India-China Border conflict

Blademaster

Paise diya toh hua hain...but kya deliveries mili?

In the event of next Indo-China border skirmishes can we expect Russia to replenish India's military needs?

Russian jumla will be, "humein Ukraine ke liye bachake rakhna hain apne hathyar"

Well to be fair to Russia, the supply chain has been disrupted and it will take a while for it to get back to normal. Nonetheless, India should seize this opportunity and demand local production.

SKC

Country flag
Paise diya toh hua hain...but kya deliveries mili?

In the event of next Indo-China border skirmishes can we expect Russia to replenish India's military needs?

Russian jumla will be, "humein Ukraine ke liye bachake rakhna hain apne hathyar"

Tumhe few Billions and 300-400 Billions mai difference nahi dikhta?

Jimih

Country flag
Tumhe few Billions and 300-400 Billions mai difference nahi dikhta?
My context was different mate, exactly not related to the figures quoted in your post.

Read my post from India's pov.

vishnugupt

Country flag
My context was different mate, exactly not related to the figures quoted in your post.

Read my post from India's pov.
India was paid in advance for Covid vaccines by foreign countries during second wave of pandemic but did we supply vaccines as per their demand?

Of course NO, because we needed the vaccines most at that time so we asked other countries to prioritise their requirements accordingly their vulnerable population ( for above 65yrs population).

similarly, Russia is in war, we are not in war so delay is well understood should be justified. And delay is not very long. They had already delivered 3 systems in time so no need to hyperventilate.

Thank to UN generals, we have to zip our mouth for at least next 15 years when it comes to defence requirements.

Knowitall

:rofl: There is no simping here. It is actual acknowledgement of the reality here in laymen terms.

Ok so what? What does it have to do with us?

So are many other countries' population declining. Have you actually visited Russia? Their manufacturing and industrial base is more advance than us even though USSR has fallen more than 30 years ago. They produce more on a per capita basis indicating higher industrial & manufacturing efficiency. Their GDP per capita and HDI are several levels higher than India. On what basis do you make that comparison?

That I agree and I did refer to us being more advanced than them in that area.

Are you sure about that? Putin got the entire African continent and some South American countries looking at his propositions and ideas about a trading bloc with great interest. The Middle East countries look at him for direction despite the West's sanctions. India cannot even get that gauge of interests in trade within the same level despite its success in making the rupee as the trading currency with 18 countries. And Russia did that in the face of massive Western sanctions. If India was facing the same conditions as Russia did, India would have wilted and faltered and most of the world would not pay attention to India.

I am sorry but face it. Russia is in a different league than us. We got our own strengths but we got our own weaknesses. Russia did and went through the biggest stress tests ever in the history of the world and emerged stronger. What does that tell you?

Your math is completely way off on this. Russia GDP is over 2 trillion dollars. Nowhere does Mumbai, New Delhi, or Bangalore produce that kind of revenue.

Visit Moscow and its surrounding areas. Also visit St. Petersburg too. Visit the metros and railroad stations. You will be surprised.

WTF are you smoking??? (I am not trying to insult you but show you my astonishment) They produce more ships than us!!! We are buying advanced frigates from them!!! They launch more rockets than us!!!! They have way more cruise missiles than us!!!! and they perform way better than us!!!!! And they launch way more heavier payloads than us!!!!! Their engines are way more advanced than the one we got. Take a look at this video about Russian rocket engines:

Please get off from whatever you are smoking and come back to earth. Or please stop watching western propaganda anti Russia videos.

Ok but until then, Russia is still an highly advanced society in almost every field, just not in electronics and they are seeking to remedy this in order to reach parity with the West.

Are you sure about that? Because I feel that you are thinking about another country. What you described is not Russia but another country.

I am not trying to insult you but I need to know where you are coming from to justify the assertions you have made regarding Russia. And I am not sucking up to Russia because I am in love with Russia. I am not in love with Russia at all. I am just making sure that you guys don't fall for the western kool aid and throw everything away and go all in deep with the western world because that is the biggest mistake India can make. India needs to straddle both worlds and stay firm. Only India can grow strong and powerful and live by its own rules and conditions. That is what I want. US and the West wants India to abandon that Russian world and go completely in one world under US conditions and rules which I do not want.
There is no simping here. It is actual acknowledgement of the reality here in laymen terms.
That the entire forum can already see.

It has everything to with us and our dominance. One country does settlements in yuan across Asia and Africa while India expands its own rupee trade and UPI systems across Africa Europe and Asia. The economic dominance of India is stark when compared to the Yuan dependent Russians

Us

1679573253470.png

Them

1679573289359.png

So are many other countries' population declining. Have you actually visited Russia? Their manufacturing and industrial base is more advance than us even though USSR has fallen more than 30 years ago. They produce more on a per capita basis indicating higher industrial & manufacturing efficiency. Their GDP per capita and HDI are several levels higher than India. On what basis do you make that comparison?
Huh you pulling numbers out of nowhere now? Here is the manufacturing output list instead of that per capita nonsense. In pure numbers it simply does not matter and whatever per capital gap remains will end soon too.

1679573636849.png

This topic has been debated to death but unfortunately some people don't read enough. GDP per capita is stupid because in PPP terms Indians can simply purchase much much more when the difference in dollar and rupee is massive. Look at Indicators like car bike ownership etc to see the real difference.

Are you sure about that? Putin got the entire African continent and some South American countries looking at his propositions and ideas about a trading bloc with great interest. The Middle East countries look at him for direction despite the West's sanctions. India cannot even get that gauge of interests in trade within the same level despite its success in making the rupee as the trading currency with 18 countries. And Russia did that in the face of massive Western sanctions. If India was facing the same conditions as Russia did, India would have wilted and faltered and most of the world would not pay attention to India.

I am sorry but face it. Russia is in a different league than us. We got our own strengths but we got our own weaknesses. Russia did and went through the biggest stress tests ever in the history of the world and emerged stronger. What does that tell you?
Piggy backing on Chinese back you mean? After china it is India that is one of the biggest trading partners of ME. Nobody looks at them for direction rather they look for their own benefits thats it. India would not face similar conditions because we actually know how to play geopolitics.

Russia is indeed in a different league than us after all they couldn't even reach their pre 2014 economic levels meaning their league is actually way below us.

WTF are you smoking??? (I am not trying to insult you but show you my astonishment) They produce more ships than us!!! We are buying advanced frigates from them!!!
Not smoking Russia churan clearly.

What Russia produces.

1679574824985.png

What we make

1679575289218.png

Make no mistakes Russians do not even posses the capability to build a kolkata class destroyer much less an aircraft carrier which is why they rely on that junk carrier. whatever gap remains is in the submarine fleet which India will bridge soon enough. The only reason we buy frigates from them is because our shipyards are full.

I have made my point. Indians and their inferiority complex knows no bounds Russia this Russia that while they live a soviet decaying hell hole of a country.

There are no partners no friends in geopolitics only major powers and their junior partners. In the coming years just like with China Russia to will have to contend with being India's junior partner only while India takes its position in the world stage.

Jimih

Country flag
India was paid in advance for Covid vaccines by foreign countries during second wave of pandemic but did we supply vaccines as per their demand?
India supplied over 235 mn total supplies of Covid vaccines to 98 countries. Hence satisfying about 62% of the vaccine demand worldwide.

So it was more than enough supplies from India's side.

similarly, Russia is in war, we are not in war so delay is well understood should be justified. And delay is not very long. They had already delivered 3 systems in time so no need to hyperventilate.
This thread should not turn into Russia, China or US appreciation thread. There are no permanent friends or enemies in Geopolitics, nations makes friends in accordance to their needs. That's why we now see the current bonhomie between Putin and Jinping. US Yankees has forced Putin to be on China's 'sphere of influence' and that's only Unkil Sam's doing.

Thank to UN generals, we have to zip our mouth for at least next 15 years when it comes to defence requirements
This I agree with, India is still 'sab pe nirbhar' and not 'Aatmanirbhar' in defence requirements.

Being a private defence supplier is a nightmare in India. You never know ki kab paise doob gaye.

mokoman

Country flag
if the China-Russia alliance is so great , why isnt China giving weapons/drones to its iron brother Russia .

i think Russia is still usefull to us .

UN generals and idiot babus probably think a major month long war isnt possible at LAC and i agree with them. we have enough firepower to give china "bloody nose"TM - chinese know this too . doesnt matter if Russia doesnt help us or not , they will stay neutral .

best play all sides and extract maximum from all sides.

skunk works

Country flag
Being biased under the pretext of being an "ally"

Under whose pressure or influence?

Russia has clearly chosen its partner. It will be a junior partner though.

So the 'Soviet Hangover' should be left off as quickly as possible.

Didn't this clown learn his lesson after being laughed at in New Delhi?
The Russian foreign office, which has the legacy of great diplomats like Gromyko, Kosygin, Dobrynin, Shevardnadze Has fallen.
Trying to play both sides while getting their ass handed to them in Ukraine. Imagine the audacity.

skunk works

Country flag
:rofl: There is no simping here. It is actual acknowledgement of the reality here in laymen terms.

That I agree and I did refer to us being more advanced than them in that area.

Your math is completely way off on this. Russia GDP is over 2 trillion dollars. Nowhere does Mumbai, New Delhi, or Bangalore produce that kind of revenue.

Visit Moscow and its surrounding areas. Also visit St. Petersburg too. Visit the metros and railroad stations. You will be surprised.

WTF are you smoking??? (I am not trying to insult you but show you my astonishment) They produce more ships than us!!! We are buying advanced frigates from them!!! They launch more rockets than us!!!! They have way more cruise missiles than us!!!! and they perform way better than us!!!!! And they launch way more heavier payloads than us!!!!! Their engines are way more advanced than the one we got. Take a look at this video about Russian rocket engines:

Please get off from whatever you are smoking and come back to earth. Or please stop watching western propaganda anti Russia videos.

Ok but until then, Russia is still an highly advanced society in almost every field, just not in electronics and they are seeking to remedy this in order to reach parity with the West.

Are you sure about that? Because I feel that you are thinking about another country. What you described is not Russia but another country.

I am not trying to insult you but I need to know where you are coming from to justify the assertions you have made regarding Russia. And I am not sucking up to Russia because I am in love with Russia. I am not in love with Russia at all. I am just making sure that you guys don't fall for the western kool aid and throw everything away and go all in deep with the western world because that is the biggest mistake India can make. India needs to straddle both worlds and stay firm. Only India can grow strong and powerful and live by its own rules and conditions. That is what I want. US and the West wants India to abandon that Russian world and go completely in one world under US conditions and rules which I do not want.
You cannot credit Soviet R&D just to Russia. Check how many design bureaux were based in other republics like Ukraine.

Knowitall

Being biased under the pretext of being an "ally"

Under whose pressure or influence?

Russia has clearly chosen its partner. It will be a junior partner though.

So the 'Soviet Hangover' should be left off as quickly as possible.

This is what I was trying to say.

The idea of allies partners friends is stupid and not based in reality.

I hope Russians manage to win in Ukraine depsite the disaster at the start of the conflict but the reality of this world is that they are now just a pawn between two great powers i.e US and China.

Both the Chinese and Americans are extracting their pound of flesh from Russia. One is selling Europe LNG at four times the Russian price while the other is buying oil and gas from Russia at discounted rates.

India being India is not destined to be a junior partner to anybody but rather an other pole in the multipolar world.

Thus by that very nature Russians will to a certain level envy us because they cannot match us and they know they are on borrowed time w.r.t some technological areas.

Hari Sud

Country flag
if the China-Russia alliance is so great , why isnt China giving weapons/drones to its iron brother Russia .

‘Because Chinese hardware is of third rate quality, all copied and reverse engineered stuff, hence Russia does not want Chinese stuff. All Russia wants is its political and diplomatic support.

i think Russia is still usefull to us .

UN generals and idiot babus probably think a major month long war isnt possible at LAC and i agree with them. we have enough firepower to give china "bloody nose"TM - chinese know this too . doesnt matter if Russia doesnt help us or not , they will stay neutral .

best play all sides and extract maximum from all sides.

Blademaster

That the entire forum can already see.

It has everything to with us and our dominance. One country does settlements in yuan across Asia and Africa while India expands its own rupee trade and UPI systems across Africa Europe and Asia. The economic dominance of India is stark when compared to the Yuan dependent Russians
Because it is more advantageous to Russia since it can buy lots of stuff in China.

View attachment 197652

Them

View attachment 197653

Huh you pulling numbers out of nowhere now? Here is the manufacturing output list instead of that per capita nonsense. In pure numbers it simply does not matter and whatever per capital gap remains will end soon too.

View attachment 197656

This topic has been debated to death but unfortunately some people don't read enough. GDP per capita is stupid because in PPP terms Indians can simply purchase much much more when the difference in dollar and rupee is massive. Look at Indicators like car bike ownership etc to see the real difference.
Some people needs to have their reading comprehension checked and read the news again.

On the stats you showed, India is only bigger due to its population. Look at the per capita basis and you can see that Russia is way ahead of India. You are way off on the PPP. For instance, PPP does not apply when it comes to purchases of oil, fertilizers, minerals, etc. You still have to pay in hard cold cash, not in PPP cash. GDP per capita is an useful indicator of the productivity of each person and the advancement of a society.

As for the rupee replacing the dollar, it only replaces the dollar when it comes to trade between India and those countries. It does not displace the dollar entirely.

Ruble as a currency is much stronger than Indian rupee right now.

Piggy backing on Chinese back you mean? After china it is India that is one of the biggest trading partners of ME. Nobody looks at them for direction rather they look for their own benefits thats it. India would not face similar conditions because we actually know how to play geopolitics.

Russia is indeed in a different league than us after all they couldn't even reach their pre 2014 economic levels meaning their league is actually way below us.
India is a big trading partner of ME because it needs the ME oil not the other way around. Russia does not need the ME. ME actually needs Russia more because of the food grain and minerals it provides.

Not smoking Russia churan clearly.
No but clearly Indian hashish of some kind.

What Russia produces.

View attachment 197659

What we make

View attachment 197661

Make no mistakes Russians do not even posses the capability to build a kolkata class destroyer much less an aircraft carrier which is why they rely on that junk carrier. whatever gap remains is in the submarine fleet which India will bridge soon enough. The only reason we buy frigates from them is because our shipyards are full.
Russia produces the following:

1679592004306.png

Ships:

1679592063282.png

And Russia is building new class of destroyer called Lider.

Yes India built an aircraft carrier but only one.

India has yet to build a nuclear attack sub while Russia has produced a lot. India import Russia nuclear reactors. India import Russian ABMs. India imports Russia tanks and planes. Russia has its own aeronautical industry.

Their metallurgy level is more advanced than India.

I have made my point. Indians and their inferiority complex knows no bounds Russia this Russia that while they live a soviet decaying hell hole of a country.

There are no partners no friends in geopolitics only major powers and their junior partners. In the coming years just like with China Russia to will have to contend with being India's junior partner only while India takes its position in the world stage.
Sounds like you know very little about Russia and only rely on western sources on Russia. Try visiting Russia for a change and you might change your mind instead of having a knee jerk reaction. Russia is still a great power. Do not discount or underestimate Russia.

As for India rising, we all look forward to it but as we often know, the path ahead is paved with pitfalls and gorges and chasms. We shall see how India tackle the incoming challenges. Don't count the eggs before they hatch.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles