

And yes, monkeys are sacred in India. Hanuman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Says an Indian.

That comment about racism being societal issue in Australia is actually by Mr.Goodes who is himself an Australian Aborignal :

Goodes said he would continue to champion Indigenous culture, 20 years after Nicky Winmar's iconic stand against racism.

"If people have got a problem with me, say it to me. If you're going to hurt my feelings, I'm going to point you out," Goodes said.

"The media, Andrew Demetriou, Nicky Winmar, myself ... we're not going to stand for racism in our game."

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said the league will not seek any further punishment for the girl.

He said it was a sad affair that the comment came from a minor.

"I urge everybody, including the media, to be very, very careful about how you pursue this young girl," he said.

"Because what this girl needs now is some counselling and some support rather than anyone going after her.

"I say that genuinely because she's a very young girl and she's a minor."

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire visited with Goodes in the Swans rooms after Friday night's game and apologised on behalf of the club.

But Goodes said he did not blame the Magpies either.

"It's not a Collingwood issue, it's not an AFL issue, it's a society issue," he said.

"It's an issue of what are our parents teaching our kids?

"My mum taught me to treat people the way I want to be treated."

ghost

Not many teenager has picture of a moon probe scientist on the bedroom wall. Force India is doing great job in that field. Being so close to the top teams, many people start to think "well, theres more in India than just Tata Nanos".
Sir,

Yes ,there is much more to India than TATA nano.Few of the cars made by Indian companies.

This one cost 43354.325 Euro

There are lot more,and India to Overtake Thailand as Global Auto Hub by 2020: Report.India is the world's third largest exporter of two-wheelers after China and Japan and analysts expect Indian companies to gain market share in Africa and Latin America from their Chinese counterparts,which are struggling with rising labour costs and quality issues.India to Overtake Thailand as Global Auto Hub by 2020: Report - NDTVProfit.com

@apple sir,
As for being friends with both sides in several international conflicts that is very commendable, but this benefits India how?

India perform a balancing act between the two,and maintain good relationship and friendship with both side.This not only help India to exert some influence ,at the time when it is required,but also help us to achieve our own goals and needs.For example Israel help us in technological contribution ,where as Iran meet our oil need.Russia not only share crucial tech with us but collaborate with us on projects like BRAHMOS and FGFA.Same with US and other nations.Recently ISIS had kidnapped around 30 to 40 Indian nurses,but since India enjoyed influence on previous BATH party, which makes up the top rank of ISIS ,the nurses were released within few days safe and sound.

jouni

Sir,

Yes ,there is much more to India than TATA nano.Few of the cars made by Indian companies.

This one cost 43354.325 Euro

There are lot more,and India to Overtake Thailand as Global Auto Hub by 2020: Report.India is the world's third largest exporter of two-wheelers after China and Japan and analysts expect Indian companies to gain market share in Africa and Latin America from their Chinese counterparts,which are struggling with rising labour costs and quality issues.India to Overtake Thailand as Global Auto Hub by 2020: Report - NDTVProfit.com

@apple sir,

India perform a balancing act between the two,and maintain good relationship and friendship with both side.This not only help India to exert some influence ,at the time when it is required,but also help us to achieve our own goals and needs.For example Israel help us in technological contribution ,where as Iran meet our oil need.Russia not only share crucial tech with us but collaborate with us on projects like BRAHMOS and FGFA.Same with US and other nations.Recently ISIS had kidnapped around 30 to 40 Indian nurses,but since India enjoyed influence on previous BATH party, which makes up the top rank of ISIS ,the nurses were released within few days safe and sound.
I think that it is better that you just tell everybody that "Jaguar is owned by Indian company", than show these pictures.

thethinker

Country flag

India, Finland agree to double bilateral trade | Business Line

Helsinki, October 15:

India and Finland have agreed to double bilateral trade to $2 billion over the next three years. To achieve this target the two countries signed as many as 19 agreements for cooperation across various areas including education, biotechnology, nuclear and radiation safety and renewable energy. These agreements were signed in the presence of President Pranab Mukherjee and his Finnish counterpart President Sauli Niinistö

"We are aware of the Make in India programme and I think it's possible that Finnish businesses takes part and produces in India. Specifically we consider green technology as an opportunity for the future. One of the problems that India is trying to address is improvement of water treatment and waste water treatment which I think can be areas of cooperation," said Sauli Niinistö after the meet with the Indian President in Helsinki. President Mukherjee is on a two day State visit to Finland.

Among the agreements signed between the two countries is also a joint venture partnership agreement between Chempolis Oy and Numaligarh Refinery Ltd. to build first BioRefinary in India.

An MoU has been signed between the Department of Biotechnology and Tekes, Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation for Cooperation in the field of Biotechnology. The MoU shall help collaborate in the areas of diagnostics in health and well being through joint funding of projects and workshops.

But in comparison to India, Finland has greater trade with China with as many as 300 Finnish companies in that country. Earlier in response to a question from Business Line Niinistö had said "There's no obstacle in opening further trade with India too. In China now we have over 300 Finnish companies compared to 120 in India. But we all know the Nokia case and the Vodafone case. Maybe that's caused some thinking among investors who maybe careful not knowing what exactly has taken place."

Dhairya Yadav

We are not alone to have ties with them.
Other major western countries which have ties are - Germany, Spain, Sweden, UK

jouni

Chinese has edge over India in stability of business region. India is better than Russia though.

Dhairya Yadav

I think that it is better that you just tell everybody that "Jaguar is owned by Indian company", than show these pictures.
Land Rover is also owned by TATA. The best automobile given to world by India is REVA . Its pretty famous in UK. Full electric car. Its world most produced Electric Car.
REVA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
REVA NXR

REVA charging in London.

Mahindra Scorpio in Italy

Automotive industry in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles