India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

shade

Country flag
I

I don't see any turret there.
Not pics from that specific tweet, i mean you put TATA WhAp or Kestrel in google image search or news, you get pretty much the same vehicle with a BMP2 turret on top.
DRDO WhAp and Kestrel look to be the same thing

1600174949995.png

Tuco

Country flag
Not pics from that specific tweet, i mean you put TATA WhAp or Kestrel in google image search or news, you get pretty much the same vehicle with a BMP2 turret on top.
DRDO WhAp and Kestrel look to be the same thing

View attachment 59319
Right, but the one being splashed around looks like is geared towards surveillance.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
12.5 billion is till good for 1 year.

Helmet for 2 mil troops= 400 million.
Sig 716 for 2 mil troops=2 Billion.
Body Armour for 2 mil troops=4 billion.

These things are basics at least that should be taken care first.
U can buy Quad NVG for 22,000 SF at about 1 billion.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Ya'll Nibbiars that the Suprise its the total Capital Expenditure budget for the Four services. So an increase of 9,000 Crores compared to the previous years Nibba. The Out of our 70 Billion US Dollars budget we spend only 18 percent on the Capital procument's ofcourse that excludes the infractures capital cost but our annual spending is much less compared to the Russia Japan with a similar budget. Even the Melcchas spend 25 of their budget on the Capital procument's.

omaebakabaka

Why would they go for sig 716 on such volumes when an ak plant is being set up under license? I think IA has too many different types of small arms issued to various types of forces.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars that the Suprise it the total Capital Expenditure budget for the Four services. So an increase of 9,000 Crores compared to the previous years Nibba. The Out of our 70 Billion US Dollars budget we spend only 18 percent on the Capital procument's ofcourse that excludes the infractures capital cost but our annual spending is much less compared to the Russia Japan with a similar budget. Even the Melcchas spend 25 of their budget on the Capital procument's.
First kick out useless chaps filled in MOD then u will see steep increase in cpaex.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Why would they go for sig 716 on such volumes when an ak plant is being set up under license? I think IA has too many different types of small arms issued to various types of forces.
For high altitude warfare in places with no foliage like in Ladakh.. SIG 716 with 7.62 * 51 rounds are deadly at long ranges.. so I think we should have a healthy mix..

omaebakabaka

For high altitude warfare in places with no foliage like in Ladakh.. SIG 716 with 7.62 * 51 rounds are deadly at long ranges.. so I think we should have a healthy mix..
This is a debate that is occuring since WW1 about range, lethality and so on. I think new AK's are more than enough in that terrain. We really need to cut off imports and any deficiencies needs to be addressed by local MIC. This will never end otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.