HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Adux

Country flag
Special needs prefect strikes again, he imagines an attack Heli willl fly nose down ( you know that scene from rambo mi -35), therefore in 'attack' mode' the heli would always be flying straight on top of the target or little further away with nose down looking, wow! aint he great.

If at all there is a blind spot because of the FLIR being on top of the nose rather than conventional position, then it is a great dis advantage, why?
In the era of manpads and non-line of sight weapons discharge, the new attack heli is supposed to hover and pop up using the cover of mountains and trees, not only fly straight with the damn nose down, everytime it has to track something.

The power of the attack heli, is to gather data, while staying in cover and coming out to discharge weapons. Some manufactures have come up with the idea of fitting the FLIR, RADAR (has its issues, vibrations) on top of the rotor shaft, to achieve that technique.

p2prada

Let me show you how easy and effective the cannons are. remember, unlike regulars ammos, cannons in gunship fire 20/30mm AP HE rounds. this rounds detonate like grenade upon impact. missiles are effective against fixed bunkers and infrastructures. missile can't do any good if your enemy are scattered all over the place. all gunships can easily carry upto 1100 rounds of ammo.

using HMS, pointing your canons and killing bad guys is piece of cake (even easier than video games).

per my opinion, cannons are far more effective against infantry and small vehicles compared to rockets.
I was referring to cannons on fighter aircraft. A gunship without a cannon is a fail.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Lol..LTE-TDD is actually poop. :D

Anyway will there be a Radar doom on the LCH like on the Apache? Because without that it would be quite incomparable to other attack choppers.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Anyway will there be a Radar doom on the LCH like on the Apache? Because without that it would be quite incomparable to other attack choppers.

Only AH-64 Long bow have one, MI-28N still in testing phase..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The Eurocopter Tiger and may be the Chinese one will also have. The newer generation ones are supposed to have Radars.
The dome on Tiger is not a radar but Optical sensor, Chinese are testing....

Only AH-64 Long bow have..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The dome on Tiger is not a radar but Optical sensor, Chinese are testing....

Only AH-64 Long bow have..
Wow, that guy Damian once made it sound like the LCH is shit because it is the only attack helicopter without a Radar. The annoying thing he is confident when he says such stuff even if you point out their errors. Anyway forget that.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal, i agree but just wondering if the Radar is a proposed element in the future versions!
Its good but again one can counter radar by radar warning receiver and radar jammer, these are not big to install on tanks..

Radar guided is good, One can fire and leave but the radar will keep guiding the Missile to target..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Its good but again one can counter radar by radar warning receiver and radar jammer, these are not big to install on tanks..

Radar guided is good, One can fire and leave but the radar will keep guiding the Missile to target..
Ya i know but it is also very cumbersome but the radar can also engage fighter aircrafts i think!

meanwhile the Helina does not need radars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Ya i know but it is also very cumbersome but the radar can also engage fighter aircrafts i think!

meanwhile the Helina does not need radars.

Hellfires are not deign to engage Aircraft there G limits are far lesser than dedicated A2A Missiles..

For Air targets, Heat seeking Missiles are use..

Last edited by a moderator:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Hellfires are not deign to engage Aircraft there G limits are far lesser than dedicated A2A Missiles..

For Air targets, Heat seeking Missiles are use..
I am not sure the Radar will play any roll which would be superior to the sights on other aircrafts. An attack chopper can not carry AoA long range missiles to engage a fighter either.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles