India-China Border conflict

BlackViking

Country flag
Instead of integrating with India, he wants Ladakh to be given "special status" and have tribal laws which bars Indians from other states from buying land & opening businesses.

While I understand his concerns (saving Ladakh, ecology, etc.), his way of doing it is not correct. Also this is a very dangerous line of thinking that "we wuz espesal" and breeds secessionist mentality going forward in locals.

Given the vulnerability of Ladakh, any form of democratic govt. in Ladakh will 100% be utilized to sow anti-India movements in Ladakh. Infact it cannot be ruled out Sonam Wangchuk is already a Chinese sellout.
I knew it the very moment he threatened of insurgency last year.

thebakofbakchod

The amount of barking ching chongs are doing over Arunachal Pradesh, expect some drama in the coming summer. There are many areas of the state with terrible road access still. Road building needs to be increased multifold

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
The amount of barking ching chongs are doing over Arunachal Pradesh, expect some drama in the coming summer. There are many areas of the state with terrible road access still. Road building needs to be increased multifold
Yeah its kind if guaranteed this summer they will do some mischief. Btw the campaign season is almost here, by mid-April we should be on high alert.

Jimih

Country flag
He did ? Sauce ?
Sonam Wangchuk wants to be the next Shibu Soren and KC Rao. Both did hunger strikes and anarchy untill their respective states was carved out of Bihar and Andhra Pradesh respectively.

Both Soren and Rao became CMs of their newly formed states respectively.

Wangchuk is definitely eying a CMs seat after Ladakh being granted a seperate statehood. But the problem will start after he starts calling Ladakh a seperate Buddhist state just like Mizoram has the audacity to call itself a Christian state.

With this Shia Muslims of Kargil sector will start their own agitation. Ladakh is largly divided between Budhhist Leh sector and Muslim Kargil sector.

Modi and Co looking at all the possibilities right now and hence taking time to take some decision.

Moreover it looks like GoI and IA are waiting for all the critical infrastructures to be completed in the region before taking any statehood granting decision.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

vidhwanshak

Country flag
I thought this was a benign non-violent movement for lok sabha/rajya sabha seats, etc. Then I started noticing Sonam Wangchuk's anti-Hindu rants & anti-BJP rants, so I dig a little deeper, only to realise this guy is a sellout.
This is all because of farmers' protest. Now, any tom-dick-harry thinks that he can fuck with the gormint.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
By the way, in all honesty, Ladakh + Kargil do deserve democratically elected govt.

I have talked with locals extensively of both regions, there is no representative from their side in GoI to voice their concerns. Local & regional issues can only be understood by local representatives, and they often face difficulty reaching & communicating with centrally-elected officer who is generally an IAS officer.

But I have no idea how to do it while still keeping a strong control over the states so that anti-national elements don't get a free hand like Kashmir & Manipur.

Azaad

Country flag
Sonam Wangchuk wants to be the next Shibu Soren and KC Rao. Both did hunger strikes and anarchy untill their respective states was carved out of Bihar and Andhra Pradesh respectively.

Both Soren and Rao became CMs of their newly formed states respectively.

Wangchuk is definitely eying a CMs seat after Ladakh being granted a seperate statehood. But the problem will start after he starts calling Ladakh a seperate Buddhist state just like Mizoram has the audacity to call itself a Christian state.

With this Shia Muslims of Kargil sector will start their own agitation. Ladakh is largly divided between Budhhist Leh sector and Muslim Kargil sector.

Modi and Co looking at all the possibilities right now and hence taking time to take some decision.

Moreover it looks like GoI and IA are waiting for all the critical infrastructures to be completed in the region before taking any statehood granting decision.
Total population in Ladakh is not even 5 lakhs. Forget statehood , they'd be lucky if they got a Local Development Council.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles