India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy

Country flag
From BRF. The guy is/was a senior diplomat in Indian government (He once gave a hint)

View attachment 53206
yesterday I tried to point out this scenario.

in principle, negotiations mean, both sides have to take one step backwards. so what's the point of it when China has already advanced 3 steps?

either we are killing time and waiting for winter, or we are making a huge mistake by giving them time to acclaimatize and dig in.

garg_bharat

Country flag
yesterday I tried to point out this scenario.

in principle, negotiations mean, both sides have to take one step backwards. so what's the point of it when China has already advanced 3 steps?

either we are killing time and waiting for winter, or we are making a huge mistake by giving them time to acclaimatize and dig in.
Looks like you have a direct link to negotiations.
Stop guessing.

garg_bharat

Country flag
There seems to be a lot of unverified news floating around.

People are quick to latch on to any bit of news even if it is totally unverified.

It is important to check any news from multiple sources before posting.

garg_bharat

Country flag

After repudiating China's claim to the South China Sea, ending an Obama-era policy of indifference that critics slammed as tantamount to appeasement, and moving to strip Hong Kong of its special status (while punishing CCP officials responsible for enforcing the new HK national security law), the Trump Administration unleashed its latest rhetorical assault on the Communist Party and its monstrous human rights abuses.

As the Trump Administration weighs a travel ban on CCP officials, AG Bill Barr delivered a speech warning about the complicity of Silicon Valley and Hollywood in helping to perpetuate the CCP's growing influence over American culture.

Criticizing China for resisting political liberalization that Americans once believed would eventually follow along with the economic liberalization agenda, Beijing is now embarking on a mission to elevate itself as a locus of geopolitical power to rival the US.

Barr complained that Hollywood has become too willing to kowtow to Beijing, censoring not just versions of movies that are shown in China, but also those that are released in the US.

Synergy

Country flag
Looks like you have a direct link to negotiations.
Stop guessing.
what have I guessed? it's not guessing, it's trying to analyse.
and to analyse any situation, I don't think anybody needs any direct link. sorry.

different point of view doesn't mean it deserves a personal attack in rebuttal. ;)

anyways...

Last edited:

Bhadra

Country flag
Can Substitute With SPIKE ER or ER II for Meanwhile
That Doesn't Stop it From induction
Also With Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System or APKWS you can Increase Accuracy And Range Of Hydra-70 and add guided capabilities

Only if DRDO does not pose spoke in Service HQ attempts to do it..

Their NAG project is failing in user trail as the missile refused to hit targets as desired . DRDO has not been able to come out with a good seeker/ They are hellbent on IIR technology that will be a failure in fog. mist and whiteout conditions of Ladakh.. They can not surpass LOBL barriers to come to LOAL standards. ..

garg_bharat

Country flag
what have I guessed? it's not guessing, it's trying to analyse.
and to analyse any situation, I don't think anybody needs any direct link. sorry.

different point of view doesn't mean it deserves a personal attack in rebuttal. ;)

anyways...
Anybody who is smarter than Army/GOI should go to Ladakh and fight. This armchair analysis is meaningless.

The effort to de-escalate is happening along with a massive amount of international diplomacy.

Most people are blind to implications of a largescale India-China war. First of all both are nuclear armed States.

Nobody knows where such a conflict will lead.

If other guy has gone mad, does not mean you have to go mad too.

Sehwag213

Country flag
Anybody who is smarter than Army/GOI should go to Ladakh and fight. This armchair analysis is meaningless.

The effort to de-escalate is happening along with a massive amount of international diplomacy.

Most people are blind to implications of a largescale India-China war. First of all both are nuclear armed States.

However fight is inevitable. We can delay it as much as we want . And next time when PLA comes to LAC, we are not sure US aircraft carrier would be there in SCS.

garg_bharat

Country flag
However fight is inevitable. We can delay it as much as we want . And next time when PLA comes to LAC, we are not sure US aircraft carrier would be there in SCS.
It is not inevitable. It can be avoided.
PLA coming to LAC itself is not reason enough.
A counter deployment has been made by Indian forces and there is constant intelligence gathering.

China can still back off. It did back off in Doklam.

The thing is that India should go into the fight with full knowledge what it entails.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
Raksha Mantri arrived in Leh
Then I guess @utubekhiladi will finally get the action he wants. I expect something to happen in the next 10 days, because after that a few things will change:

1. Meteor-tipped Rafales
2. At least 9 mothballed MiG-27 are rumored to be re-commissioned (by cannibalizing parts)
3. Many more key emergency procurements will be delivered
4. US Navy is planning something big against PLAN, and Xi would want to bare his fangs before then
5. PLAGF is desparately looking for an "honorable" way out of its Ladakh pickle, and anything short of a "victory" will mean terrible PR.
6. Likewise, Modi knows that any territorial loss will destroy the BJP, and he's had a track record of taking action whenever his political outlook is threatened.

garg_bharat

Country flag
It is important that political setup understands the concerns and needs of the soldier and is ready to provide for the soldier.

Immediate needs like helmets, BPJ, proper clothing and boots, night vision devices, anti tank and bunker busting missiles are critical.

I think India will need drones in large numbers, specially suicide drones. India needs to put local factories in high gear to make such drones.

IndiaRising

Country flag
Then I guess @utubekhiladi will finally get the action he wants. I expect something to happen in the next 10 days, because after that a few things will change:

1. Meteor-tipped Rafales
2. At least 9 mothballed MiG-27 are rumored to be re-commissioned (by cannibalizing parts)
3. Many more key emergency procurements will be delivered
4. US Navy is planning something big against PLAN, and Xi would want to bare his fangs before then
5. PLAGF is desparately looking for an "honorable" way out of its Ladakh pickle, and anything short of a "victory" will mean terrible PR.
6. Likewise, Modi knows that any territorial loss will destroy the BJP, and he's had a track record of taking action whenever his political outlook is threatened.
rafales will take time before being operationalized. Idk about the mig 27. Haven’t heard anything

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag

1. Meteor-tipped Rafales
3. US Navy is planning something big against PLAN, and Xi would want to bare his fangs before then
4. PLAGF is desparately looking for an "honorable" way out of its Ladakh pickle, and anything short of a "victory" will mean terrible PR.
5. Likewise, Modi knows that any territorial loss will destroy the BJP, and he's had a track record of taking action whenever his political outlook is threatened.
clarified butter and sugar in your mouth
तुम्हारे मुँह में घी शक्कर
ನಿಮ್ಮ ಬಾಯಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ತುಪ್ಪ ಸಕ್ಕರೆ
உங்கள் வாயில் நெய் சர்க்கரை
మీ నోటిలో నెయ్యి చక్కెర
તમારા મોં માં ઘી ખાંડ
നിങ്ങളുടെ വായിൽ നെയ്യ് പഞ്ചസാര
ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਮੂੰਹ ਵਿੱਚ ਘਿਓ ਚੀਨੀ
Tumareh muh mein ghee shakkar

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

finally, someone just woke up and came out from the dreams of deescalation. some one finally realized the truth and inevitability.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

big round of applause to Mr. @tarunraju

i will give time till around independence day for the steam to build up (both winter and usa election will be near by then).

at ladakh, china made the biggest blunder of the world in this century.

fighters stationed at sulur AFS is much better options then de-mothballing 27's...
i think Flying Daggers should be bestowed a chance to baptize their birds with Chinese blood.

:cruisin2::cruisin2:

Synergy

Country flag

again you are missing the point.

firstly, though not smart enough, but I will gladly go to Ladakh if you arrange me the permission untill the recruitment drive opens.

I've tried to analyse the matter and posted two points according to me. if you have any objection you can gladly add any other view.
but that also doesn't warrent personal attacks. ;)

here we all are doing nothing but armchair analysis including you.

I have full faith in our govt and Army. but as I belong to a democracy, if I try to analyse the matter, that's not a sin or illegal, afaik.

I'm not concluding anything, rather trying to understand the grave situation.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
again you are missing the point.

firstly, though not smart enough, I will gladly go to Ladakh if you arrange me the permission untill the recruitment drive opens.

I've tried to analyse the matter and posted two points according to me. if you have any objection you can gladly add any other view.
but that also doesn't warrent personal attacks. ;)

here we all are doing nothing but armchair analysis including you.

I have full faith in our govt and Army. but as I belong to a democracy, if I try to analyse the matter, that's not a sin or illegal, afaik.

I'm not concluding anything, rather trying to understand the grave situation.
bro, i agree.. we are all doing the same.. we all should put the below badge in our dp

1594957389641.png

:pound: :pound: pun intended. i even updated my dp after reading your post sir ji

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles