India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg_bharat

Country flag
It's not a book, it's an essay by some ex-PLA star officer that was syndicated by several chinese newspapers, including SCMP, talking about the Six wars China needs to fight before 2050.

Read it here: http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/six-wars-china-is-sure-to-fight-in-the-next-50-years/
My perception was that China wants to win without fight & was betting on it from previous experience. IA/GOI surprised them but even GOI do not want prolonged fight on LAC and neither side can politically concede any ground. Its win for india atleast for now.
There will be fighting.

The first round may not be prolonged, but chances of anybody going back without a fight is zero.

cannonfodder

Country flag
Even if some consensus is reached would you believe it ? We cannot afford it anymore, we have to keep high level of surveillance on LAC. Need some more intel satellites if required scanning for any major troop movement & our troops ready for deployment.

So guys in a nutshell, same old shit that both sides will deescalate and no new consensus is reached??

Tuco

Country flag
Even if some consensus is reached would you believe it ? We cannot afford it anymore, we have to keep high level of surveillance on LAC. Need some more intel satellites if required scanning for any major troop movement & our troops ready for deployment.
Stinkies will comeback again next time they will make sure to occupy the heights. We need to hold on to the gains and never vacate.

Tridev123

Country flag
I hope the Government knows what it is doing. All diplomatic meetings convey some message especially high level ones. I assumed that the latest meeting between the Foreign Ministers was enabled because the Chinese had made a big climbdown from previous positions. But the joint statement released says nothing about the Chinese willingness to withdraw. All we hear are bombastic statements by the Chinese Government and media saying not an inch of land will be given up which should rightfully be thrown into the dustbin.

It is simply foolish and childish to continue diplomatic meetings if the Chinese do not want to acknowledge reality. They are the ones who have to concede as they encroached first. We have responded to their aggressive actions. There is no way India will back off. They cannot exit without conceding to our demands as otherwise a real war will break out and throw up dead PLA soldiers. This is no video game played on a mobile phone.

We should realise high level diplomatic meetings also send a signal to our troops on the front line especially when there is an eyeball to eyeball confrontation with the PLA troops.They may be wondering why our Government is talking to the Chinese. There should be nil diplomatic meetings with China unless the Chinese agree to consider withdrawal from their new positions.

If diplomacy can resolve the matter, no problems. But the Chinese are two faced. They try to use time gained thru talks to further consolidate militarily.

maximus777

Country flag
"Talking" needs to happen on the side for the gallery. Even during the worst cold war crisis, US and USSR did talk to each other even if it was just a farce.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Haji Pir 2.0 in making?
nope, different times, different political disposition and different narrative.

We can't afford to give things back, unless we get tangible, visible on the ground moves from China.
These moves could be them falling back to pre-april & other concessions on Pakis & UN etc etc..

Let us wait and see.

Tridev123

Country flag
"Talking" needs to happen on the side for the gallery. Even during the worst cold war crisis, US and USSR did talk to each other even if it was just a farce.
We are not against talks. Channels of communication should be kept open at all times. But high level talks between Foreign Ministers and Defence Ministers are different as they send out signals which may be misinterpreted.

Quiet back channel diplomacy has been useful in the past. We have talked with Pakistan too during tensions.

Kumata

Country flag
Folks,

A Humble request.. pls don't post links to tweets here but instead do a Screenshot of tweet.. serves many purposes. Moreover many like me who are behind firewalls / proxies cannot see these tweets...as twitter is usually blocked....

It's very easy to take a screenshot... Press Windows Key +shift + S on your Keyboard in sequence and choose the space u want to take screenshot of. Just paste it in Post below and you are good to go..

1599795785228.png

Blue Water Navy

Zeroed
Country flag
Mark my words people. CCP is working on a exit strategy and they are desperate.

The more this continues. The more it will be clear to the world that their mighty PLA is more of a barbie doll force rather than an actual fighting one.

Problem is that they had so much of their own propaganda drink themselves. That they don't even know what's real problem and what is not.

It's their too much propaganda and superior mentality created their itch in the first place to "teach India a lesson after Doklam". In order to be reasonable you have to have some people who have the facts or know the reality on the ground. But as I said they all live in high heaven. So, it's evident that they forgot what actually happened in Doklam. The truth is it has nothing to do with India. They tried to build a road in Bhutan. Bhutan tried to stop them but then again CCP won't listen just like always. So, India had to assist as Bhutan asked India to.

I myself don't want the CCP to fall from power, right now. But this leadership under Xi has just lost it. They are so drunk in their money & power, they don't even know to whom to rough talk or not. I mean seriously threatening European countries, picking fight with AU and Japan.
पैसा पॉकेट में आये हुए दो दिन ही हुआ है भाई और यह हाल है इन लोगो का

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles