India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehwag213

Country flag
This is an odd time to release a press statement, it's 3 am Beijing.
My best guess is that this is for upcoming meeting with EAM, they want to use this as a leverage.
Hopefully EAM simply disregards this tactic and get on with what ever he originally planned to communicate.
This can be discussed at local commander level at the border.
========
View attachment 58378
But the meeting is on 10 th. So why now ?

shade

Country flag
This is an odd time to release a press statement, it's 3 am Beijing.
My best guess is that this is for upcoming meeting with EAM, they want to use this as a leverage.
Hopefully EAM simply disregards this tactic and get on with what ever he originally planned to communicate.
This can be discussed at local commander level at the border.
========
View attachment 58378
Hope the good EAM does only "chai-biscoot talks", while our actions on the ground give Zhangs the message, he shouldn't commit to anything during these talks.
Cheeni laato ke bhoot hai bas, baato se nahi maanenge

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Kung Pao Chicken
I don't think that's actually Chinese. As far as I know it's American Chinese.

What I'm talking about is Tai Pao. It's like a meat filled bun, if you've eaten dumplings, it's like a huge dumpling. They sell the same things in Sikkim and Bhutan as well, albeit not as authentic as the Chinatown.

Offtopic, I know. Mods pls show mercy.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
CKMKB with firing redux by Indian army....😁😀😀😂
For some reason, this coming from Global times (they seldom publish their humiliation), seems like it was their aggression.
"forced to take countermeasures to stabilize the situation" sounds too fishy. Don't want to signal something bad, but it might be we have faced casualties and they are trying to steer clear of this aggression by blaming it on us.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
I don't think that's actually Chinese. As far as I know it's American Chinese.

What I'm talking about is Tai Pao. It's like a meat filled bun, if you've eaten dumplings, it's like a huge dumpling. They sell the same things in Sikkim and Bhutan as well, albeit not as authentic as the Chinatown.

Offtopic, I know. Mods pls show mercy.
Kung Pao is authentic Chinese, from Sichuan. But you must be talking about a Bao Bun?

Last edited:

Sehwag213

Country flag
For some reason, this coming from Global times (they seldom publish their humiliation), seems like it was their aggression.
"forced to take countermeasures to stabilize the situation" sounds too fishy. Don't want to signal something bad, but it might be we have faced casualties and they are trying to steer clear of this aggression by blaming it on us.
This is my exact worry. What does counter measures mean ?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
This is my exact worry. What does counter measures mean ?
Let's wait for GoI's statement. But even if we had faced casualties, we might not get any news immediately, but rather through OSINT like that of our braveheart Nyma Tenzin. The information blackout is too severe.

LDev

Country flag
The Government of India does not share your view.
Why the hell will our Foreign Minister agree to meet the Chinese Foreign Minister if the Chinese did not agree to pull back.
This time the initiative for peace was taken by the Chinese side. It is reported that the Chinese Defence Minister went to the hotel where our Defence Minister Rajnath Singh was staying and met him. Probably they have been thoroughly outwitted by the Indian Army and are desperate for a face saving solution.
A face saving solution which will not prevent war, but only postpone it to the future for a place and time of China's choosing. Because they have now realized that they came in half-cocked. Next time they will rectify those mistakes. Jaishankar and Wang Yi will be together for the SCO meetings and so the bilateral is on the sidelines of the SCO meeting. In the absence of the SCO schedule it is highly unlikely that the Defense Ministers or Foreign Ministers meetings would have taken place.

shade

Country flag
It's not humiliation, it is to show domestic and diaspora Chongs that "evil brown barbarians taking our land" so as to build a pro-war sentiment among said Chongs.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Let's wait for GoI's statement. But even if we had faced casualties, we might not get any news. The information blackout is too severe.
I don't think there are any casualties. Because Global times clearly said Indian troops fired in the air.
So now PLA can't fire on Indian troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles