India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Country flag
Sorry but type 15 is for only supportive role not an tank versus tank batte role.
Chinkies are hyping that tank to moon on their forums, saying Indian T-72 may not be too effective. I guess buying Sprut tank is a good idea but don't know how much & how many are gonna be delivered & in what time frame.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Chinkies are hyping that tank to moon on their forums, saying Indian T-72 may not be too effective. I guess buying Sprut tank is a good idea but don't know how much & how many are gonna be delivered & in what time frame.
Remember the early phases of the Operatione's Badr's after crossing the suez canal's, the EA's blasetted the isreali armour's with the USSR's wired guided missile's easily's.

Abhay Rajput 02

It's quite a bad idea to be honest. If we really need to buy something then we should by 1000hp/1500hp engine. And lots of guided atgm . Valley's in Ladakh are going to be suicide grounds for tanks if it doesn't had good mobility .

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's quite a bad idea to be honest. If we really need to buy something then we should by 1000hp/1500hp engine. And lots of guided atgm . Valley's in Ladakh are going to be suicide grounds for tanks if it doesn't had good mobility .
That I said in my previous post's with an tank launched ATGM's, but the mobility issues of heavy armour's is still there's.

Bhadra

Country flag
Sorry but type 15 is for only supportive role not an tank versus tank batte role.
It is 36 ton tank and as good as medium tank.. what what do you mean by supportive role when T-72 would be waiting for them on the objectives...

Tanks in support mean ether tank leading Infantry assaults on the objective or tanks giving fire support from fire base called shooting in Infantry . In an environment when even three tank could be on the objective the former task is ruled out..

India needs just adequate armour as the deciding element is going to be the infantry from both the sides.. The best way to kill ZTQ -15 is a medium tank like T-72.

cereal killer

Country flag
Remember the early phases of the Operatione's Badr's after crossing the suez canal's, the EA's blasetted the isreali armour's with the USSR's wired guided missile's easily's.
Was that Scud missiles? I guess Syria & Iraq still have lots of them.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It is 36 ton tank and as good as medium tank.. what what do you mean by supportive role when T-72 would be waiting for them on the objectives...

Tanks in support mean ether tank leading Infantry assaults on the objective or tanks giving fire support from fire base called shooting in Infantry . In an environment when even three tank could be on the objective the former task is ruled out..

India needs just adequate armour as the deciding element is going to be the infantry from both the sides.. The best way to kill ZTQ -15 is a medium tank like T-72.
What I mean they are not going to directly engage Indians tank, that would be suicide for the Type 15's.

cereal killer

Country flag
That's actually a myth that tanks cannot be effective in Ladakh it depends upon location. However I agree a 1000hp engine is highly desirable here but atm we may be buying Sprut tanks to match Chinese here. It is quite easily maneuverable tbh. Besides there are not a lot of options when it comes to light tanks not a lot of countries produce them these days.

Abhay Rajput 02

So, he finally CONFIRMED 47 fatal on chinese side,
previously he was going on that 47 are casualties including both injured and killed citing VK singh ambiguity in that video.

He also says that the number might be even higher.
I think he wasn't sure untill he tweeted . moreover that's not accurate , it more than 47 actually. I would say 60/65. Some 30/35 were KIA by army . Rest were due to landslide caused by bulldozer most probably. It was quite brutal fight from what I heard . Those 10 soldiers who were caught when they were chasing few Chinese soldiers had a quite interesting story to share. Luckily we also nabbed there Colonel - that's how we got our soldiers back . But the reason why they keep them for 3 days was that they were excepting a war after that. Also there might be some gunshot fired from Chinese . I am not sure about that . It's just a rumour at this point

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
No modern helmets can definitely stop ak47 steel core bullet's. There is a video on YouTube of American soldier getting sniped in the helmet with no injury to the soldier . Here
Largely depends upon the angle of Impact and Distance of engagement.
The sniper was pretty far off and later on it was found out that the Bullet had grazed of from the helmets top.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
So news coming is that few Chinese Pakis are killed in a border skirmish at Pak-Afgan border.

So latest summary of last 1 month in Indian Subcontinent:-
  • Chini lost 40-100 soldiers and backed off being humiliated by IA
  • India beefing up Security Infra
  • Chinese Nepali PM Oli facing heat in his own turf with corruption charges and honey trap news
  • Pak-Afgan border getting hot
  • BLA Freedom fighters in action, PSX attacked and then 20 Chinese Paki soldiers butchered :balochisan:
Things are becoming interesting...seems like someone is taking my posts serious! :spy: :spy: :spy:

Chinese Pakistan and Chinese Oli are being fed Golgappa's. :lol:

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Largely depends upon the angle of Impact and Distance of engagement.
The sniper was pretty far off and later on it was found out that the Bullet had grazed of from the helmets top.

Now Most Talibani sniper don't use armour piercing rounds or larger caliber otherwise we would be seeming more injury from US troops.

Things change drastically in close combat.
5.56 will pierce any helmet in 100m range except patka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles