HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Maybe the gimbal ball be fitted underneath, I always wanted it that way as landscape is the limit for the 23mm cannon not the sky, That can be beneficial for urban warfare.
I was talking about the edges, but you are right that ball should be underneath.

KS

Bye bye DFI
There must be some utilitarian issue with the rear fairings. Else I dont see why they would purposely modify it.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
After testing the TD-1 for sometime they thought it was needed for reason I dont knows.

They made a model showing the landing gear cover a while back.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Attack Helis never hover above the target, they fight from a standoff range at treetop altitude. What's the use of a downward looking gimbals? It should be forward & upward looking to detect ground & aerial targets.

Blackwater

Attack Helis never hover above the target, they fight from a standoff range at treetop altitude. What's the use of a downward looking gimbals? It should be forward & upward looking to detect ground & aerial targets.

thats the reason it is not inducted so far ans pass trials:pound::pound::pound:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The image of one old but proud Dhotiwala touching the hellicopter the best image so far

Last edited:

silicon3

Country flag
the fairing for the real wheel is it for stealth or to improve the flying charateristics?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
We can only know on TD-3, though there is a possibility that the cover is use to hide radar signature, DRDO is known to use Anti-Radar Coating Paint on LCA..

the fairing for the real wheel is it for stealth or to improve the flying charateristics?

rahulrds1

HAL Light Combat Helicopter[LCH] at Aero India 2013

Last edited by a moderator:

Defcon 1

Country flag
LCH TD-3 Standard Cockpit Mockup

The design of third prototype of LCH-TD3 is under final stages incorporating all the feedback from
development flight testing of other two prototypes: TD1 and TD2. In order to assess the impact of design changes on cockpit, a mockup has been fabricated and completed on January 16, 2013 at RWRDC. Specific features of TD-3 as compared to the earlier prototypes are : reduced cockpit length (226 mm) and height (60 mm), improved door configuration, vision optimization with modified perspex area, modified door locking and Jettison mechanism, modified rudder pedals for gunner and rationalized switches and switch panels. Nearly 50% of the parts and assemblies on the mockup have been built using Rapid Prototyping technology which enabled the build-up of the mockup within a time frame of three months. The mockup would be evaluated by HALpilots and customer pilots for ingress / egress and other ergonomic aspects.

The evaluation of the Cockpit Mockup was c o m m e n c e d i n presence of Shri P. S o u n d a r a r a j a n , MD(HC), Shri M.S. Srinath, ED(HC), Dr. M.Vijayakumar, Offg. G M ( R C ) a n d Gp.Capt.(Retd.) Hari Na i r f r om F l i g h t Operations (RW).

http://www.hal-india.com/HAL-CONNECT/HAL-%20CONNECT%20-ISSUE%20-55.pdf

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles