India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimih

Country flag
I don't think china's main aim is to capture tawang only. The focus will be tawang but the area is well defended. Currently there are 2 divisions protecting the tawang axis. The main concern is central arunachal which is lagging far behind in terms of border infra. Ex Jorging an ITBP fwd post in upper siang dist close to ngyichi is 90km away from the nearest road head. It takes days for jawans to reach the fwd post on foot. Posts in dibang valley such as baluwa, bruni, lama camp, omkar andrala, etc are about 30-60kms from the nearest road head. Even in the lohit Valley posts like rochham etc are quite far from roadhead. Some of these posts are cobs. Policy makers and defence experts have always maintained that tawang is the only aim and thats why an entire corps was defending tawang sector where as only the dah div was taking care of rest of arunachal. Things have changed with the induction of 56div which is now looking after central arunachal. But infrastructure is non existent in these areas and it will be a cause of concern for us in case things go south for us.
Yes right, infrastructure is the issue in AP. Hope it gets resolved fast

Manoj345

Country flag
@Manoj345
Please don't fuel any conspiracy theory first double check for any info.

View attachment 103529

[/QUOTE
Seems yu are right on this particular incident, However we are on a defence forum where one of our interets among others is to attempt to connect dots from available sources and try and reach a reasonable conclusion on happenings, which my or maynot be borne out in time. This is not fueling conspiracy. There is no point in having a forum just to collate news feeds if you dont have the capacity to discuss the same. Cheers

notaname

Country flag
@Manoj345
I am not bashing ypu or collecting news items for my information I am just correcting one of yours wrong assumption just because you quoted one of causality and then based your argument on that if you had done it without quoting that news item it would have been better and I would not bother to correct you for that matter.

Thundering13th

Country flag
Yes right, infrastructure is the issue in AP. Hope it gets resolved fast
Modi has made some positive approaches let's see if his govt can see the campaign through. To add on to your Buddhist buffer state argument. Remember almost entire if not all population residing close to indo China border is Buddhist. Be it kaho, taksing, gelling, mechuka, monigong etc. The local majority is Buddhist. So not just tawang but the "entire" belt is majority buddhist

Last edited:

Varoon2

Country flag

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Rightly pointed out. Sadly AP which is more strategic than Ladakh tbh is neglected on the basis of "only tawang" doctrine
I mean if you look at it from a different perspective, Indians successfully anticipated where the next Chinese moves are going to take place and they focused on those areas, also the three services and the intelligence might have come to a conclusion considering all factors(iirc there was a wargame that took place) that eastern borders don't need as much focus as the northern borders, ideally the best case scenario was looking into both the borders but maybe this was the most optimal solution.

Thundering13th

Country flag
I mean if you look at it from a different perspective, Indians successfully anticipated where the next Chinese moves are going to take place and they focused on those areas, also the three services and the intelligence might have come to a conclusion considering all factors(iirc there was a wargame that took place) that eastern borders don't need as much focus as the northern borders, ideally the best case scenario was looking into both the borders but maybe this was the most optimal solution.
Let's look it it this way. The performance of IA in 1962 was far better in ladakh when compared to their performance in AP than NEFA. AP is a state of valleys and rivers mostly flowing north to south roughly. Each district is named after a river course. Valleys are divided by ridge lines throughout. So if you want to go from one valley to another which say is at a distance of 50km as the crow flies extends to almost 300kms in reality coz you need to then go to the foothills cross over to the next valley and then travel upwards towards the border. Firstly tawang is the only axis which defended"well" and this was way before chinks moved in ladakh. Tawang is the most well defended sector in the entire McMahon line. But we must not be ostriches. Look at china. In dibang valley they intrude almost 20km on an average before they are confronted by the Indian patrol.20kms

Jimih

Country flag
Look at china. In dibang valley they intrude almost 20km on an average before they are confronted by the Indian patrol.20kms
There is also Chinese settlement in contested territory in Upper Subansiri district.

Since 1962 China has built a new village with 101 homes on the banks of River Tsari Chu in the Upper Subansiri district, a disputed area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles