Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Soon India 🇮🇳 will be running 🇬🇧.
India is second largest foreign investor in UK already and will be the first soon if a formidable trade deal with UK makes way as European & American giants are pulling out due to slow demands.
And Italy elected a far extreme right wing leader.
at this point in time in world history, electing a "far right leader" in a democracy does not mean problems will solved, it only means public will atleast be able to talk about issues that are otherwise artificially suppressed.
There are barely true far right leaders left since WW2.

In 2020s where far left ideologies like radical feminism, communists and LGBT movements will dominate global MSM, any normal human will be labeled as far right. We cannot expect any radical actions from leaders like Modi or Meloni, we call far right as they are not so at first place and rather centrist leaders living in a post modernist far left era.

cyclops

Country flag
If you don't want to read a book, you can watch 'An Ocean Apart'; its an old British docu series about how, in the 20th century, America effectively pwned the Brits geopolitically, economically and culturally.

Once in a while, I'll see right wing Brits referring each other this documentary, whinging about how "we wuz kangs".

angryIndian

Country flag
E-lund musk involvement can be pretty much confirmed
Elon musk is directly responsible for promoting a lot of xenophobic content, even to those who are not searching for it. I'm shown anti-black, anti-Latino, and anti jew posts even though I am not even looking for it.

I had a subscription with X because I used the gork tool but now I've canceled it.

i wonder what Ministry of Information Broadcasting is thinking, will you allow a platform that spreads vile hatred against Indians to continue unabated?

Cheran

Country flag
E-lund musk involvement can be pretty much confirmed
View attachment 245551
Ofc, we knew it was Felon Musk who fueled the anti India posts a few weeks back. Now he is openly admitting to this.

Felon the Boer Basturd should really concentrate his attention to gang rape of toddlers happening in Goradom or the industrial scale of sexual abuse in Hollywood.

Saar, dont keel whites, saar, so what of we killed yours, demeaned you, occupied you, negated your very existence, dont keel us

1711392751181.png

1711393095324.png

I remember this tweet by the Briturd Monarchist/colonial apologist several months back. He even defended/contextualized the statement of BritBasturd Churchill saying the Indians are a beastly people.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Programmer bros, is there a skills gap with H1B Indians as these Americans keep whining about, or is it Just sour grapes? Does anyone know something about this issue?

Sour grapes in most cases. There is a big problem with Indians though, a lot of them do not have proficiency in conversational English. Plenty of times I have had my skin crawl when I've heard fellow indians on calls speaking English in punjabi, tamil, telugu and they dont make ANY fucking sense. This makes them look unintelligent and quite possibly the origin of such tropes. But if you want the job done, no one but an Indian can make it happen... and this too has been seen time and again.

In many cases it is straight impossible to hire an american, they'll either have exceptionally high demands or unwilling to go the extra mile or simply quit to do follow their hobby. In my company itself they put in a rule to not hire too many H1Bs, and in the end most dev jobs either got outsourced, or in the case of my team, the position got closed aur main aaj bhi us extra work load ko bhugat raha hun.

Haan, a second problem is that Indians DO NOT know how to make the end product look attractive. If you want, for example, a UI designer, I would first look for Americans or Europeans.

PS: Please visit that reddit thread r/antiwork sometime, it is full of made up BS and redditors larping about obvious fake stories.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Programmer bros, is there a skills gap with H1B Indians as these Americans keep whining about, or is it Just sour grapes? Does anyone know something about this issue?

Sour grapes, most of these mutts learn basics and assume they're better than the rest of the world not knowing how stiff the job market is in India which makes kids here acquire far more skills than they probably would in their entire carrier. Now of course not every mutt is like them, huge chunk of them are actually smart, but shear numbers of ours along with the efforts we put make us easy choice for tech companies to hire us in India as well as abroad.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Sour grapes in most cases. There is a big problem with Indians though, a lot of them do not have proficiency in conversational English. Plenty of times I have had my skin crawl when I've heard fellow indians on calls speaking English in punjabi, tamil, telugu and they dont make ANY fucking sense. This makes them look unintelligent and quite possibly the origin of such tropes. But if you want the job done, no one but an Indian can make it happen... and this too has been seen time and again.

In many cases it is straight impossible to hire an american, they'll either have exceptionally high demands or unwilling to go the extra mile or simply quit to do follow their hobby. In my company itself they put in a rule to not hire too many H1Bs, and in the end most dev jobs either got outsourced, or in the case of my team, the position got closed aur main aaj bhi us extra work load ko bhugat raha hun.

Haan, a second problem is that Indians DO NOT know how to make the end product look attractive. If you want, for example, a UI designer, I would first look for Americans or Europeans.

PS: Please visit that reddit thread r/antiwork sometime, it is full of made up BS and redditors larping about obvious fake stories.
Competency in English is not the source of the tropes, source of the tropes is whites being racist towards non whites, especially trying to wrap their heads around how Indians can be smarter and more hard working than them. If this was about competency in english, they'd say the same about koreans, chinese and japanese, who are far, far worse in english competency than us.

The thing about UI developers is true though- we do not prioritise aesthetics like the whites do.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Competency in English is not the source of the tropes, source of the tropes is whites being racist towards non whites, especially trying to wrap their heads around how Indians can be smarter and more hard working than them. If this was about competency in english, they'd say the same about koreans, chinese and japanese, who are far, far worse in english competency than us.

The thing about UI developers is true though- we do not prioritise aesthetics like the whites do.
Bhai, I have been observing this trend for over a decade now. I have been in C-Suite meetings where the Indian origin directors have been quickly dismissed while the American origin (both, whites and non-whites born and raised in the US) have carried on lengthy discussions of their project status in the same meetings.

I was also a bystander in a debate between an expert (LPIC-1 certified) Linux admin of Indian origin and a shit-for-brains American born & raised Latino Windows engineer, and just on the prowess of the language, the Indian was out argued by this numb nut who spent all his life clicking around the Windows GUI.

This is precisely also why the American sales/marketing person is leaps and bounds ahead of the non-native-English speaking counterpart.

The reason Indians and some other non-native English speaking people get noticed is because many bosses have seen and experienced the fact that no one can outwork Indians/Chinese/Vietnamese. The pakis in fact have it worse, they are largely unskilled, no work ethic and cant speak the language as much as Indians.

PS: I have seen similar comments about Poles and even in one small project that had three Russian devs - and the folks from both of these countries have far better quality than the regular American born employee.

Trust me, the ability to communicate in the language is more than 70% of the effort if you want to show yourself as smart in the US.

DumbPilot

Country flag

I don't have much knowledge of the 5-10yr experience level, but right out of college, most Indian developers suck ass. You have people pushing secret passwords out into public github repositories, being utterly clueless as to what is being done where and in general being pretty reluctant to learn. That is about the 70-80% of almost all CS devs I see in college. The rest of them are good and hardworking

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles