India-China Border conflict

mokoman

Country flag
I think there are a lot of noobs :bplease: that have used the circle tool put 5 wherever, even if it is a 6000m mountain range or a valley, and claiming its enough to cover 100% of our borders. So it would be more to disabuse those ideas and bring awareness that there will be loss of coverage due to (1) Mountains Terrain (2) curvature of earth (amongst other things). So find some "bad" locations, e.g. HP/UK (start or the mountain ranges), near Leh or Nyoma (which are valleys) or middle of Kashmir "valley" which has decent flat terrain but is surrounded by mountain ranges on all sides.
My own hypothesis is that it wont make sense for us to deploy anywhere north of the red line (i.e. only in the plains), lower range systems would be better served there (Spyder, Akash, maybe even MRSAM).
View attachment 119625

:hmm: makes sense , fanboys draw circles , but doesnt looks like it works that way - atleast on the LAC

i guess nothing is easy as it seems

Is it not capable of showing for multiple altitudes in one plot (instead of just 2km)? I would check for 10k ft (this is for the Pak side as Ladakh/Tibet is anyways above this base altitude), 20k ft, 30k ft for example.

it can show 4 distances.

give coords + distance from sea level or distance from ground . ill post image

its free download , if u have time , try it out.

The Shrike

Country flag
:hmm: makes sense , fanboys draw circles , but doesnt looks like it works that way - at least on the LAC

i guess nothing is easy as it seems

it can show 4 distances.

give coords + distance from sea level or distance from ground . ill post image

its free download , if u have time , try it out.
I don’t have access to windows machine at the moment so haven’t been able to try it my self. But here are some locations i would try:

Bad:
Mechuka or anywhere in Sikkim
Hasimara or Bagdora AFBs
Leh or Thoise
Dharmashala (HP) or anywhere else in UK

OKish:
Srinagar or Avantipura AFBs
Tezpur or Missamari

Good:
Adampur AFB,
Chabua AFB, Guwahati AFB

And Lukung/Pangong So western bank (I think some one has posted a pic of a radar places here).

Also another interesting project would be to do this for the Chinese side, we have quite a few known radar sites already mapped by OSINT.

pipebomb

Country flag
I have a question, what additional capabilities does h-6k brings to our tibet border that j-16 don't besides additional range

IndianHawk

Country flag
I think there are a lot of noobs :bplease: that have used the circle tool put 5 wherever, even if it is a 6000m mountain range or a valley, and claiming its enough to cover 100% of our borders. So it would be more to disabuse those ideas and bring awareness that there will be loss of coverage due to (1) Mountains Terrain (2) curvature of earth (amongst other things). So find some "bad" locations, e.g. HP/UK (start or the mountain ranges), near Leh or Nyoma (which are valleys) or middle of Kashmir "valley" which has decent flat terrain but is surrounded by mountain ranges on all sides.
My own hypothesis is that it wont make sense for us to deploy anywhere north of the red line (i.e. only in the plains), lower range systems would be better served there (Spyder, Akash, maybe even MRSAM).
View attachment 119625

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
I have a question, what additional capabilities does h-6k brings to our tibet border that j-16 don't besides additional range
H-6K or any other bombers are high-endurance bomb/missile trucks. So they are able to carry and deliver a large volume of munition over long ranges where fighters would require 4-5 or more sorties to achieve the same result.

But other than that they are slow, outdated, and vulnerable targets for even basic AD.

backburner

Country flag
chinese really have no clue about their own history , china (tang empire) was invaded by the abbassid caliphate in 751 AD with their ally tibetan empire , the abbassids crushed the chinese forces near talas river in mordern kyrgyzstan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Talas

the great grandson of genghis khan "ahmed tekudar"of ilkhanate was a muslim convert and participated in mongol civil wars against the golden horde and chagatai khanate which controlled large parts of mordern china(including xinjiang)

AHMED TEKUDAR
1637052320400.png

DIVISION OF MONGOL EMPIRE DURING CIVIL WAR
1637052415300.png

Crazywithmath

Country flag

Articles