India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Yes, as part of the whole territory which they consider the real China. It is just that they are in a confusing position where they can be close to India but also claim some of its territory.
Fir bhi bhai even if Taiwan Govt. comes to the power of entire China. It will be very easy for a country like India to negotiate and come to an agreement. You know why??? Because Taiwan is democratic. Citizens of either countries have not to worry for a war for mere this small border disputes.

Meanwhile, where is our Pappu anyway?? Now!!!

I bet every Khangressi's reaction to any of its worker be like this..

EhJqwyoUMAMDbUA.jpg

And also more and more things of CCP are coming to light... :troll:

EhJvuJnVoAEk0Gm.jpg

Rohan Naik

Country flag
I know this might be theoretically possible but this looks too fantastic to be true imo. Do you have a link to the article that posted this?
If
I know this might be theoretically possible but this looks too fantastic to be true imo. Do you have a link to the article that posted this?
Excalibur rounds were very similar idea but it's live now. T90 can fire an ATGM.. I am sure things are under development to have such capability. I always support that one should focus on weapons than platform. A versatile platform that can engage enemy with variety of weapons is smart and cost effective.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
The alleged cctv footage pic has date of 9th June 2020 in the bottom, :notsure:And we captured Black Top on 29/30 Aug right ? Or am I reading it wrong.

ataru09

Country flag
If
Excalibur rounds were very similar idea but it's live now. T90 can fire an ATGM.. I am sure things are under development to have such capability. I always support that one should focus on weapons than platform. A versatile platform that can engage enemy with variety of weapons is smart and cost effective.
Excalibur rounds are meant for ground targets unless I am mistaken. ATGM is a guided missile. Hitting a missile mid flight using an artillery shell is a different ball game though.

Plus I can see a number of issues of why the development of a system would not be worth it though I will admit it is theoretically possible

Sanglamorre

Country flag
The alleged cctv footage pic has date of 9th June 2020 in the bottom, :notsure:And we captured Black Top on 29/30 Aug right ? Or am I reading it wrong.
You're reading right. It's an old pic. The Chinese said so as well. Some people got excited thinking it's current.

The real point of the post was that: the claims that IA broke and threw down PLA recon equipment matches with the fact that the PLA video of blacktop shows that indeed, they had those equipment in that location.

Mikel

Country flag
I think it's September 6, 2020 but it doesn't matter. Anyone can slap a ticker at the bottom. The picture seems to be a screengrab from a video. The picture was uploaded on the forum today. But the source video is old.

TheSaffron

Country flag
TOI has redacted the map from its story. If it was leaked deliberately, why did they censor it only now? OSA on the journalist and the top bosses of TOI. Now!

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I think it's September 6, 2020 but it doesn't matter. Anyone can slap a ticker at the bottom. The picture seems to be a screengrab from a video. The picture was uploaded on the forum today. But the source video is old.
Might be screenshot timing of the video.

LDev

Country flag
"Air Force acquisition czar Will Roper told reporters during the same briefing that one of the exercise’s big successes was the shoot-down by a novel hypervelocity projectile of one of the surrogate cruise missiles, played by BQM-167 target drones flying over White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. The small projectile, which can fly at Mach 5, was developed by the Navy and the Army, he said, and was launched from an Army M109 Paladin-based 155mm howitzer and a Navy deck gun during the demo."

ABMS Demo Proves AI chops for C2

Basically the US is looking for multiple networked sensors and shooters to defend against cruise missiles and what better way in a battlefield scenario than to use existing 155 MM howitzers to act as shooters. Takes the Excalibur projectile achievement to another level altogether.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
I think you may be incorrect on that.....we used to patrol till F8 not because Chinese allowed but LAC being around F8 as per India. Now they are blocking beyond F4 which is what the conflict was about after Galwan clashes....but actually they did 19 km intrusion in 2013 in depsang and since then IA patrolling routes have been running into Chinese intrusions on and off....this one is crucial as its close to DBO.
Indian patrols can only go beyond F4 on foot, whereas PLA has a road upto F4.. so they can stop our patrols upto F8/F6 any time..

sachincba

Country flag
I see it going two ways:
1. Chinese will not attack, not till we are prepared for it
2. They will attack with massive force in all forms to paralyze us and then they will withdraw quickly saying that their objective is achieved. In that case, India will have to respond fast and disproportionately, before things get a bit cold.

ataru09

Country flag
"Air Force acquisition czar Will Roper told reporters during the same briefing that one of the exercise’s big successes was the shoot-down by a novel hypervelocity projectile of one of the surrogate cruise missiles, played by BQM-167 target drones flying over White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. The small projectile, which can fly at Mach 5, was developed by the Navy and the Army, he said, and was launched from an Army M109 Paladin-based 155mm howitzer and a Navy deck gun during the demo."

ABMS Demo Proves AI chops for C2

Basically the US is looking for multiple networked sensors and shooters to defend against cruise missiles and what better way in a battlefield scenario than to use existing 155 MM howitzers to act as shooters. Takes the Excalibur projectile achievement to another level altogether.
Thank you. Interesting. Seems like cutting white bread with a jeweled knife. Seems more like a tech demonstrator than something that will be a production model. But who knows... Maybe this will be first step to using this for a ballistic missile defense.

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

I see it going two ways:
1. Chinese will not attack, not till we are prepared for it
2. They will attack with massive force in all forms to paralyze us and then they will withdraw quickly saying that their objective is achieved. In that case, India will have to respond fast and disproportionately, before things get a bit cold.
IA thinks this time is not a repeat of 1962 in which #2 you mentioned happened especially in eastern sector, why would China wait for us to prepare? To destroy our men and material?

sachincba

Country flag
IA thinks this time is not a repeat of 1962 in which #2 you mentioned happened especially in eastern sector, why would China wait for us to prepare? To destroy our men and material?
Exactly, they will attack wherever and whenever we are unprepared

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Excalibur rounds are meant for ground targets unless I am mistaken. ATGM is a guided missile. Hitting a missile mid flight using an artillery shell is a different ball game though.

Plus I can see a number of issues of why the development of a system would not be worth it though I will admit it is theoretically possible
If you can guide a round on ground you can very well use it to target in air too against an incoming missile or drone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles