India-China Border conflict

Angel of War

Country flag
Central sector is uttarakhand?
uttarkhand and himachal . Currently entrusted to 6 mountain division under central command. 14 RAPID in dehradun is being converted to a mountain division too so that there is another div for this sector and it's armoured brigade is being given to another infantry division in Punjab Plains . @Joe Shearer am i correct ?

Joe Shearer

Country flag
uttarkhand and himachal . Currently entrusted to 6 mountain division under central command. 14 RAPID in dehradun is being converted to a mountain division too so that there is another div for this sector and it's armoured brigade is being given to another infantry division in Punjab Plains . @Joe Shearer am i correct ?
You are SO right!
For our war-game, I had taken away 14 RAPID to another location, but that is a bit of harmless game play.
It is almost certain that the Chinese will put pressure here next.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
You are SO right!
For our war-game, I had taken away 14 RAPID to another location, but that is a bit of harmless game play.
It is almost certain that the Chinese will put pressure here next.
Sir , in your simulation have you factored in the Chinese also ?
Or it is only against the Pakistanis?

Joe Shearer

Country flag
Sir , in your simulation have you factored in the Chinese also ?
Or it is only against the Pakistanis?
No, only the Pakistanis, and we have cheated mildly.
This is a game; they can't appeal to the Chinese and the Chinese won't put pressure.
So we have scaled down our Navy and Air Force resources deployed against China to the bare minimum, and shifted them west! Also the Amphibious Brigade.
The observer was very displeased but allowed it.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Xi Jinping will be kicked out of CCP

He is losing the mandate of heaven faster than I thought.

Though I hate giving unsolicited advice; he did a big mistake when amended the CCP constitution to secure himself as a lifelong President.

In a game of Chess looking vulnerable is as important as looking in control. Though it sounds oxymoron, the Chess and politics are like art where a good artist can reflect a lot of paradoxes in the same portrait. The effort is to not allow the opponent suicidal moves but to keep him hopeful that he may win the game.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
This is a game; they can't appeal to the Chinese and the Chinese won't put pressure.
So we have scaled down our Navy and Air Force resources deployed against China to the bare minimum, and shifted them west! Also the Amphibious Brigade.
Panzerkeil will be displeased i know he will be.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Even if you factor in Chinese help, what kind of 'actual' pressure they can put on us?

Not talking about the logistical help they will provide to Pak - thats a given
but actual boots on the ground or ships near our coast that would help Pak..

How would that go for the chinese, if they decide to attack us from north or move their ships to attack us, while we are busy with Pak?

Joe Shearer

Country flag
Even if you factor in Chinese help, what kind of 'actual' pressure they can put on us?

Not talking about the logistical help they will provide to Pak - thats a given
but actual boots on the ground or ships near our coast that would help Pak..

How would that go for the chinese, if they decide to attack us from north or move their ships to attack us, while we are busy with Pak?
Frankly, the real war-game that should be played is one between India and China. I can guarantee that given five to seven years of preparation, they can be seen off - on land. In the air, the situation is far more worrying.

But to return to your point of here and now, frankly, they can do nothing, other than behaving Teutonic and attacking us through Nepal. It is a pity that Deepak Kapoor's personal anger led to the dissolution of Central Command.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Frankly, the real war-game that should be played is one between India and China. I can guarantee that given five to seven years of preparation, they can be seen off - on land. In the air, the situation is far more worrying.

But to return to your point of here and now, frankly, they can do nothing, other than behaving Teutonic and attacking us through Nepal. It is a pity that Deepak Kapoor's personal anger led to the dissolution of Central Command.
He dissolved a freaking command ?
I have heard that general sundarjee was so upset after rajive gandy stopped him from further pursuing operation brasstacks that he purposely put India army formations away from the border.

Angel of War

Country flag

could you provide an insight into the air situation along the Sino Indian border and how do you see it changing in the next 5-7 years .

Joe Shearer

Country flag
could you provide an insight into the air situation along the Sino Indian border and how do you see it changing in the next 5-7 years .
Take some time.
You need to see the ORBAT for both the PLA AF and the IAF, first, in terms of air-bases, second, in terms of resources that the PLA AF can place IF they wish.
The problem is that much more than the Pakistani and Indian armed forces, the PLA is heavily reliant on very good logistics. They have planned to be able to concentrate forces very rapidly on any given point of their border within certain time periods.