India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

omaebakabaka

Till my limited understanding , we can only project our dharmic values and principles from position of power. If our opponents in geopolitics are not ethical then what is the point of fighting righteously with them ?
I thought Bhagwan Krishan said something on similar lines.
"the one who understands them are as ferocious and gentle as necessary." --- does not contradict what you say as per situations. Just not very respectful to quote the way you did so casually in my opinion.

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Till my limited understanding , we can only project our dharmic values and principles from position of power. If our opponents in geopolitics are not ethical then what is the point of fighting righteously with them ?
I thought Bhagwan Krishan said something on similar lines.
intention should be "righteous" , you should be with Dharma.
If intentions are righteous, once can be as unrighteous as required to win. subtle inst it. Shri Krishna.

Mahabhrat main Krishna ne chaal bhi kia tha aur zoot bhi bola tha....

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
Really? Are you sure about it?

At present, the hypersonic race at the global level as well as its emergence in South Asia poses a serious threat to international and regional security. Currently, there is no credible anti-missile system or interceptor that could successfully detect and destroy hypersonic weapons.

Tridev123

Country flag
There is no scope of all-out war at this weird time of history and between two large countries like India and China.

India and China both are emerging economy and a challenge to the established world order dominated by USA and the West, These two countries going at the throat of each other will be a big blow to half the humanity.

However, China does not seem to be burdened with such considerations. Since their clear aim is to be the sole superpower of Asia, which is the axis of the earth and center of world resources, they can not afford to get destroyed in following that gaol by resorting to an all-out War.

That however does not mean there will be no war. The war will be limited, short, intense, swift and localized aimed at breaking the will of the enemy not to go any further and submit to the domination of China.

What has been clearly indicated so far by the events is that this conflict will be many front wars. The shot has been fired by Ram Madhav attending the funeral of the martyred Tibetan soldier, PLA abducting some ALP boys, Chinese amassing forces on the Bhutan Border and South of Pengang Tso, extra companies of SSB going to the Nepal border. This is going to be a multi-pronged attack on India. Indian capacities and resolve is going to be under severe pressures but if India is able to get through it, which seems sure, that is going to be an end of Chinese Asian hegemony and the rise of China as a world power having ramifications for the world order.
I am fully confident that we can stand our ground and even push back the PLA in a limited war. But war is unpredictable and if the Chinese lose ground and face won't there be a temptation to increase the scope of the conflict.

Do you feel a return to April 2020 positions is an acceptable solution for India. There are members here who insist on going on the offensive and expand our present boundaries irrespective of the consequences. They say an independent Tibet should be our objective. Is it militarily achievable in the present situation.

sachincba

Country flag
This is how India beats China. Chinese putting 10,000 troops at Depsang, 10,000 troops at Pangong Tso, etc. is great for posturing and trying to intimidate the enemy, but it's not how wars are won. If instead of concentrating on just the borders, India blows up the roads, bridges and other infrastructure deep within Tibet/Aksai Chin, it will cut off the Chinese supply lines. The locals in Tibet and Xinjiang can also eventually be supplied with weapons and explosives for a revolution. Use assymetrical warfare, so that Chinese soldiers are afraid to go outside their heated bunkers. Keep the pot boiling over years, and it's death by a thousand cuts. Meanwhile you also attack the Chinese government diplomatically over its abuses against Tibetans and Uyghurs, recognizing an independent Tibet and an independent Xinjiang; and attack China economically by banning all products made by Chinese companies.
Seems like a plan :)

sachincba

Country flag
I am fully confident that we can stand our ground and even push back the PLA in a limited war. But war is unpredictable and if the Chinese lose ground and face won't there be a temptation to increase the scope of the conflict.

Do you feel a return to April 2020 positions is an acceptable solution for India. There are members here who insist on going on the offensive and expand our present boundaries irrespective of the consequences. They say an independent Tibet should be our objective. Is it militarily achievable in the present situation.
I would say in case if war better we escalate the ladder first and dare Chinese rather than wait for Chinese. 29/30 activity is definitely in right direction.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Or we can do a feasibility study of converting Human body itself into a Ramjet by feeding him loads of chana, mooli and Kala Namak. :devil:
Only Sawhney can punch 6 holes in a can and ensure aerodynamic stability at Mach 6 and 2500 degree centigrade.. Saala abhi aerodynamics aur metallurgy ka bhi ustaad nikla.. Criticizing Indian military strength and technology is his USP.. the Chewt spews whatever incoherent crap that comes to his mind so as to stay true to that image..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles