India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal killer

Country flag
Can anybody tell how many Sprut light tanks are we buying from Russia? Are they gonna be delivered quickly or not?

Knowitall

Isn't modern helmets designed to stop sharpnels not bullets, if you get a direct hit on helmet you would be knockdown either way with a concussion
Yea mostly you have trauma pads inserted within the helmet to lower the blow but mku has nothing of this as I said its just a stop gap measure until we get something better.

Abhay Rajput 02

Isn't modern helmets designed to stop sharpnels not bullets, if you get a direct hit on helmet you would be knockdown either way with a concussion
No modern helmets can definitely stop ak47 steel core bullet's. There is a video on YouTube of American soldier getting sniped in the helmet with no injury to the soldier . Here

Synergy

Country flag
Can anybody tell how many Sprut light tanks are we buying from Russia? Are they gonna be delivered quickly or not?
somebody please shed some light, is this light tank really that much necessary atm when we have no experience of handling a TD and we are not trained for modern light tank doctrine.
moreover, as light tanks rely upon mobility, will that area allow us to use it effectively?

in 1947 we used light tanks in high alt where our adversaries don't have any tank. so it was effective.
now how much Chinese light tanks will be effective in Ladakh when we have T90/T72 s dugged in backed by dense mpatgm environment?

sorry for these lame questions.

Bhadra

Country flag
clarified butter and sugar in your mouth
तुम्हारे मुँह में घी शक्कर
ನಿಮ್ಮ ಬಾಯಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ತುಪ್ಪ ಸಕ್ಕರೆ
உங்கள் வாயில் நெய் சர்க்கரை
మీ నోటిలో నెయ్యి చక్కెర
તમારા મોં માં ઘી ખાંડ
നിങ്ങളുടെ വായിൽ നെയ്യ് പഞ്ചസാര
ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਮੂੰਹ ਵਿੱਚ ਘਿਓ ਚੀਨੀ
Tumareh muh mein ghee shakkar

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

finally, someone just woke up and came out from the dreams of deescalation. some one finally realized the truth and inevitability.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

big round of applause to Mr. @tarunraju

i will give time till around independence day for the steam to build up (both winter and usa election will be near by then).

at ladakh, china made the biggest blunder of the world in this century.

fighters stationed at sulur AFS is much better options then de-mothballing 27's...
i think Flying Daggers should be bestowed a chance to baptize their birds with Chinese blood.

:cruisin2::cruisin2:
Ruk Jao Bhai Logo..
Monsson is at peak and Himalayn Roads are not in best conditions... Indian needs a regular stream of convoys to run to support operations...

Wait for ten days for reasons what @tarunraju mentioned/

cereal killer

Country flag
somebody please shed some light, is this light tank really that much necessary atm when we have no experience of handling a TD and we are not trained for modern light tank doctrine.
moreover, as light tanks rely upon mobility, will that area allow us to use it effectively?

in 1947 we used light tanks in high alt where our adversaries don't have any tank. so it was effective.
now how much Chinese light tanks will be effective in Ladakh when we have T90/T72 s dugged in backed by dense mpatgm environment?

Light tanks are highly effective in mountain warfare in specific area like Depsang & Demchok. I heard GD Bakshi claimed few days ago that Chinese mechanized infantry is in large numbers in Depsang area so I guess they are having their own Type 15 light tank out there. Also I was reading a article of a Indian general who said India could launch an offensive through Demchok to threaten G219 highway & effectively cutting of Aksai Chin from Tibet in case of a conflict.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Light tanks are highly effective in mountain warfare in specific area like Depsang & Demchok. I heard GD Bakshi claimed few days ago that Chinese mechanized infantry is in large numbers in Depsang area so I guess they are having their own Type 15 light tank out there. Also I was reading a article of a Indian general who said India could launch an offensive through Demchok to threaten G219 highway & effectively cutting of Aksai Chin from Tibet in case of a conflict.
Sorry but type 15 is for only supportive role not an tank versus tank batte role.

Abhay Rajput 02

We're still behind by a decade.
Indeed but again army had plenty of chances. @Bhadra sir IAF and army tussle over attack helicopter was quite bad. I recently came to know that army jealously order 6 Apache which cost us nearly 900 million dollars. It would have been nicer if army would have spent that money on guns /BPJ/Helmets /artillery. To be honest I find IAF wrong in this one's. Attack helicopters should always be with army rather than IAF.

Bhadra

Country flag

The problems of tank sin Ladakh has come to fore most probably due to capacity of engines of T-72 which will function at maximum 65% of its capacity.
T-72 are are 780 hp engine. So the effective power it will generate is abot 550 hp . Threfore as against Chinese ZTQ- 15 (t-15) with 1000hp engine it may be less mobile and agile.
That is my guess and estimation only rarther than based on any fact.

But this is sheer negelect by IA who should have considered existence of ZTQ-15 and taken maesures to istall turbochargers and suprchargers on T-72 engines to optimise the engine output.
The foramtion and the DGMF at Army HQ bith should have seen that aspect. This is not a time for shouts about the time. Let Indian Mechanized forces repeat op Parakram.

If Defensive role T-72 is far better than ZTQ -15. In the situation is so emergent let them put a 1200 -1400 engine of mothballed vijayant and make those runners or induct Vijayant regts there...

All other light tanks specially the BMD mounted gun Russian Sprut is a joke . Out BMP-2 mounted 105mm would be far better than that...

It is better to induct the Missile Regt to Ladakh rather provided they have missiles than importing tanks at this juncture.

Moreover all Infantry battalions must function on standard WE with eight missile launchers.... make a meal of Chinese tanks in Ladakh.

Knowitall

The problems of tank sin Ladakh has come to fore most probably due to capacity of engines of T-72 which will function at maximum 65% of its capacity.
T-72 are are 780 hp engine. So the effective power it will generate is abot 550 hp . Threfore as against Chinese ZTQ- 15 (t-15) with 1000hp engine it may be less mobile and agile.

But this is sheer negelect by IA who should have considered existence of ZTQ-15 and taken maesures to istall turbochargers and suprchargers on T-72 engines to optimise the engine output.
The foramtion and the DGMF at Army HQ bith should have seen that aspect. This is not a time for shouts about the time. Let Indian Mechanized forces repeat op Parakram.

If Defensive role T-72 is far better than ZTQ -15. In the situation is so emergent let them put a 1200 -1400 engine of mothballed vijayant and make those runners or induct Vijayant regts there...

All other light tanks specially the BMD mounted gun Russian Sprut is a joke . Out BMP-2 mounted 105mm would be far better than that...

It is better to induct the Missile Regt to Ladakh rather provided they have missiles than importing tanks at this juncture.

Moreover all Infantry battalions must function on standard WE with eight missile launchers.... make a meal of Chinese tanks in Ladakh.
If I remember correctly t-72s in the ladakh region do have supercharger's.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Same thought a missile Regiment's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles