IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

Roshan

Country flag
What a horrendous comment......The only people who do not pledge allegiance to the Indian constitution are the anti state people,insurgents and separatists.
You have basically insulted thousands of servicemen who sacrificed or put their lives in crossfire.
Constitution exists for the people, not the other way round. It is not some holy book which has to be upheld as sacrosanct under any scenario come what may.

Not saying that separatists and terorists don't fall foul of it but despite that the point stands. A means to an end is not to be confused with the end itself.

Vayuputra

Country flag
is this your own thought, or you picked it from somewhere?
My own thought,
What a horrendous comment......The only people who do not pledge allegiance to the Indian constitution are the anti state people,insurgents and separatists.
You have basically insulted thousands of servicemen who sacrificed or put their lives in crossfire.
I have my own reasons to believe,

Super falcon

Country flag
Gen Navarane has better chance to be next CDS

have ro say first time any pak praised bipin rawat and his vision on youtube very bias i like atleast we agree what truth

captscooby81

Country flag
CoaS will superannuate in April , Lt Gen Mohanty and Joshi both superannuate before him in January . If CoaS gets promoted to CDS then Both VCoaS and GoC NC gets a shot at CoaS . If they don't want to make another olive green CDS then they will wait for 5 months and make current CNS as next CDS .

About the delay in appointment for cds , I think they are waiting for LtGen Mohanty's retirement.

captscooby81

Country flag
Because Gen Rawat served extensively in Africa under UN where he and current paki army chief both worked together . Even his first interview after becoming army chief he clearly mentioned this camaraderie between them both . But then never take paki respect on face value we know how much they hate kaffir indian

A very humble respected even from pak for CDS BIPIN RAWAT

gbarik5

Country flag
CoaS will superannuate in April , Lt Gen Mohanty and Joshi both superannuate before him in January . If CoaS gets promoted to CDS then Both VCoaS and GoC NC gets a shot at CoaS . If they don't want to make another olive green CDS then they will wait for 5 months and make current CNS as next CDS .
It is understood that someone from army is more preferable than ⚓ for the cds post so they want to delay and go on with the system that has been going on before the CDS.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Given how our airforce has tried to obstruct some reforms by former CDS ,it will be good if new CDs is from the army instead of air force and navy.
Army is largest among the three anyway , plus they are ones who will fight enemy face to face and actualy capture land .so air force role is to support them and protect them from adversary air force.
Just by two paisas

Super falcon

Country flag
Given how our airforce has tried to obstruct some reforms by former CDS ,it will be good if new CDs is from the army instead of air force and navy.
Army is largest among the three anyway , plus they are ones who will fight enemy face to face and actualy capture land .so air force role is to support them and protect them from adversary air force.
Just by two paisas
Very well analyzed

Abtron3

Country flag
Just by two paisas
Next CDS must be from army after him post should go to navy and than last to Air Force.

current trends from air Force shows there lack of commitment to Integrated theater command.

Sabotage Chances by IAF are very high.
If CDS post go to air Force after IAF helicopter crash then be ready for another kind of uproar. it will going to look like a reward.

Indrajit

Country flag
never trust an army man who pledges allegiance to the constitution, general narvane was the one who pledged, such people are darling for foreign masters and can never be trusted,

Our Constitution is not perfect it is flawed as well , and these flaws are exploited by these separatists in the name of freedom of speech and human rights.
A general should not get underpinned in any scenario where a certain article of constitution can become a chance for seperatists to create buzz, A general should be unfazed , just like when rawat sir was COAS, major Leetul Gogoi got the 'commendation card' for the Human Shield incident. The human rights and saviours of constitution created a lot of buzz about it , but Gen Rawat Sir was unfazed.

Our Army will always be an instrument of the state's will - this is pretty much the DNA of our army, but Army should strongly enforce things which promotes the national security standpoint even if it is in violation of Constitution from the view of Separatists and LW as these people are just there to exploit the flaws of our constitution.
This is weird. If army officers don't pledge allegiance to the constitution, what should they pledge to?

"I, ……………………………………… do swear in the name in the name of GOD/solemnly affirm that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of India as by the law established and that I will, as in duty bound, honesty and faithfully serve in the regular Army of the Union of India and go wherever ordered by land, sea or air, and that I will observe and obey all commands of the President of the Union of India and the commands of any officer set over me even to the peril of my life."

sorcerer

Country flag
VVIP flying protocols will change: IAF chief
By

4-5 minutes

• “The VVIP protocols to fly will be reviewed. The review will be based on the findings of the court of inquiry into the crash,” the IAF chief said on the sidelines of a graduation parade at the Air Force Academy in Dundigal near Hyderabad.

oh well!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles