India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokoman

Country flag

@knowitall2

:dude: guess i was wrong . real reason they published those pics is the tawang incident.

CCP released statement calling indian news of chinese detained as false news . and they manually made the news trend on weibo all day yesterday.

Yesterdays talks was on PP15 , u can see recent images on google , literally nothing there.

india today claimed the post was removed due to winter .

if they cant be bothered to move from there . it pretty much ends here.

The Shrike

Country flag
:dude: guess i was wrong . real reason they published those pics is the tawang incident.
I would ask why they did the Tawang incursion in the first place? Incursions with 100+ happen only once every few years (at least the ones that come to public light) in each area AFAIK. Now we have already had 2 within a few weeks. Its possible they will try and have one of these incursions flareup and use it to start conventional offensive ops.

mokoman

Country flag
I would ask why they did the Tawang incursion in the first place? Incursions with 100+ happen only once every few years (at least the ones that come to public light) in each area AFAIK. Now we have already had 2 within a few weeks. Its possible they will try and have one of these incursions flareup and use it to start conventional offensive ops.
probably just to put pressure on india , to accept current LAC as status quo.

they will slowly turn LAC into LOC , more 100+ incursions every month or week.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
they will keep poking and testing our defences in every sector in every nook and cranny in all seasons, they are generating data and refining their maps and tactical battle plans.

One fine day without warning they will land up with tens of thousand of troops at multiple points across LAC. it can happen next week, next month or a few years from now, but it will happen.

shashankk

Country flag
Can we alter status quo in central zone and do something similar to taking over Kailash range they way we did for pangong Tso. we need to do something big to make chinese relent.

I feel somehow we got tricked by chinese and vacated kailash range for Pangong TSO while they managed to keep real area of interest under their control. Their policy of taking 4 steps forward and taking 3 steps back has been amply demonstrated in this case. we need to compensate for that one step in some other way.

Freezer Dam

Country flag
they will keep poking and testing our defences in every sector in every nook and cranny in all seasons, they are generating data and refining their maps and tactical battle plans.

One fine day without warning they will land up with tens of thousand of troops at multiple points across LAC. it can happen next week, next month or a few years from now, but it will happen.
Sorry, not possible this time...Both Armies have mirror deployment. If they can, also we.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sorry, not possible this time...Both Armies have mirror deployment. If they can, also we.
let’s look at the fundamentals.

entire Tibet and xinjiang is their buffer zone, to protect their mainland china. They are gambling using their neighbours property.

Their objective need not be to gain new territory, their objective is to keep us engaged. As long as their mainland china(east coast) is threatened they will keep poking and prodding at the other end to create strategic leverages. their primary objective is to keep us engaged and off balance. Tying down ten thousand troops is also a military objective if they choose to.

they are the attacker and an instigator, they will have the first movers advantage to decide in which valley or gorge they want to apply pressure on. These are not plains to move easily, mirror deployment does not mean our troops will be present in the each and every nook and cranny. mobilisation will take anywhere between a day to a few weeks depending on the location.

I am not looking at it only from a Ladakh perspective.

When the time comes, path of least resistance will be chosen by them.

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag
let’s look at the fundamentals.

entire Tibet and xinjiang is their buffer zone, to protect their mainland china. They are gambling using their neighbours property.

Their objective need not be to gain new territory, their objective is to keep us engaged. As long as their mainland china is threatened they will keep poking and prodding. their primary objective is to keep us engaged and off balance. Tying down ten thousand troops is also a military objective if they choose to.

they are the attacker and an instigator, they will have the first movers advantage to decide in which valley or gorge they want to apply pressure on. These are not plains to move easily, mirror deployment does not mean our troops will be present in the each and every nook and cranny. mobilisation will take anywhere between a day to a few weeks depending on the location.

I am not looking at it only from a Ladakh perspective.

When the time comes, path of least resistance will be chosen by them.
I have said this from the beginning. India needs to attack and make gains in Tibet otherwise this will not stop.

Freezer Dam

Country flag
Can we alter status quo in central zone and do something similar to taking over Kailash range they way we did for pangong Tso. we need to do something big to make chinese relent.

I feel somehow we got tricked by chinese and vacated kailash range for Pangong TSO while they managed to keep real area of interest under their control. Their policy of taking 4 steps forward and taking 3 steps back has been amply demonstrated in this case. we need to compensate for that one step in some other way.
The biggest blunder what Modi and his cabinet done was to take the decision of Vacating the Kailash Range. If we are right, both retired and working Generals opposed this decision. Did not know the entire details but @Hellfire sir, @mokoman or Senior members can tell the event. But for the first time chini insists for discussion.

srevster

Country flag
need not play our hand too soon either.

LAC has not even reached the stage of LOC, lots of steps in escalation ladder remaining.
Escalation ladder means we are reacting. Why can’t we pre-empt their escalation and propaganda.

Cheran

Country flag
probably just to put pressure on india , to accept current LAC as status quo.

they will slowly turn LAC into LOC , more 100+ incursions every month or week.
1. Over crowd India patrols by numbers, create more & more close quarter encounters
2. Increase the frequency of such encounters
3. Try to make Indian troops "on edge" such that they have an itch for the trigger

I think CCP is trying make IA fire the fist shot, take an injured or KIA & then start whatever it is that they have in mind.

We are very desperate not to fire the first shot & cause a causality on their side. Pushing/Shoving might be "ok"

Warning shots were fired by us Post Kailash peaks takeover.

Sehwag231

Country flag
1. Over crowd India patrols by numbers, create more & more close quarter encounters
2. Increase the frequency of such encounters
3. Try to make Indian troops "on edge" such that they have an itch for the trigger

I think CCP is trying make IA fire the fist shot, take an injured or KIA & then start whatever it is that they have in mind.

We are very desperate not to fire the first shot & cause a causality on their side. Pushing/Shoving might be "ok"

Warning shots were fired by us Post Kailash peaks takeover.
So, what happened just few days ago in Tawang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles