HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
India's Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is all set to begin a week of sea-level trials early tomorrow morning at Tambaram, on the outskirts of Chennai. A prototype of the LCH landed at Tambaram today along with a Mi-8 chase helicopter from the Yelahanka air force station. The trials which could stretch to ten days will include generic performance and handling at sea-level (Bangalore is at 3,000 feet above sea level), calibration of the LCH's air speed measurement system and measurement of forces in terms of stress on various components of the platform.

Livefist wishes the test team the very best for the week ahead!

Incidentally -- something big to look out for soon is the third prototype of the LCH, which my sources tell me will be the defining shape and configuration of the final LCH. I'm told it will look significantly different in terms of dimensions too.

FLASH! Light Combat Helicopter Sea-level Trials From Tomorrow

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Dont worry the Winglets will be modified to reduce RCS in Mk. II :dude:

What else I see are the hardpoints for weapon load :borat:

Last edited:

Patriot

Country flag
Dont worry the Winglets will be modified to reduce RCS in Mk. II :dude:

What else I see are the hardpoints for weapon load :borat:
Why HAL design team hasn't considered the retractable landing gear for the LCH? as it would have helped in reducing the RCS & improvment in aerodynamics significantly .

My knowledge is limited on the subject whether retractable landing gear mechanism may add to overall weight or not?? Request more info from experts. Thanks.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Why HAL design team hasn't considered the retractable landing gear for the LCH? as it would have helped in reducing the RCS & improvment in aerodynamics significantly .

My knowledge is limited on the subject whether retractable landing gear mechanism may add to overall weight or not?? Request more info from experts. Thanks.
I am no expert but as I think LCH as an armoured helicopter requires a crash worthy landing gear even after being hit from an enemy fire, a retractable landing gear might put the life of the pilot in jeopardy in case the hydraulic are destroyed in an enemy fire and LCH also do not have a bail out button, refer to A-10 CAS aircraft, even though it's wheels are retractable the aircraft is expected to be able to land in wheel up mode in case their is a hydraulic failure due to enemy fire hit, but A-10 have a bail out button while LCH dont and cannot land in retracted mode, anyways we can always expect an out of the box design for future experiment. And for a basic design a fixed landing gear is the answer.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Will this fly in the heat of deserts or fail like NAG sensors?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
That can be Dhruv..

There is not so much space in tandam seat arrangement..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles