India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade

Country flag
I hope GoI is thinking this through very well otherwise these kind of news will play in the public mind with the news of "but 5 of our citizens..."

I really see no point in publishing the news of returning Yaks and calves when we've done this innumerable times. What's the gamelan, can anyone guess?
I think this is to send the Chinese the message that we are active around all our borders, so no spies-disguised-as-civilians tricks will be tolerated, we know their Han tricks.

Like some fellows in earlier pages were saying some goon tells you "tere biwi bacche mere paas mehfuz hai", something like that.

Also it is to show your gora countries what totally decent and peaceful our forces are :^) , so when the chinese actually start a shooting war, it is assumed all these things might help to get their support

ofc the messaging is being screwed domestically, with RM Kadi Ninda being told off by that Ching chong minister in Moscow, to Jaishankar's conciliatory approach to the Chinese, to Ram Madhav now deleting the tweet where he had gone to the funeral of the martyred ITBP soldier, all these together are making the govt seem weak and cowardly to the domestic audience.

shade

Country flag

"counter measures" :rofl:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

"running away"
So the bat eaters tried to encroach upon yet another part of our land, and our patrolling troops fired warning shots at them.

At least this is what i understood.

This Chinese dialect called "bullshit" is very hard to translate for me

Hope this is actually some offensive or pre-emptive action from our side though, GobarTimes jhumlebaazi can't be trusted.

cereal killer

Country flag
So the bat eaters tried to encroach upon yet another part of our land, and our patrolling troops fired warning shots at them.

At least this is what i understood.

This Chinese dialect called "bullshit" is very hard to translate for me

Hope this is actually some offensive or pre-emptive action from our side though, GobarTimes jhumlebaazi can't be trusted.
That ain't global times... It has come from PLA western theater command.. They are likely painting us as aggressors. Maybe they tried something in Spanggur lake area. Jinping is already unhappy with PLA commanders so they might be under pressure to act.

Bhadra

Country flag
I am fully confident that we can stand our ground and even push back the PLA in a limited war. But war is unpredictable and if the Chinese lose ground and face won't there be a temptation to increase the scope of the conflict.
Wars and conflict are political acts of the belligerents, Wars and Conflicts can be controlled if those are being waged on rational political objectives after consideration of cost benefit analysis. .The Environment has other players too that get effected and their intervention may also be controlling factors. I only hope both India and China are rational enough to fix the boundaries and extent of their conflicts.

Do you feel a return to April 2020 positions is an acceptable solution for India.
Let us look at it this way. If the state of affairs was acceptable to India before 01 Apr 2020 then its restoration should be sufficient. In the present case China is aiming to change the status quo and India is in favour that status quo is not changed. at the end of the confrontation and conflict whichever side has gained would like new position to be agreed on. There would be some give and take but all depend on who gains an upper hand.

One thing is certain that Indian Army's is not going to budge from their new position unless a substantial advantage accrues to India in any negotiated settlement. Defences on Razengla - Gurung Hill - Magar Hill was also a position taken up by the then Western Command of Indian Army prior to 1962 as that civilian bureaucrat Bhola Nath Malik playing the General had left no other option to Indian Army having lost all territories East of Kongkhala - Khurnak For- Rudok by his withdrawing CRPF actions.

The bug that bit Nehru and his bureaucrats again bit our MEA Babus and we again reverted back to ITBP .... what more could the Chinese have asked for. Here we are again where we all started from.

To put it bluntly- what else is the option available? The only other option available is to march still further,

There are members here who insist on going on the offensive and expand our present boundaries irrespective of the consequences.
There can never be an option irrespective of consequences. Indian Army will do everything to achieve the given objective to attain the given and stated political aims.

What should be Indian political aim at this moment has been stated by the PM and the RM - Bharat ki ek inch Jamin par Kabja Nahin hone denge... so whatever Indian territory is under the occupation of China post 01 Apr 2020 , Indian Army will launch an operation to get it freed. There are many military methods to do it as is becoming evident from Indian Forces actions as those unfold.

Here a very pertinent question may be - which and what is Indian territory? Well, that has been also defined. Whatever was The patrolling limits of Indian Forces as on 01 Apr 2020 is Indian territory.

On 01 Apr 2020 the Indian Forces limit of the patrol was Finger 4, Gogra, PP14 etc and not what Shukla or Panag would like us to believe. I do not know where they were before 01 Apr 2020? What Modi has bequeathed from 74 years of Congress dalals is what he can talk about. The rest must be asked from Congress, MEA and CSG.

What Amit Shah said in Parliament is also an objective no doubt. But India is at liberty to decide the when how and what of that. He did mention it will be done in 2020.

They say an independent Tibet should be our objective. Is it militarily achievable in the present situation?
Indian leaders in the past be it Nehru, Narsimha Rao, Rajiv Gandhi, Atal Vihari Bajpai have accepted Chinese suzerainty over Tibet. But if the Chinese violate the basic Panchsheel agreement, which they have, there is no harm in attempting a free Tibet. But that necessarily does not have to involve military option.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Indian soldiers defending their own territory is "aggression" to them.
Their decision to wage war on us is their own, if they have set their minds to it no appeasement on our end will stop them.
appeasement is not for china's consumption, it is for rest of the world's consumption.
Our message is "We tried our level best".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles