India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
China wants an exit plan,but the chinks cannot simply move out now that most of the world that matters has keen eyes on it,IA is willing to wait & watch & reinforce vulnerable areas,in the winter's IA might again reinforce some more areas kind of like Op Meghdoot redo,from what I gather most of our M777 & some of dhanush will get delivered in start of 2021,you know M777,spike LR,T90s & SFs ,chinks are having second thoughts about this ,only edge they have is in SRBMs that can be filled in coming years with Pranash & Pralay but it is taking an awful lot of time to induct a battlefield tactical missile by IA we have had prahaar & shaurya but were not ordered,you need to have atleast 500 SRBMs against Chinks for a deterrent ,BrahMos isn't the silver bullet

another_armchair

Country flag
A couple of Mahindra Thars/ADVs would take care of most of the heavy lifting.
If this is psyops from the Govt, then its fine. Else we can crowd fund new/used Thars/ADVs and make their job a little easier.

If Tibetans are being showcased as the tip of the spear then action in Tibet cannot be ruled out at all.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Wonder how IA will sustain during winter.....helos? drones?mules?
Drones have limited capacity at best they'll drop parleg and milk packets.

Helis etc will be used. From my experience it's hard to survive there specially during night what those guys do is simply amazing.

I had a swollen Nose due to cold and I made promise that I'll be better and healthier in next trip .

Never went again. 😂😂😂😂 And here I am war mongering.

Tridev123

Country flag
We should have plans to free the whole of Tibet and secure the Kailash Mansarovar
area. I doubt whether any war gaming has been done for war in Tibet to oust the PLA. What resources will be required, how to go about it etc should be laid out clear.

Such an action plan is not a pipe dream. If central authority in mainland China breaks down or there is a serious insurrection against the Chinese Communist Party then the PLA will be more involved in maintaining internal order in the Chinese heartland rather than worry too much about border regions like Tibet and Xinjiang. That is the time for us to assist the Tibetans in restarting their freedom struggle. This scenario might just be possible in the future. We should be ready to take action.

another_armchair

Country flag
Drones have limited capacity at best they'll drop parleg and milk packets.

Helis etc will be used. From my experience it's hard to survive there specially during night what those guys do is simply amazing.

I had a swollen Nose due to cold and I made promise that I'll be better and healthier in next trip .

Never went again. 😂😂😂😂 And here I am war mongering.
Testicles freeze even with thermal underwear on and the pecker shrinks into a black hole of its own.
Depression sets in.

All that snow looks good only on TV. Wait for the sun to go down and its HFO.

By day 5, people simply want to gtfo of there.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
We should have plans to free the whole of Tibet and secure the Kailash Mansarovar
area. I doubt whether any war gaming has been done for war in Tibet to oust the PLA. What resources will be required, how to go about it etc should be laid out clear.

Such an action plan is not a pipe dream. If central authority in mainland China breaks down or there is a serious insurrection against the Chinese Communist Party then the PLA will be more involved in maintaining internal order in the Chinese heartland rather than worry too much about border regions like Tibet and Xinjiang. That is the time for us to assist the Tibetans in restarting their freedom struggle. This scenario might just be possible in the future. We should be ready to take action.
When we had the chance to arm them with AKs we backed out it's too late for that. Dalai Lama will need to address it personally, if there is any chance but truth is he has lost all hope himself.

Vande1947

Country flag
No one is better than Modi in the current context.
Modi like - Amit Shah (only the intelligence part, charisma is missing, won't draw the masses, is always the man behind the scene and extremely competent at that)
Intelligence comparable to Modi - Only Late Shri Arun Jaitley had that kind of intelligence.

A possible replacement for Modi in any contingency is Rajnath Singh. Sure, he lost the LS2009. But he completely redeemed himself in 2014. Rajnath has always been the calm type, and a kisan neta. Beloved of the masses in UP. He has also been the Chief Minister of UP, and Union Minister of very important portfolios as we know. He has met many world leaders. I would like to believe he shares a good rapport with a number of them. Apart from dishing out Kadi Ninda and Muh-tor Jawab kind of statements, he executes those Jawabs with amazing efficiency. What India is today, is not only the credit of Modi. But the result of countless sleepless nights of people like Doval and Rajnath and Shah, who are firmly behind him.
Furthermore, he has strong Sangh backgrounds and is a more centrist leader than Modi. Even the liberals have no complains about Rajnath. His rapport with Congress is good at best and neutral at worst. The only thing that may go against him is his age, he is a bit old. In Indian polity though, that is not at all a big disadvantage. Another factor going for him is that he alongwith Sushma Swaraj, Naqvi, Javdekar were mentored by Lalkrishna Advani. Rajnath is with BJP since his inception. What we might say - Core Saffron!
So if we are facing a situation where a replacement of Modi is required, my vote would be for Rajnath, hands down.
have a feeling that yogi will jump the queue🤔

Vande1947

Country flag
Amit Shah should always be backend man, thr is no one who can replace him he is the engine who propels BJP machinery ...
In case I have to chose Modi replacement by 2029 .. Answer is Smriti Irani she is intelligent good public speaker and has great image u dont defeat gandoo parivar in Amethi if u cant connect with ppl.

Amit Shah needs to keep his selfless service to Irani same as Modi,
currently Modi has no replacement he has pan India appeal larger than any leader in Republic of India history ...

Modi can charge Hindu masses a one billion strong in India and abroad to literally march to any cause with a simple 15 min speech...

There was no leader in history to have 1 Billion followers literally no one... if popular votes are the criteria Modi will win Earth political President election with ease

I think Irani should be groomed for 2029... Modi‘s work alcoholism is making him age he needs to stop micro managing few ministries... 2024 he is needed as PM the challenges for India is only rising what we are seeing is 0.5 front launched at home by cons and its terrorist allies and 2 fronts launched by chin and pork.
seems counter intuitive for amit shah to give way to smriti irani. shah knows where all the bodies are buried!! plus, she does not seem to have mass support.

Tridev123

Country flag
One outcome of this conflict is likely to be the mountain strike corp of the IA being sanctioned to full strength and raised in full .We need at least two full fledged mountain strike corps infact. Split into IBGs no doubt. But funds are a big problem. From now on any Chinese mischief should be met with an immediate incursion into Chinese territory.
Two mountain strike corps should be the minimum available for deterrence against the Chinese. I think the country can afford it as economists are predicting an return to plus 8% growth in a couple of years.
We have three strike corps against a weaker Pakistan.

Our artillery will play a crucial role in the offensive plans. We should be having hundreds of pieces of ATAGS with extra long range in a few years. Kalyani and the Tatas will succeed in ramping up production unlike our partly comatose OFB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles