India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Let's wait for GoI's statement. But even if we had faced casualties, we might not get any news immediately, but rather through OSINT like that of our braveheart Nyma Tenzin. The information blackout is too severe.
We must keep a watch for any tactical withdrawal of Chinese troops .. that is when they might drop a shit load of PGMs and missiles on our troops..

Synergy

Country flag
For some reason, this coming from Global times (they seldom publish their humiliation), seems like it was their aggression.
"forced to take countermeasures to stabilize the situation" sounds too fishy. Don't want to signal something bad, but it might be we have faced casualties and they are trying to steer clear of this aggression by blaming it on us.
Sir doesn't it seem like similar statement after Balakot strike? (but I may be wrong).

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I don't think there are any casualties. Because Global times clearly said Indian troops fired in the air.
So now PLA can't fire on Indian troops.
What do you say to the statement, "forced to take countermeasures to stabilize the situation ". How do you stabilize such a situation?

Some messages popping up. Doesn't sound good. Better not be true.
What is that message?
Guys! If you have a bad news, don't spread it without verifying. Rather wait for official GoI statement.

doreamon

Country flag
If they are saying they took counter measure that means they dint fire bullets to the sky . There must have been a skirmish .

another_armchair

Country flag
What do you say to the statement, "forced to take countermeasures to stabilize the situation ". How do you stabilize such a situation?

Guys BEWARE! DONT SPREAD UNVERIFIED WITHOUT VERIFYING. IF YOU HAVE ANY BAD NEWS, WAIT FOR OFFICIAL GOI STATEMENT.
Yup. That was my line in the past. So mum's the word.

LDev

Country flag
Looks good.

Unfortunately, neither can we afford systems like these in large numbers, nor are they (high tech gizmos) very particularly effective in high mountains of Himalayas.
Any 155 MM howitzer can fire this (powered) shell/projectile. So that part is not expensive. What is new will the sensors i.e. masts, audio sensors etc to track missiles and the AI driven software to determine which shooter will take the shot. This will be part of an enhanced AD network and is not exclusive to the Himalayas. But sensors mounted on peaks and along ridges should work well to detect Chinese cruise missiles and low flying aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles