India eyes Finland for tech cooperation to give 'Make in India' boost

ghost

Re: India eyes Finland for tech cooperation to give 'Make in India' bo

I think that it is better that you just tell everybody that "Jaguar is owned by Indian company", than show these pictures.
Sir,

There is a reason why I did not mention jaguar,because Jaguar has established it's name much before than it was owned by TATA.And those car are designed and developed outside India,where as these are from Indian companies,designed and developed in India.These represent India more than Jaguar.

jouni

There is still a lot of work to get the car design up to world level. You should hire some design offices from Europe to show you the way. Look at hyundai, they hired people from BMW and AUDI ten years ago. Now their products can compete in the world level.

OT. I am watching documentary about Indian inventions. I did not know you were s advanced in steel tech, numerals etc. Pretty interesting.

pmaitra

There is still a lot of work to get the car design up to world level. You should hire some design offices from Europe to show you the way. Look at hyundai, they hired people from BMW and AUDI ten years ago. Now their products can compete in the world level.

OT. I am watching documentary about Indian inventions. I did not know you were s advanced in steel tech, numerals etc. Pretty interesting.
All BMWs look almost the same. If you want boring looking cars, then go for a BMW. I wonder where all the money that BMW spends on "designing" goes. What do they have to show for the money spent? Hyundai is better in variety. TATA and Mahindra designs have a lot more variety and spice in it.

BMW is one of the best in handling and racing. Credit where due. Looks wise, they are at the bottom of the pit.

Also, I don't know what you mean by world level.

jouni

All BMWs look almost the same. If you want boring looking cars, then go for a BMW. I wonder where all the money that BMW spends on "designing" goes. What do they have to show for the money spent? Hyundai is better in variety. TATA and Mahindra designs have a lot more variety and spice in it.

BMW is one of the best in handling and racing. Credit where due. Looks wise, they are at the bottom of the pit.

Also, I don't know what you mean by world level.
If Indian car company executives think like you, they can forget their plans for growth. Koreans have understood what it takes, and so have the Chinese. Please look from dictionary words like "pedigree" and "brand value".

Dhairya Yadav

If Indian car company executives think like you, they can forget their plans for growth. Koreans have understood what it takes, and so have the Chinese. Please look from dictionary words like "pedigree" and "brand value".
Its not about looks , Its more about quality . TATA trails pretty bad when longevity comes. Its said that they have consulted Jaguar and Land Rover about quality works etc.
They then came up with this -

These cars are the first from TATA to be sold in Europe too. So I guess that it is a start.

If you ask me , when Quality, Looks , price all three are concerned , Mahindra is the best Auto company in India.

jouni

Its not about looks , Its more about quality . TATA trails pretty bad when longevity comes. Its said that they have consulted Jaguar and Land Rover about quality works etc.
They then came up with this -

These cars are the first from TATA to be sold in Europe too. So I guess that it is a start.

If you ask me , when Quality, Looks , price all three are concerned , Mahindra is the best Auto company in India.
How much this costs in Euros in India?

Infinity

The Tata Zest (first car in the picture) has been launched. Cost: Rs. 4.64 - 6.99 lakhs (5938.36 euro to 8945.93 euro)
Read MOre: www .team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/153946-tata-zest-official-review. html

Tata Bolt (2nd pic) will be launched next year. Will be cheaper than the Tata Zest.

pmaitra

If Indian car companies think like me, they will not continue to produce 15+ different vehicles for 50+ years where all look the same, save for some minor changes here and there.

Thankfully, not everyone thinks like that.

This is Ford Focus:

This is also Ford Focus:

This one is also Ford Focus:

Not at all interested in speculating about what Koreans have understood, or what you think they have understood. All I am saying is the BMW designs are boring, and TATA/Mahindra's designs are creative and refreshing.

sgarg

These are typical diplomatic niceties.

A President is only a figurehead in India. Please wait until an Indian PM or Indian Defence minister visits Finland.

Till then, there is no need to jump to conclusions.

Just for comparison, the Indian Home minister is soon going to Israel. This is due to strong defence relationship (also very fast growing bilateral trade).

India welcomes cooperation with all countries, not only Finland. However do not jump to conclusions about any special relevance of Finland for India.

Last edited by a moderator:

ladder

Country flag

These are typical diplomatic niceties.

A President is only a figurehead in India. Please wait until an Indian PM or Indian Defence minister visits Finland.

Till then, there is no need to jump to conclusions.

Just for comparison, the Indian Home minister is soon going to Israel. This is due to strong defence relationship (also very fast growing bilateral trade).

India welcomes cooperation with all countries, not only Finland. However do not jump to conclusions about any special relevance of Finland for India.
President of India doesn't sign any deal, the delegation accompanying him does. Heavy Industry minister, was part of the delegation that visited Finland accompanying our President.

Zebra

Country flag
http://www.defensenews.com/story/de...zing-portion-defense-company-patria/84915894/

Finland Privatizing Portion of Defense Company Patria

Agence France-Presse , May 25, 2016

HELSINKI — Finnish state-owned defense manufacturer Patria on Wednesday announced a plan to privatize a portion of the company by selling it to Kongsberg, a partially state-owned defense company in Norway.

"The competition authorities have granted their approval concerning sale by State of Finland of 49.9 percent of the defense company Patria Oyj to Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS," Patria said in a statement.

Patria said the value of the deal was 283.5 million euros ($316 million).

Finland is not member of NATO, unlike neighboring Norway, but it has intensified its partnership with NATO by participating in joint exercises in the Baltic Sea region, where the United States and neighboring Russia have increased military activity lately, due to the conflict in Ukraine.

Patria's main product, an armored vehicle, was a profitable business until 2008, when the company was linked to bribing scandals in sales to Slovenia, Egypt and Croatia. Eventually, after seven years, all charges were dropped against Patria and its bosses.

The company has managed to recover from the reputational damage it suffered as a result, but in 2014 Finland's government decided to seek a new minority owner to the company.

In 2015, Patria's operating profit was 46.8 million euros ($52.1 million), down some 16 percent from a year before.

Half of Kongsberg is owned by the Norwegian state and the rest by international investors.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles