India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Why will US do that, until and unless Chinks attack them directly. At most we can expect intelligence and material support, even this is a suspect.
Intelligence Yes they are already doing it. With Quad going official soon we will have access to more of it.

The only reason they'll jump in is if India lose the war it will make China defacto leader of Asia atleast and bring down the American clout in the region. Many small states will fall into its lap.

It will also depend on their leaders for e.g. with someone like Bush in charge we may have been assured of their interference but with Trump or any other i doubt it.

If we had better relationship with them then for aerial warfare they can provide us lots of F-16s in a matter of days from their stock.

Anyway it does seems many other nation are indeed looking to take china down. If they are ready to go down with full force India must join them .

Truth is we aren't aware of what's going on among the world leaders of states like USA Australia Japan Taiwan UK Europe etc so can only speculate for now..

scatterStorm

Country flag
If US enters full scale war, then the game completely changes. First, the US would take out all Chinese satellites, which would make all Chinese missiles, cruise and ballistic, lose their accuracy; as these missiles are guided by Chinese satellites. All Chinese command and control centers would also be hit. Here is the sad truth: If India doesn't fight now, next time the Chinese will park their soldiers in Leh. Which means that war, with all of its casualties, is inevitable for India, unless it gives up Ladakh to China. All I am suggesting is to rope in the US for its technological edge. I think if the US and India coordinate and fight the Chinese together, then India and US can come out on top.
Not that easy, I presume China has 4 to 5 military's sats, and other comm. sats, taking the range to closely 15 (I am not sure).

👉 Taking down sats would put a lot of global pressure as other sats of other countries and very expensive science experiments would be at potential risk.
👉 Than there is risk of fallout as well. A large sat if came down to a city than expect some causalities.

scatterStorm

Country flag
I am not sure how N.Korea fits into escalation ladder. Rumor mill is that Kimmy is in coma? If N.K falls, than you have access to China just by land alone.

I presume China would annex N.Korea to defend itself, and since N.K is a commie state, so they could comply.

Mikel

Country flag
I am not sure how N.Korea fits into escalation ladder. Rumor mill is that Kimmy is in coma? If N.K falls, than you have access to China just by land alone.

I presume China would annex N.Korea to defend itself, and since N.K is a commie state, so they could comply.
North Korea reportedly opened fire on some Chinese fishing vessels killing 3. So things are not quite as simple.

mokoman

Country flag
Not that easy, I presume China has 4 to 5 military's sats, and other comm. sats, taking the range to closely 15 (I am not sure).

👉 Taking down sats would put a lot of global pressure as other sats of other countries and very expensive science experiments would be at potential risk.
👉 Than there is risk of fallout as well. A large sat if came down to a city than expect some causalities.
https://www.defensenews.com/opinion...pabilities-but-that-only-drives-its-appetite/

China has more than 320 satellites, including almost 105 military spacecraft o_O

we only have 8.

:hmm: Like you said we cant destroy all those sats , debris from them will go around destroying all other sats.

I think US like China has laser anti-sat weapons , those wont leave behind any debris .

shashankk

Country flag
I hate this quietly word here. This gives indication that we are still trying to find a midway approach and we are more desperate for face saving exit for us. Its all out war and we are still pussyfooting in response. We are still not applying correct economic pressure on them. all superficial steps for public I believe. Hope we are using this as public gimmick and doing a solid preparation of war at the back.

HawkisRight

Country flag

India has access to China by land from 1950

Knowitall

"In case it provokes a tough response from beijing"

"No formal ban"

This means a few things:-

1) we still don't want to piss them off we still want play good kids.

2) lack of gand me guda.

3) no formal ban means somewhere down the line certain companies would order some equipment from huawei when things go under the carpet.

4) countries around the world who are not facing a sovereign threat or there land occupied by china have banned this company this shows our lack of response.

Pro's:-

1) our own 5g hopefully jio

2) gradual reduction of chinese equipment hopefully (no formal ban makes it difficult).

Knowitall

I read somewhere that a formal ban would be against WTO trade rules. So the thing would be to setup the proposals for upgrade/POCs for telecommunications equipment without naming anyone such that Huawei/ZTE do not meet the requirements.
If that is the case why are other countries doing so?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
If that is the case why are other countries doing so?
US is pulling out of WTO, so that they can take on CCP one on one.

UK has not banned, but gave 4-5 years for their telecom companies to diversify their equipment from huawei.

Australia, I haven’t followed much.

Everyone is giving a measured response, based on risks they are willing to take.

Knowitall

US is pulling out of WTO, so that they can take on CCP one on one.

UK has not banned, but gave 4-5 years for their telecom companies to diversify their equipment from huawei.

Australia, I haven’t followed much.

Everyone is giving a measured response, based on risks they are willing to take.
Ok that makes a lot of sense thanks.

And here I thought everyone was outright banning it from.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Ok that makes a lot of sense thanks.

And here I thought everyone was outright banning it from.
This phase in global economy is being called “The great decoupling”, originally the term was supposed to denote something else, but for now being used for US-China scenario. Much of it depends on one man TRUMP.

Immanuel

Country flag
https://www.defensenews.com/opinion...pabilities-but-that-only-drives-its-appetite/

China has more than 320 satellites, including almost 105 military spacecraft o_O

we only have 8.

:hmm: Like you said we cant destroy all those sats , debris from them will go around destroying all other sats.

I think US like China has laser anti-sat weapons , those wont leave behind any debris .
Can't we just fry those sats with powerful targeted microwaves or some other shit. Soft kill should be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles