India-China Border conflict

AnantS

Country flag
There will be no AI or any state of art military technologies that will work in the altitude of 17,000 ft.

Only sheer physical strength, high morale and regimentation will work there.
Logistics Logistics Logistics. Who can supply men and material continuously to the front shall win. Even in Kargil - India started seeing success when they started disrupting logistic supply chain of Paki soldiers perched on mountain top. Same would be here.

The Juggernaut

Country flag
What Does Rahul Gandhi Want
What is his problem
Whenever this person speaks something , I smell conspiracy. Whenever he says something, there is there is well-placed series of incidents. Like his kerosene comment and the blasphemy protest. It might be that Chinese really planning something nefarious while congress is working on 0.5 front.

Concard

Country flag
Logistics Logistics Logistics. Who can supply men and material continuously to the front shall win. Even in Kargil - India started seeing success when they started disrupting logistic supply chain of Paki soldiers perched on mountain top. Same would be here.
Can we expand dedicated freight corridor from Ludhiana to Kashmir where terrain is favorable until the last mile? We sure cannot expand until Ladakh but at least until to a point where it is possible to do so. The rest of the journey fuel, weapons and supplies can be carried through trucks. And also there is not a single kilometer of dedicated freight corridor going through any North Eastern states, why not expand it through Sikkim or Northern Bengal?

Proposed-DFCs-in-India.png

The black lines in the map is what I am proposing. I don't have a detailed idea whether it is possible or not. But I am sure challenges can be overcome. We don't have to run double stack container in this terrain just a single stack container. I am sure Bhutan will oblige if some kilometers of track goes through their territory or even Nepal. If we can do that then supplying our troops becomes far more easier. We can run Diesel Locomotives if running electric ones are difficult.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Can we expand dedicated freight corridor from Ludhiana to Kashmir where terrain is favorable until the last mile? We sure cannot expand until Ladakh but at least until to a point where it is possible to do so. The rest of the journey fuel, weapons and supplies can be carried through trucks. And also there is not a single kilometer of dedicated freight corridor going through any North Eastern states, why not expand it through Sikkim or Northern Bengal?

View attachment 186239

The black lines in the map is what I am proposing. I don't have a detailed idea whether it is possible or not. But I am sure challenges can be overcome. We don't have to run double stack container in this terrain just a single stack container. I am sure Bhutan will oblige if some kilometers of track goes through their territory or even Nepal. If we can do that then supplying our troops becomes far more easier. We can run Diesel Locomotives if running electric ones are difficult.
I think if we can significantly upgrade current road structure and planning(overall), most logistical problems can be solved. On the Tibetian side, the Chinese have wide roads going to and fro, which allows freedom of cargo. On our side, have you see the roads in the mountains 😛?

AnantS

Country flag

View attachment 186239

The black lines in the map is what I am proposing. I don't have a detailed idea whether it is possible or not. But I am sure challenges can be overcome. We don't have to run double stack container in this terrain just a single stack container. I am sure Bhutan will oblige if some kilometers of track goes through their territory or even Nepal. If we can do that then supplying our troops becomes far more easier.
India esp under current Govt is working on establishing new routes to enable robust logistic chain. Thats precisely the reason why China engaged in hostilities. They want to to make best of the advantage/edge they have now. China took its own sweet time to build - but they did. We just woke up in comparison.

AnantS

Country flag
I think if we can significantly upgrade current road structure and planning(overall), most logistical problems can be solved. On the Tibetian side, the Chinese have wide roads going to and fro, which allows freedom of cargo. On our side, have you see the roads in the mountains 😛?
The approach to Tibet from China side is also through mountains. They face same challenges as ours. One on Tibet - its relatively flat. Hence you see wide roads.

DumbPilot

Country flag
The approach to Tibet from China side is also through mountains. They face same challenges as ours. One on Tibet - its relatively flat. Hence you see wide roads.
Yes I know. We face that disadvantage. I didn't phrase it properly - the Chinese have roads like those all over the country -- we don't. Aside from logistical ease, condition of roads also helps economy. Again, we just have a lack of proper planning, because everyone is busy playing raag darbari..

Ignoring the zero-emissions bit - what this article says has sense.

ovalpiston

Country flag
I don't think it's even that. Just leaders who have no idea about the ground reality and like to make shit up.
They are fully aware of what they are doing. This isn't the first time that INC and its stooges have peddled the enemy's propaganda and questioned our armed forces, they did it during Kargil, they did it after Uri, they did it after Pulwama, they did it after Balakot, they did it after Galwan and they are doing it again. They don't even maintain the pretenses of being an Indian political party anymore. If one was none the wiser, listening to their statements and press conferences one would be forgiven to think INC as lobbying/PR arm of CCP or Pakistani establishment.

Articles