India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
Top Leader Of Banned Assam Outfit ULFA-I Gunned Down In Encounter

Top leader of the United Liberation Front of Asom -Independent (ULFA-I), Dwipen Saud, was gunned down this morning after a fierce gun battle with the security forces in western Assam's Bongaigaon district.

Dwipen Saud was the banned outfit's newly appointed western command chief. He was appointed after former deputy commander-in-chief Drishti Rajkhowa surrendered in November.

Caution: NDTV

mokoman

Country flag
Yep. The road seems like a black line, similar to what I have observed as asphalt roads. If you notice other roads around, they are not black, but lighter color of soil (faded orange-yellowish)
:hmm: That was what i thought too , but i think thats what the road looks like in feb sentinel images too . i mean

check 8/2/2021 sentinel images against latest google images.

sorcerer

Country flag
What is Indias sphere of influence to checkmate China?
India has responded in kind, as it is developing a military base in the south-western Indian Ocean.

There is North Agalega, an island controlled by Mauritius, India's long-standing ally.

This is where India is building its base.

It might seem like the middle of nowhere, but look around and it will make perfect sense.

To the south is the Reunion island, controlled by the French, another close ally, and to the north is Djibouti, China's foothold in Africa where they have a military base.

The second objective is surveillance, as from Agalega, India can keep an eye on Southern African trade routes, where most of China's energy trade is concentrated.

In October 2014, the island was wilderness surrounded by sea, but in 2015, India sought access to it.

New Delhi wanted to develop it as a staging point for its air force and navy.

Six years later, there is a new 3,000-metre-long runway, capable of hosting India's new Boeing patrol aircraft.

Deadtrap

Country flag
China seems to be making an asphalt road till the last point of Hotspring which they occupied and never went back.
Seems like it is an unspoken understanding now that we have accepted their demands.
Nah. No blacktopping. Sentinel is known to render mud tracks darker. No clue why.
Pics from today’s afternoon. It’s the same track that you see on latest Google earth pics.

0C253BD3-92C5-4133-959D-F82EFFF6BA54.jpeg
DB63BDDE-CE46-4186-8825-C14B2F968519.jpeg
33C204E8-ACB7-46FB-B4D1-324E7800E389.jpeg

Country flag
What is Indias sphere of influence to checkmate China?
India has responded in kind, as it is developing a military base in the south-western Indian Ocean.

There is North Agalega, an island controlled by Mauritius, India's long-standing ally.

This is where India is building its base.

It might seem like the middle of nowhere, but look around and it will make perfect sense.

To the south is the Reunion island, controlled by the French, another close ally, and to the north is Djibouti, China's foothold in Africa where they have a military base.

The second objective is surveillance, as from Agalega, India can keep an eye on Southern African trade routes, where most of China's energy trade is concentrated.

In October 2014, the island was wilderness surrounded by sea, but in 2015, India sought access to it.

New Delhi wanted to develop it as a staging point for its air force and navy.

Six years later, there is a new 3,000-metre-long runway, capable of hosting India's new Boeing patrol aircraft.

Djibouti is irrelevant...the US, France, Russia, China, India etc have all leased berths there for naval operations - not a base as such - more like a waypoint. Also, Djibouti is thousands of KMs away from Agalega.

What India should do is BUY these Agalega islands from Mauritius, and put the Indian flag in there with a joint command like the Andaman command. Developing on some one else's islands still is risky. Mauritius could turn to our enemy tomorrow. You never know. Nepal despite being Hindu dominated turned against us for some time.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Revenge of the Sith.....I mean Desis.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Is there any chance that the same mutant virus can arise in different geographic locations independently of each other without any people to people transmission?
I don't think so
Remember 12th grade biology،, mutations are completely random
But if we subject two groups of viruses having the same gene parent in two virus cultures
Subject them to same anti-viral substance, there is a chance that some of them might survive and pass on the genotype to it's progenies, in both cultures
Although this may have same characteristics, the mutations again are Random

Perhaps/probably the chini version is desi version only that somehow made it there

mandestiny

Country flag
It seems GOI already accepted demand of china the land they occupied and don't want to go back. Its just GOI showing to public that it still talking.

Army said earlier , if i remember that they compensate the land by occupying new areas. It seems that is also lost by vacating and buffer zone remain as buffer zone. F4-F8 still buffer zone no any Indian camp till f8.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
It seems GOI already accepted demand of china the land they occupied and don't want to go back. Its just GOI showing to public that it still talking.

Army said earlier , if i remember that they compensate the land by occupying new areas. It seems that is also lost by vacating and buffer zone remain as buffer zone. F4-F8 still buffer zone no any Indian camp till f8.
The chene have gone back beyond f 8 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles