India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowitall

The Quad already is a quasi-military alliance. I'm honestly baffled some people don't realize it yet.

Typical diplomatic verbal pussyfooting is irrelevant. What do you think it is when militaries start exercising together in a particular context, focus on improving cooperation/interoperability along w/ intel sharing, and sign countless logistics/base sharing agreements; all while launching a collaborative effort to decouple economies w/ China and wean away as much of their local production as possible?

Also, it would be beyond idiotic for India *not to* seize the opportunity if China is embroiled in a military conflict with other countries - that's India's best chance to beat the Chinese and grab back some territory/strike a permanent settlement.

Until and unless a pact is signed such agreements are null and void and can change over time.

A pact is what binds countries and makes their intentions clear.

Until and unless it is officially signed we must no make the mistake of thinking so.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Until and unless a pact is signed such agreements are null and void and can change over time.

A pact is what binds countries and makes their intentions clear.

Until and unless it is officially signed we must no make the mistake of thinking so.
Who said India should bank exclusively on being bailed out by Quad? Be capable of fending off all threats alone; but that doesn't change the fact that the Quad is absolutely shaping up to be a military group; and that (at the very least) there will be plenty of passive assistance from them in the event of a war with China.

Nor does arguing over the specifics of how much military assistance we'll receive - change all the other aspects/benefits of Quad which are already present.

Kumata

well.. IL make no sense when Airbus is offering A 330 there... Might be logistics but IL is a outdated platform...while 330 is a modern platform with no issues of spares in near future..it's french afterall!!!!!!!!!1

Knowitall

Who said India should bank exclusively on being bailed out by Quad? Be capable of fending off all threats alone; but that doesn't change the fact that the Quad is absolutely shaping up to be a military group; and that (at the very least) there will be plenty of passive assistance from them in the event of a war with China.

Nor does arguing over the specifics of how much military assistance we'll receive - change all the other aspects/benefits of Quad which are already present.
no where I have said we need to depend on them I have also no where stated that it's not shaping up to be.

All I'm pointing out is that until and unless we sign such an agreement we must refrain from calling it a military alliance.

Passive help is expected as we have signed intelligence sharing pact etc.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
no where I have said we need to depend on them I have also no where stated that it's not shaping up to be.

All I'm pointing out is that until and unless we sign such an agreement we must refrain from calling it a military alliance.

Passive help is expected as we have signed intelligence sharing pact etc.
Semantics arguments are a waste of time.

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Calling a informal alliance a military alliance is a waste of time.
If you go back and actually read - I had never even called it one (though it essentially is, and will continue to develop in that direction) - my comment simply said "Quad Plans"; at which point you jumped in to rant about how it's not a military alliance (which wasn't even actually relevant to my point anyways).

vampyrbladez

Country flag
No it is not.

We hold military exercises even with russia and china.

We have logistical agreements with a lot of countries US france and are almost done with russia too.

All these are mutually exclusive things.

A military alliance is an agreement where nations sign an agreement to help each other against a certain enemy.

Until and unless an agreement like this is in place one cannot call it a military alliance.
Logistical agreements and military exercises are the basis of a military alliance. The only thing missing is a mutual non aggression pact. Add in technology sharing and this is apparent.

Consider this quad to be like a civil partnership scenario, more than a live in and less than a marriage.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
well.. IL make no sense when Airbus is offering A 330 there... Might be logistics but IL is a outdated platform...while 330 is a modern platform with no issues of spares in near future..it's french afterall!!!!!!!!!1
"strategic autonomy".

We're obviously paying the Russians hafta for something.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
So if abe does resign and this new guys comes are our ties with them affected at all?
Why do you think Modi is going next month in the middle of a war like tension and a pandemic to Japan?

BTW going by his personality profile, this new guy is going to be a populist - hyper militarist - red blooded conservative.

Think Japanese Yogi.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Why do you think Modi is going next month in the middle of a war like tension and a pandemic to Japan?

BTW going by his personality profile, this new guy is going to be a populist - hyper militarist - red blooded conservative.

Think Japanese Yogi.
Ironic, considering the most right wing party in Japan is called Liberal Democratic Party lmao.

BangaliBabu

Country flag
This was MOU all about.
then that means Sonia Gandhi even went against her own in-laws' family ethos. I can understand seeing the death of his husband and mother-in-law, she had a sense of vengeance that their deaths were somehow linked to the very people they tried to protect, for eg, Dalai Lama (the Chinese interference in Congress affairs), Bhindrawale (he was requested personally not to siege Golden Temple) and LTTE (RG killed by the very people and society he intended to fight for).

But it's completely unacceptable.

Knowitall

Ironic, considering the most right wing party in Japan is called Liberal Democratic Party lmao.
This is just to sound good in the western world.

Abe himself is a far right guy infact his own grandfather was once the head of the industrial ministry of the Manchukuo government and was charged with multiple war crimes during ww2.

Japan has remained a one party system for a long time with a little change in 2012 period.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
then that means Sonia Gandhi even went against her own in-laws' family ethos. I can understand seeing the death of his husband and mother-in-law, she had a sense of vengeance that their deaths were somehow linked to the very people they tried to protect, for eg, Dalai Lama (the Chinese interference in Congress affairs), Bhindrawale (he was requested personally not to siege Golden Temple) and LTTE (RG killed by the very people and society he intended to fight for).

But it's completely unacceptable.
It's nothing that fancy. Antonio Maino is a mleccha outsider with no respect for Hindu culture and tradition. What kind of depraved Indian tries to sell out refugee Tibetans?

Even the nastiest congressi fucks won't do this.

P.S.: as always, CPIM is exempt from my statements. They can sink to any and all depravity.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
This is just to sound good in the western world.

Abe himself is a far right guy infact his own grandfather was once the head of the industrial ministry of the Manchukuo government and was charged with multiple war crimes during ww2.

Japan has remained a one party system for a long time with a little change in 2012 period.
GoI is acting very rapidly to cement ties during transition.

Meanwhile :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles