India-China Border conflict

Hari Sud

Country flag
Even if they come close enough to the original specs, after being a copy, they have the industrial might to churn out a lot of these and it actually makes a difference

I don't buy into the usual musings of Chinese maal loW qUalITy vRoO shiiet
Look at how their engine program has matured, the Y-20 now flies with a domestic engine, same with their UAC/UCAV program

In Machiavellian terms it is foolish to rely upon the enemy's apparent weaknesses than your own evident strengths to win a war
It is good to hear from you a quote from Machiavelli but if second-rate hardware fails right in the middle of the operation, then it is a bigger disaster which Machiavelli did not imagine and hence did not quote.

jai jaganath

Country flag
View attachment 218903

"Can I copy your homework"

"Sure, don't make it too obvious"

almost the bulk of PLA equipment is US weapons platforms' ripoffs, and since copying is never as good as creating something out of scratch, I'm pretty sure most of these don't even come to a significant threat lmao
Hai bhai yeh bhi sunna tha
If someone is copying to that extent then it's only bcoz the matured mic and industrial might
Their quality will keep on improving as long as the manufacture and infact if we see the insane amount of things built by them these weapons quality would be very good compared to beginning bcoz as u manufacture u improve the things in batches
That's why large orders always provide u better quality and manufacturing scales gets developed thus helping in future

And pls don't buy this chooran that Chinese equipments are poor and does nothing
They have attained manufacturing scale, mic and industrial might to improve those which they have already done significantly in these 20 years

MikeTheInfantryman

Country flag
Even if they come close enough to the original specs, after being a copy, they have the industrial might to churn out a lot of these and it actually makes a difference

I don't buy into the usual musings of Chinese maal loW qUalITy vRoO shiiet
Look at how their engine program has matured, the Y-20 now flies with a domestic engine, same with their UAC/UCAV program

In Machiavellian terms it is foolish to rely upon the enemy's apparent weaknesses than your own evident strengths to win a war
Oh yeah, I am not going to underestimate them, they can definitely work,just not as good as their original counterparts.

Undersitmating your enemy is the greatest mistake you can make. So yeah I'm not going to assume everything is a failure

MikeTheInfantryman

Country flag
Hai bhai yeh bhi sunna tha
If someone is copying to that extent then it's only bcoz the matured mic and industrial might
Their quality will keep on improving as long as the manufacture and infact if we see the insane amount of things built by them these weapons quality would be very good compared to beginning bcoz as u manufacture u improve the things in batches
That's why large orders always provide u better quality and manufacturing scales gets developed thus helping in future

And pls don't buy this chooran that Chinese equipments are poor and does nothing
They have attained manufacturing scale, mic and industrial might to improve those which they have already done significantly in these 20 years
Uhhh yeah no. Unless you get the technology for making it better it's not going to get good someday. Weapons quality get good only when there's an intense R&D for that. Seeing as how they like to employ industrial espionage rather than R&D, even though they might make weapons that are okay, it's not going to be as good as the thing they ripped off from.

I'm not going to buy into either propaganda that either Chinese weapons are trash or that they have good weapons either. China tightly controls the perceptive on their stuff, you can't see the other side of the coin. It's pretty important to not underestimate while being quite sceptical when you have limited information

jai jaganath

Country flag
Uhhh yeah no. Unless you get the technology for making it better it's not going to get good someday. Weapons quality get good only when there's an intense R&D for that. Seeing as how they like to employ industrial espionage rather than R&D, even though they might make weapons that are okay, it's not going to be as good as the thing they ripped off from.

I'm not going to buy into either propaganda that either Chinese weapons are trash or that they have good weapons either. China tightly controls the perceptive on their stuff, you can't see the other side of the coin. It's pretty important to not underestimate while being quite sceptical when you have limited information
My specific point was manufacturing quality and it gets better the more it gets produced unlike piecemeal orders
Coming to rnd their budget is far higher in this regards and even percentage the industrial espionage is not possible without domestic rnd and mic to perfect it

When we have limited info then better give it a fair estimate coz that won't surprise us and this thing I'd for sure IA gets right

BabaKhalbali

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Why do you think we even have to import in the first place lmao? DPSUs are going to stay the same no matter what.
Not entirely true.
Why is IA doing endless trials of ATAGS ?
What is stopping IA from placing mass orders of Tonbo NVGs, PCs, helmets from MKU/Armasen,
sniper rifles from SSS (somewhat controversial but not PSU) etc....
All above are pvt companies.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Not entirely true.
Why is IA doing endless trials of ATAGS ?
What is stopping IA from placing mass orders of Tonbo NVGs, PCs, helmets from MKU/Armasen,
sniper rifles from SSS (somewhat controversial but not PSU) etc....
All above are pvt companies.
Forget about buying sss snipers or carbines they haven't even moved past rfi yet its been 1 fucking year