India-China 2020 Border Dispute - Military and Strategic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Yep. but I'm not completely sure about, what will happen if baloon starts to go up.

operating cost $29000 vs $8000 /hr.

we know F16 in and out. we are well aware about their capabilities and deficiencies.
Fair enough. I'm also not very sure why we'd need those since we have Su30MKI in that role. I was just saying that there's a good number of aircraft available from a friendly country if SHTF.

Synergy

Country flag
No, we have lack of pilots for the current aircraft we have. Each aircraft needs a team of pilots to rotate because war time deployment means each pilot has to do multiple sorties each day. Currently, we don't have enough pilots to rotate comfortably.
afaik, we were short of 146 officers. not sure about how many among those are pilots. actually I'm not completely aware of.

and I was pointing to second line of def who can also act in tandem with first/front line.

LDev

Country flag
Holding our land is different to capturing others and keep it for ourselves.
If we had local support & quicker logistics, we would. Same applies for China.

Check post WW2, no country has won a war in another country without local population supporting it.
India will be fighting in Tibet where the local population (only 20 million in all of Tibet) is not exactly friendly with the Han Chinese. India will not be fighting in the Pearl River Delta of Han China.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Meanwhile.. what does it mean .. have gobar times gone rogue

View attachment 54972
:facepalm::facepalm: (when one facepalm isn't enough)

I'd like @BON PLAN to give his thoughts about this ridiculous article. At least its sure @J20 that your countrymen have a wrong assessment of Fighter generations as per your dictionary.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
i think this from either international lobby or private lobby. if reported are to be believed then hal has already developed fold-able blades and tail section helicopter. if there are any short-comings then navy needs to work with HAL to rectify it rather then blindly commenting that only international or private player should build helicopter. hal have built more then 400+ helis and lot of different variants.

navy needs to provide requirements clearly first
No i meant the global times page which claims India destroyed chinese helicopter..

Indrajit

Country flag
#dhotishivering is also a phenomena where a forum user post pro chinese military pictures and drills repetitively for absolutely no reason. :troll:
That would only be correct if the said user was from the limited geographical area where such a garment where shivering could be said to have happened is part of attire.
There is a reason alright, it’s just not one that many here seem to recognise.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
India will be fighting in Tibet where the local population (only 20 million in all of Tibet) is not exactly friendly with the Han Chinese. India will not be fighting in the Pearl River Delta of Han China.
Tibet population is just 3 million or 30 lakhs..

daya

Country flag
afaik, we were short of 146 officers. not sure about how many among those are pilots. actually I'm not completely aware of.

and I was pointing to second line of def who can also act in tandem with first/front line.
Responsibility of government. Recruitment system should be re-vamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles