Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

Dr_Deep

Country flag
If you don't want to read a book, you can watch 'An Ocean Apart'; its an old British docu series about how, in the 20th century, America effectively pwned the Brits geopolitically, economically and culturally.

Once in a while, I'll see right wing Brits referring each other this documentary, whinging about how "we wuz kangs".
Lol 5:00 onwards..the Brits were crying about being dependent on their "former Colony" across the pond for Ammunition production meanwhile their fellow Americans across the pond maintained strong "Neutrality" during WWI and didnt took anyone's side.. meanwhile slowly working on its own Industrialization . Hmm this kinda reminds of a country in today's scenario whose Foreign Minister recently said " Europeans think their problem is world's problem while our problem is not their".. wonder which country that might be ..

Dr_Deep

Country flag
Sour grapes in most cases. There is a big problem with Indians though, a lot of them do not have proficiency in conversational English. Plenty of times I have had my skin crawl when I've heard fellow indians on calls speaking English in punjabi, tamil, telugu and they dont make ANY fucking sense. This makes them look unintelligent and quite possibly the origin of such tropes. But if you want the job done, no one but an Indian can make it happen... and this too has been seen time and again.

In many cases it is straight impossible to hire an american, they'll either have exceptionally high demands or unwilling to go the extra mile or simply quit to do follow their hobby. In my company itself they put in a rule to not hire too many H1Bs, and in the end most dev jobs either got outsourced, or in the case of my team, the position got closed aur main aaj bhi us extra work load ko bhugat raha hun.

Haan, a second problem is that Indians DO NOT know how to make the end product look attractive. If you want, for example, a UI designer, I would first look for Americans or Europeans.

PS: Please visit that reddit thread r/antiwork sometime, it is full of made up BS and redditors larping about obvious fake stories.
Same sentiment here, I also work in IT but for the Government there so no H1B to deal with..but previous experience made me got expose to such Indians who cant properly pronounce words etc.. Im like " Salle Wren and Martin utha kar pad lete kabhi kabhar" their pronounciation was so bad that I highly doubt they would get any C-Suite level or a Manager level job in India..since English is also official language for Businesses in India.

Yes UI is shit for Indians.. I some build websites for small biz where I live..when I see websites of Indian Company, or Gov Site...my skin crawl at the lack of detail and half-hearted job done in the UI aspect.
But in the end an Indian H1B or 2nd Gen will work more hours and not demand holidays/ 'mental health' day like some of the Goras do..

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
Same sentiment here, I also work in IT but for the Government there so no H1B to deal with..but previous experience made me got expose to such Indians who cant properly pronounce words etc.. Im like " Salle Wren and Martin utha kar pad lete kabhi kabhar" their pronounciation was so bad that I highly doubt they would get any C-Suite level or a Manager level job in India..since English is also official language for Businesses in India.

Yes UI is shit for Indians.. I some build websites for small biz where I live..when I see websites of Indian Company, or Gov Site...my skin crawl at the lack of detail and half-hearted job done in the UI aspect.
But in the end an Indian H1B or 2nd Gen will work more hours and not demand holidays/ 'mental health' day like some of the Goras do..
The main difference between goras and desis + east asian coders, is that the goras can't 'grind' when it comes to pure coding.

Ultimately, coding is like writing a very exact and complicated essay- you will have to re-do things, you will make mistakes and you will have to fix them, etc. Goras tire out after 2 hours of code-giri. they need a break, detox their minds, etc and come back to it. Thats why they love the whole 'coders work from home' model so much- that way they can stretch out 8 hrs of work over 12-14 hrs with breaks, watch a movie and come back to coding etc.
Me personally, i can go 3-3.5 hrs tops before i need to put it away and give my brain a rest, but then again, i have ICSE background, so 'slamming' for hours and hours on math gave me the basic level skill of concentration and focus.
Our IIT bros - they can wake up, drink a cup of coffee an sit with nothing but git, github, codepro open and grind away 5-6 hrs before going and taking a shit and coming back to it right away.

When goras say that desis suck etc- its mostly one of two factors:

a) jealousy ( true in 90% cases)
b) (true in 10% cases) - a fresh desi coder bro, who is really really good at many things, but don't know how to do some things. Which is a function of education style. The biggest difference between undergrad desi and phoren westoid degrees in engineering/coding is breadth vs depth approach. Gora universities are LOL-worthy for testing and cover a shit ton of topics quickly, that they expect you to get a reasonable competency on by exam time. Desi universities go for depth approach, where the exams are ball-busters and they want you to have 'very good to excellent' command of the material. However, the desi universities don't sacrifice breadth nearly as much to make it an equal trade-off : the depth is like 2-3x more, whereas the breadth of topics covered is like 75-80% of gora universities.

So often, goras get off on 'oh see, this desi coder dude who's genius on c++ doesnt know basics of network security. retard. hahahaa' but they don't realise, that give this guy 5 years and his far superior mental training to focus will bury them under the table, as they come with far better skills in coding than goras do.

China does the same approach as us and their coders are monsters as well but their extremely poor english makes them harder to work with, as their documentation tends to be very confusing.

Dr_Deep

Country flag
The main difference between goras and desis + east asian coders, is that the goras can't 'grind' when it comes to pure coding.

Ultimately, coding is like writing a very exact and complicated essay- you will have to re-do things, you will make mistakes and you will have to fix them, etc. Goras tire out after 2 hours of code-giri. they need a break, detox their minds, etc and come back to it. Thats why they love the whole 'coders work from home' model so much- that way they can stretch out 8 hrs of work over 12-14 hrs with breaks, watch a movie and come back to coding etc.
Me personally, i can go 3-3.5 hrs tops before i need to put it away and give my brain a rest, but then again, i have ICSE background, so 'slamming' for hours and hours on math gave me the basic level skill of concentration and focus.
Our IIT bros - they can wake up, drink a cup of coffee an sit with nothing but git, github, codepro open and grind away 5-6 hrs before going and taking a shit and coming back to it right away.

When goras say that desis suck etc- its mostly one of two factors:

a) jealousy ( true in 90% cases)
b) (true in 10% cases) - a fresh desi coder bro, who is really really good at many things, but don't know how to do some things. Which is a function of education style. The biggest difference between undergrad desi and phoren westoid degrees in engineering/coding is breadth vs depth approach. Gora universities are LOL-worthy for testing and cover a shit ton of topics quickly, that they expect you to get a reasonable competency on by exam time. Desi universities go for depth approach, where the exams are ball-busters and they want you to have 'very good to excellent' command of the material. However, the desi universities don't sacrifice breadth nearly as much to make it an equal trade-off : the depth is like 2-3x more, whereas the breadth of topics covered is like 75-80% of gora universities.

So often, goras get off on 'oh see, this desi coder dude who's genius on c++ doesnt know basics of network security. retard. hahahaa' but they don't realise, that give this guy 5 years and his far superior mental training to focus will bury them under the table, as they come with far better skills in coding than goras do.

China does the same approach as us and their coders are monsters as well but their extremely poor english makes them harder to work with, as their documentation tends to be very confusing.
As someone with ICSE Background and Western Uni undergrad background. I would say that the same. I think my power of concentrating for hours had considerably reduced by the time I finish my Degree in the US. Back in India being an ICSEjeet I would be grinding for hours under a candle light when the power goes out during summer working on Nootan Physics problems but then years later I would need a cup of strong black coffee, some headphone with music etc just to 'concentrate' ... And yes you are right on Western Undergrad..during my Engineering time in US Uni the courses were moving at the speed of light with little time to understand, practice etc..Everyweek there was HW, Quiz, Project and lab due..and you would be out of breath managing all that but at the end of the semester you still not 100% confident on the depth of the material. You would have to prolly spend some extra time between your break and do reading etc if you want to get more in-depth understanding of the knowledge.

The desi coder would actually read and spend time on the whole book of c++ in order to become knowlegable ( I remember in my 1st Year of Engineeing in US, there was a course in Spring Semester which was an introduction to MatLab, I bought the book and read it like a novel during the Winter break along trying out some of the commands and syntax. But the time I came back for the semester, I finished up all the projects with flying colors and all the other students Goras/Non-Goras thought I was some kind of Genius). Gora meanwhile would Googling everything in order to solve the given problem.

sydsnyper

Country flag

Azaad

Country flag
As expected,a barrage of hate against Indians has begun....

I'm also seeing wild allegations like "Indians are responsible for Boeing's failure"
Go on the attack.

Like for instance on another forum when an American kid tried to shame us calling us call center scammers, I countered by - how the hell did you Americans get to be the most materialistically prosperous society not only in the world today but the history of mankind?

By being suckered by few chaps sitting in dingy poorly lit places with no proper electricity or water or sanitation ( since he brought up these points previously) . Says more about you Americans than it does about us Indians. You deserve every bit coming to you & more if you're so thick.

That was the end of that. I've discovered thru experience if you go on the defensive, they'd tear you apart.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
The bigger question is how the entire steel bridge fell like a pack of cards on impact ?
It was not the typical concrete bridges you see in India.

Once the ship hit the pillar, the entire structure either side was completely compromised.
It had flexibility but the whole thing was built on those few pillars being central to it's integrity.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles