India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowitall

Agreed, I am assuming Finger 5 area being used to hold ammo dumps, because for Rocket art has excavation work being done for keeping them hidden underground. I am not sure, could be.
From what i have read and understood the supply system works in this way:-

Generally there is one primary storage hub located far away from the frontline this will generally 2-3 months of fuel and supplies. these main hubs will be connected to secondary storage hubs located right by the frontlines which will be used for supplying the troops in their immediate vicinity these contain supllies that can last for a week or two at max.

we can expect each sector to have its dedicated primary and secondary storage units.

IAF's primary targets will be to locate and eliminate these primary hubs and then cut the supply routes supplying them from mainland.

after this the airforce can go after the secondary units or the army can force the chinese to spend their reserves.

in such a scenario the chinese troops will be dying of cold and starvation before our bullets even get them.

scatterStorm

Country flag
From what i have read and understood the supply system works in this way:-

Generally there is one primary storage hub located far away from the frontline this will generally 2-3 months of fuel and supplies. these main hubs will be connected to secondary storage hubs located right by the frontlines which will be used for supplying the troops in their immediate vicinity these contain supllies that can last for a week or two at max.

we can expect each sector to have its dedicated primary and secondary storage units.

IAF's primary targets will be to locate and eliminate these primary hubs and then cut the supply routes supplying them from mainland.

after this the airforce can go after the secondary units or the army can force the chinese to spend their reserves.

in such a scenario the chinese troops will be dying of cold and starvation before our bullets even get them.
As you've pointed out correctly, these are absolutely very difficult to find out from Sat pics, SAR maps are better for hunting these targets, for which I assume that SU30MKI were mapping targets using SAR pods from Israel. This has been going from past two to three weeks now.

brational

Country flag
Well I was just quoting an ex-officer(if I am not wrong) when I said that winter ops can take place, I suggest you to read carefully before accusing me of commenting about operations, which I admit I know nothing about.

Don't put words in my mouth, never said that.I just said that I hoped best of the equipment is provided to them to operate in the winter, I made no comments about them "back tracking" from their duties or anything of that sort.

If you seriously stick to that view, you are either an outright cretin or very ignorant about ground reality.
I suggest you to read the 1st part of the thread, almost every defense analyst and ex-serviceman is of the opinion that winter is going to be highly favourable, in comparative terms, to the IA(experience being one of the many reasons).
No, you never quoted any officer. Of course winter ops can take place in the form of SF raids or to gain some tactical points but an all out engagement is not the most desirable thing. These days everyone has become an war expert on tweeter and FB.

I am not putting words into your mouth. What you have written and implied, best of training and equipments were given to the army hence they should be victorious, on the contrary, Indian army fought these chinese without best of training and equipment during 62. If the order comes army has to fight whatever condition they put into.

Yes I'm sticking to my view that winter war in ladakh is not favorable and I'm certain of it. The rule of thumb is to do whatever you wish before winter and prepare the supply line and infra because once winter sets in, nature will stop/hinder your every movement. You wont be able to hold any gain. The only reality on the ground will be snow, very less oxygen in Air and Temperature will be anywhere below -25°.

So let the generals decide what to do because they are in the best judge of the situation.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
As you've pointed out correctly, these are absolutely very difficult to find out from Sat pics, SAR maps are better for hunting these targets, for which I assume that SU30MKI were mapping targets using SAR pods from Israel. This has been going from past two to three weeks now.
P8is flew there in June. Any sort of GPR tech on them?

DownWithCCP

Country flag
No, you never quoted any officer. Of course winter ops can take place in the form of SF raids or to gain some tactical points but an all out engagement is not the most desirable thing. These days everyone has become an war expert on tweeter and FB.

I am not putting words into your mouth. What you have written and implied, best of training and equipments were given to the ary hence they should be victorious, on the contrary, Indian army fought these chinese without best of training and equipment during 62. If the order comes army has to fight whatever condition they put into.

Yes I'm sticking to my view that winter war in ladakh is not favorable and I'm certain of it. The rule of thumb is do whatever you wish before winter and prepare the supply line and infra because once winter sets in, nature will stop/hinder your every movement. You wont be able to hold any gain. The only reality on the ground will be snow, very less oxygen in Air and Temperature will be anywhere below -25°.

So let the generals decide what to do because they are in the best judge of the situation.
Well @Hellfire probably is an officer @Bhadra I believe has served in the army, or at least that was what the consensus was in the forum when I joined here.

on the contrary, Indian army fought these chinese without best of training and equipment during 62
and what happened, everybody knows, are you seriously arguing that better equipment does not contribute to better outcome?(again, if what you did is not putting words to my mouth then even this is not)
Of course winter ops can take place in the form of SF raids or to gain some tactical points
Yes I was referring to that, and our troops and their leaders have far more experience and knowledge about the subject, so that translates to an advantage.
Yes I'm sticking to my view that winter war in ladakh is not favorable and I'm certain of it.
So you have decided to take a stand that is contrarian to what most(well informed) people think, ok whatever feel free to do so.
Never argued against that.

Knowitall

P8is flew there in June. Any sort of GPR tech on them?
p-8 under the US are being used for ground surveillance back from a long time.

The P-8Is come equipped with the AN/APY-10 radar, which its maker Raytheon describes as a “maritime, littoral and overland surveillance radar”.

In the Synthetic Aperture and Inverse synthetic-aperture mode, the AN/APY-10 radar can penetrate through clouds and foliage to give detailed images of the surface below. Images produced by the radar in these modes can give details such as size of objects and structures on the surface, movement and change.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Well @Hellfire probably is an officer @Bhadra I believe has served in the army, or at least that was what the consensus was in the forum when I joined here.

and what happened, everybody knows, are you seriously arguing that better equipment does not contribute to better outcome?(again, if what you did is not putting words to my mouth then even this is not)

Yes I was referring to that, and our troops and their leaders have far more experience and knowledge about the subject, so that translates to an advantage.

So you have decided to take a stand that is contrarian to what most(well informed) people think, ok whatever feel free to do so.

Never argued against that.
@Bhadra had an interesting take on the Winter War.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles