India-China Border conflict

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The MSS station chief in Maldives has met organizers of this anti-India campaign atleast 03 times.

FG-MOfDaQAMjviP.jpeg

The Wolf Packs.

Last edited:

The Shrike

Country flag

Knowitall

Did not see this posted here, this has quite the mother load of information (including quite a few sat images).
At this point it seems that despang plains and many other border regions are practically lost to the Chinese. 2 years have passed and I don't think the govt would try to escalate again.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Found an interesting thing while exploring Chumbi Valley.

Just below the illegally Chinese-occupied Doklam plateau, China seems to have constructed "hardened shelters" for artillery.

Its unique feature is, the artillery can hide inside the safety of hardened-shelter, pretty much immune of counter-artillery fire, and for firing, it can come out in the fortified-front part which is faced towards India.

Only airstrikes (bunker-buster munition) or precision strikes at its opening (<3m CEP) will be effective in taking it out.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
2030 pops up again..
=======
It's an general observation i am seeing since last year, some geopolitical predictions are centered around 2030 by think tankers. usually these fellows predict 25-30 years periods.

keep in mind i might have misread things too. next time i come across, i will make a list and post it.
"U.S. and allied policymakers now face a 'decade of danger' through roughly 2030...Unless deterred successfully, Xi likely seeks a major historical achievement regarding Taiwan by the end of this decade, his maximum expected window of personal health and political opportunity."

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

Just below the illegally Chinese-occupied Doklam plateau, China seems to have constructed "hardened shelters" for artillery.

Its unique feature is, the artillery can hide inside the safety of hardened-shelter, pretty much immune of counter-artillery fire, and for firing, it can come out in the fortified-front part which is faced towards India.

Only airstrikes (bunker-buster munition) or precision strikes at its opening (<3m CEP) will be effective in taking it out.
Not really sure whether its a good idea, to make your artillery pieces immobile in a pit.. In an open space, an artillery battery can relocate or disperse, under own power, after a delivering a heavy barrage.. But, even if hardened, the Chinese artillery pieces would be vulnerable to bunker busters. Even normal bombs which cant hit the artillery pieces, could damage the pits, making it very difficult for the artillery to deploy again..

THESIS THORON

Country flag

I used to think that even hardened shelters cant manage heavy artilery rain.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Not really sure whether its a good idea, to make your artillery pieces immobile in a pit.. In an open space, an artillery battery can relocate or disperse, under own power, after a delivering a heavy barrage.. But, even if hardened, the Chinese artillery pieces would be vulnerable to bunker busters. Even normal bombs which cant hit the artillery pieces, could damage the pits, making it very difficult for the artillery to deploy again..
I think this case is unique. Narrow Chumbi Valley does not have a lot of strategic depth, and there is only a single highway running straight through the valley giving absolutely zero maneuverability.
Basically, there is no room for shoot-and-scoot tactics like in plains. So I think the Chinese thought it's better to stand ground and armor up rather than be a turkey-shoot for gunships and artillery.

It's almost amazing how China is not losing hope in Chumbi valley given how constricted and strategically vulnerable it stands.

I used to think that even hardened shelters cant manage heavy artilery rain.
Multiple 155mm rain might damage it. But it's generally unlikely for artillery rain to be that accurate to hit a certain area twice without being guided.