Has the CIA already stolen India's Aadhaar database?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Back then dose not means in 90's. Earlier to 2010 I was very active. Now I don't have time to invest into it but that doesn't means I am out of sync. Things were pretty much same. What we see in India today were all available in Western countries back then be it Android phones, wi- fi etc.
And btw ..those who are really into all these stuff know the tricks of the trade to protect themselves. I personally used to change my Mac address and used a VPN always. Few other things that I did may be considered ilegal so can't discuss here but even if I did some pretty bad stuff the law would end up knocking at someone else doors in some other state.
Still doesn't negate the fact that even average citizen has right to be concerned about what the gov does with his private information.

Mangal

Country flag
Normal guy still can't protect itself over internet no matter how careful he/she is. Forget VPN, with few tricks someone can be traced even if he/she is using Tor. Today majority of VPN providers log IP addresses. And many are run by USA gov itself worldwide, so VPN can't be trusted.
TOR has always been considered a trap by the hacking community. But there were few good VPN service providers whose servers were located in some European country. I don't remember the name of the country but it was considered good among the group members. So basically TOR was for what we called noobs who were new and trying to learn things.

airtel

Country flag

Mangal

Country flag
Still doesn't negate the fact that even average citizen has right to be concerned about what the gov does with his private information.
As I said why would I be worried if I don't have anything to hide. As simple as that. But if I am planning a blast and purchasing plastic explosives for it, or learning making parcel bomb over dark web thats when I want my right to privacy protected. You know just in case. Trust me.

Khagesh

Your knowledge about US hackers and Russian hackers is impressive. You people are all so cool and dandy about hackiing a stupid computer but you don't feel like threatened when it involves hacking the minds of a large majority of people. Large enough to change strategies and justify national suicides.

Is Sant Baba Ram Rahim Singh ji Insan the only one who commands respect and awe based on lies?
Is there nobody else in India who is trying to sugar coat lies?

India has already seen times where the whole country gave huge majorities to some specific politicians for whatever reasons and then later on the whole country went on to rue their fateful decisions to vote for their then favourites. Ain't that hacking? And is it not again happening? Or won't that happen again?

What is to say that the next time people will not begin to feel like cheated. What will they do then? Won't the foreigners (CIA or Chinese intel) require that digitized data at that time?

And with so many foreigners running after so much data will they be relying only on the data being handed over by govt. of India. BTW wasn't the UIDAI data supposed to be handled by entities related to Google.

Mangal

Country flag
Hackers from 90"s consider Facebook and other social networking website as boon for modern day hackers. They rue the fact that it was not available back then in 80's and 90's when one could hack some one just by using telnet ( or command prompt). They have made social engineering attacks much easier. So should people stop using FB?

airtel

Country flag
Your knowledge about US hackers and Russian hackers is impressive. You people are all so cool and dandy about hackiing a stupid computer but you don't feel like threatened when it involves hacking the minds of a large majority of people. Large enough to change strategies and justify national suicides.

Is Sant Baba Ram Rahim Singh ji Insan the only one who commands respect and awe based on lies?

India has already seen times where the whole country gave huge majorities to some specific politicians for whatever reasons and then later on the whole country went on to rue their fateful decisions to vote for their then favourites. Ain't that hacking? And is it not again happening? Or won't that happen again?

What is to say that the next time people will not begin to feel like cheated. What will they do then? Won't the foreigners (CIA or Chinese intel) require that digitized data at that time?

And with so many foreigners running after so much data will they be relying only on the data being handed over by govt. of India. BTW wasn't the UIDAI data supposed to be handled by entities related to Google.

So what We can do ?? Even the EVM machines are hacked according to some persons ..............
If CIA / FSB/Mossad or anyone else controls Government & political parties in India ...............then what can we common people do ?

Bharat Ek Khoj

Why don't you go through 18 pages of discussion on Ram Rahim Singh before comparing irrelevant threads.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/gurmeet-ram-rahim-an-internal-security-perspective.79803/

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
As I said why would I be worried if I don't have anything to hide. As simple as that. But if I am planning a blast and purchasing plastic explosives for it, or learning making parcel bomb over dark web thats when I want my right to privacy protected. You know just in case. Trust me.
You're looking at it from a collective security perspective only.
There are other aspects to it.
1. Financial; a person with access to such large and well endowed database like Aadhaar has better chance of stealing my data.
2. Blackmail. Your private/sensitive data can be used by online gangs to blackmail and extort money.
3. Insurance scams; health data etc.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
So what We can do ?? Even the EVM machines are hacked according to some persons ..............
If CIA / FSB/Mossad or anyone else controls Government & political parties in India ...............then what can we common people do ?
Better not give them opportunities...

Bharat Ek Khoj

TOR has always been considered a trap by the hacking community. But there were few good VPN service providers whose servers were located in some European country. I don't remember the name of the country but it was considered good among the group members. So basically TOR was for what we called noobs who were new and trying to learn things.
Never heard Tor is a trap. For basic hacks VPN might be ok, but no european country will stand against USA if the hack/threat puts its security at risk.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Never heard Tor is a trap. For basic hacks VPN might be ok, but no european country will stand against USA if the hack/threat puts its security at risk.
Tor is being monitored vigorously by Intel agencies and police agencies, which is why it s considered a trap

Mangal

Country flag
You're looking at it from a collective security perspective only.
There are other aspects to it.
1. Financial; a person with access to such large and well endowed database like Aadhaar has better chance of stealing my data.
2. Blackmail. Your private/sensitive data can be used by online gangs to blackmail and extort money.
3. Insurance scams; health data etc.
The more important thing is the security of the data which the responsibility of the government rather than rejecting the system altogether. Progressive attitude should not be shunned because of issues that can be taken care of by putting in a better system in place.

Bharat Ek Khoj

Tor is being monitored vigorously by Intel agencies and police agencies, which is why it s considered a trap
Monitored how ? It has 3 layer security, while VPN has only 1. But I already said, even tor can be traced back. But its hard to see what user is doing over internet using Tor. There are operating systems specifically modified to run Tor securely.

Villager

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
CIA or any other foreign agency with complete access to Indian database. This isn't good for us. Maybe Aadhaar should be scrapped.

Khagesh

Why don't you go through 18 pages of discussion on Ram Rahim Singh before comparing irrelevant threads.
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/threads/gurmeet-ram-rahim-an-internal-security-perspective.79803/
Much of it is a lie.

You cannot for instance even find the reason for the movies he marketed and the timings of release of those movies and the stated collections of those movies.

You cannot even find the videos of the people who got shot because they threw a stone. (strangely enough quite unlike the Kashmir where throwing stones for ages evokes only stone catapults). You will not find the police beating up the peaceful type of supporters (the same police that ran away during jat andolan). You will not find the police treating Baba Ram Rahim with honour deserved to honest people. BTW these videos are there on whatapp. I received them this morning and forwarded them to a few others. Why didn't the IT cells of various political parties not forward these videos to their respective supporters? How can you claim to run 18 pages of discussion and not have these videos posted?

Why do you want me there. There is nothing for me to add there.

Just now I went to that thread and they are discussing Dalit quotient of Jats and Madhuri Dixit ka thumka. Really man why do you want me there?

Last edited:

Mangal

Country flag
Monitored how ? It has 3 layer security, while VPN has only 1. But I already said, even tor can be traced back. But its hard to see what user is doing over internet using Tor. There are operating systems specifically modified to run Tor securely.
The word has it that the entire system is rigged to monitor people using it. Like honey trap. So all the three layer security stuff may be a mirage.

Khagesh

So what We can do ??
Satyameva jayate. We can pick the truth first of all. Doing that merely for ourselves will be a great beginning. And whatever is well begun is half done. And the other half will get done exactly the same way. And finally all's well that ends well. So make a start.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles