IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
The issue is the entire CDS office , DMA was created just for Rawat to execute his ideas. Sure the next in line may or may not be as passionate. Think of it this way. Rawat was the founder of a startup called integrated theater commands. You lose a founder? Do you think the founder can be replaced just like that procedurally?
The Theatre commands are still on the drawing board. So, the next CDS will be the one to deliver them to the nation, and he and Rawat will take the credit. So, yes, the next CDS has a great incentive to go into the history books for having delivered the biggest reforms of the India Military since Independence. Even, the armchair media ex- generals might not be as harsh to the next CDS w.r.t reforms, as they were to Rawat..

DivineLight

Is a CCS meeting normal after such an incident. ? I am asking because an accident does not require a high level meeting which is going to be attended by Doval also.
It's serious security issue. If CDS is not safe, none of them are.
btw @ezsasa stop deleting my post. Can't I grieve about BiRa in this thread?
That's so immature.

captscooby81

Country flag
come on don't underestimate western ghats , Few years ago when i was in holiday to munnar i got stunned to see fog in 2 km and complete sun light on another side . weather in any mountain is always dangerous. Yes its small error of judgement about weather which turned tragic for the nation.

Very difficult to digest that top rated pilots could have made a costly mistake on a relatively milder south indian hill terrain, nowhere near as challenging like the himalayas/NE terrain. The quick changing fog might have caught them out. All that is left to do now is to find out the root cause and learn lessons from the gruesome accident. Which iam sure the AF will do very professionally.

RIP.

doreamon

Country flag
As some members were commenting . Both are pro reform

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Rawat was the architect of the theater commands. He was made CDS only for that reason - to see those plans to completion. If you think theater commands now won’t be delayed by years, you are not reading the strategic scene right. Or, are you saying the death of Rawat won’t affect our strategic posture vis-a-vis PLA? There is a reason some people are put in specific positions and Rawat was one of those. This is a tremendous setback for National Security for sure. Integration of armed forces was always problematic and Rawat championed integratio. Very untimely demise.
Yes untimely indeed , but what @Covefefe said stands true .

Global Defence

New threads

Articles