India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

omaebakabaka

Exactly, they will attack wherever and whenever we are unprepared
I would be lying if it didn't cross my mind and probably others as they are definitively magnitude's more powerful than us in most ways but even super power's have lost battles when not picked properly. GOI and IA sound pretty confident and they probably secured some critical external partners help if China comes at us with overwhelming resources.....but thats just my guess based on our posture.

varun9509

Country flag
Exactly, they will attack wherever and whenever we are unprepared
They did, on Aug 29, May 15. Surprise factor is gone. Besides, its not like they are unpenetrable or something, our men have proved it!

Country flag
I would be lying if it didn't cross my mind and probably others as they are definitively magnitude's more powerful than us in most ways but even super power's have lost battles when not picked properly. GOI and IA sound pretty confident and they probably secured some critical external partners help if China comes at us with overwhelming resources.....but thats just my guess based on our posture.
what make you thing they were lacking this time??

omaebakabaka

If you can guide a round on ground you can very well use it to target in air too against an incoming missile or drone.
It's more efficient and feasible with emals guns rather than classic propellant and electro-mechanical based guidance.

sachincba

Country flag
Chanakya is proving so right. Chanakya had said that neighbouring countries can never be friends. They will try to take your land or resources whenever they are strong.

It has always been like this. Only idiots think that Hindi Chini bhai bhai is a possibility. The only option we have, is to break China in the long term. We can have wars, even if we loose some, doesn't matter if we achieve the goal of breaking China in next 20-30 years.

We lost in 1962, but had we not lost in 1962, we would never achieved what we achieved in 1971.

My point is, it doesn't matter strength or weakness, a war with China will be good in long term. It will also fuel our resources and thoughts to break China. Yes, keep gaining till Johnson line and let diplomats say that we want peace. But, the truth is- Only dead rest in peace.

Country flag
We have only seen tip of iceberg so far.....no big guns opened up. Lot more to go from both sides but so far we are on equal footing to tug it out.
they came well prepared and planned earth movers, laborers, diverting rivers ,body heat scanning drones etc. Big guns will not be easy to handle in this terrain. They had many strategic hilltops hard to believe they were not prepared to defend them.

omaebakabaka

they came well prepared and planned earth movers, laborers, diverting rivers . Big guns will not be easy to handle in this terrain. They had many strategic hilltops hard to believe they were not prepared to defend them.
I meant airforces, missile forces, big arty battles and so on....we have not seen that level of escalation from either side in any sector so far. May be its just me that prefers to wait a little bit before celebrating big. I am pleasantly happy with IA anf GOI so far.

sachincba

Country flag
Chanakya is proving so right. Chanakya had said that neighbouring countries can never be friends. They will try to take your land or resources whenever they are strong.

It has always been like this. Only idiots think that Hindi Chini bhai bhai is a possibility. The only option we have, is to break China in the long term. We can have wars, even if we loose some, doesn't matter if we achieve the goal of breaking China in next 20-30 years.

We lost in 1962, but had we not lost in 1962, we would never achieved what we achieved in 1971.

My point is, it doesn't matter strength or weakness, a war with China will be good in long term. It will also fuel our resources and thoughts to break China. Yes, keep gaining till Johnson line and let diplomats say that we want peace. But, the truth is- Only dead rest in peace.
And I would add, breaking China is not so difficult. It has authoritative form of government which have history of imploding. The world opinion is not in their favour. They bully around everyone. These things make a nation very very weak. If your soft power is gone, hard power will go sooner or later.

Like banning of Chinese apps is a massive blow to Chinese soft power. Just consider this- everyone in the world these days have in mind that Chinese app are for spying and not safe to use.
And consider the fact that most people think Chinese are responsible for Covid.
I would say China had never lost so much soft power as in 2020.

Country flag
I meant airforces, missile forces, big arty battles and so on....we have not seen that level of escalation from either side in any sector so far.
They will be matched no matter what they try to escalate too. Imo the higher ups in the PLA have little faith in their soldiers and commanders and at times I also think their weapons?

Sanglamorre

Country flag
I see it going two ways:
1. Chinese will not attack, not till we are prepared for it
2. They will attack with massive force in all forms to paralyze us and then they will withdraw quickly saying that their objective is achieved. In that case, India will have to respond fast and disproportionately, before things get a bit cold.
Or, they'll pull a 27th Feb like Pakis. Conduct an operation that seems daring on surface, but fails to do any damage that GoI can stir up emotions against.

Let's say, bombing DS-DBO Rd. They can claim IA is isolated and starving because they cut off roads, or bomb some sparsely held observation post that results in no deaths (learning from slave tricks to miss bombs), or I won't be surprised if they unloaded weapons on a deserted hill inside Indian Territory like in their propaganda video and call it a victory and that they actually let us off with a warning.

Their real action would be to incite riots like they did in US. But, they don't realise India is used to that unlike US. By the end of second day, rioters will be crying and end of one week entire neighborhoods would be cleaned of Peaceful people.

Another flashpoint they'll try is Nagaland via Naga accords. They'd be only too happy to get us to bomb Kohima again instead of PLA.

I fear the real attack, if any might come from Nagaland, not AP via uniformed militias and terrorists. I'm not going to call it a terrorist attack because the scale will be, if such an attack happens, quite high. Nothing like tanks or anything. Just lots of chinkies cosplaying as Nagas with rifles and atgms.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Chinese made weapon won't work for long that's for sure. But India really need to screw OFBs Babudom and start mass producing ammo of good grade.

Air power , Artillery Tanks Assault Rifles Medium and Heavy machine gun should be available in plenty with ammunition for us to give them a never ending nightmare. Right now in short term we may have 50-50 or so but if the war escalates they won't be able to survive against Indian soldiers on ground and in air or water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles