HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Interesting seminar by the designers of Helina!

Last edited by a moderator:

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Jingo khush hua :D

..:: India Strategic ::.. India flies second LCH

HAL Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) Ashok Nayak told India Strategic in interviews at the Paris Air Show and New Delhi that the second aircraft was a "considerable improvement" over the first prototype as HAL and DRDO scientists had been able to achieve substantial weight reduction.

"Not only that, the human and weapons payload capacity of the rotorcraft had already been exceeded than the parameters mandated by the Indian Air Force (IAF)."
Mr Nayak said the second prototype was flown to a height of 1.5 km with an All Up Weight (AUW) of 4900 kgs. The parametres successfully tested by HAL test pilots included general handling, slow speed handling, basic Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS) checks, up to 1.5 km altitude and with 60 degree bank turns.
A few more prototypes and several more tests are scheduled before the LCH gets into the production line and becomes operational in about five years. The initial operational clearance (IOC) is however targeted to be achieved in 2013, Mr Nayak said adding that the IAF is actively involved in all stages of the aircraft testing and system approvals.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Certification time lines are bit disappointing. I was hoping for IOC by late 2012 and FOC by 2014.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Eurocopter can't carry 8X Hellfire II? Isn't max speed 315kph? That's not even getting into the other inaccuracies.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Eurocopter can't carry 8X Hellfire II? Isn't max speed 315kph? That's not even getting into the other inaccuracies.
Actually according to Eurocopter own specs, Combat support version has a max speed of 155 Knots (288 Km/ hr) while the multi-mission one will have 145 Knots (265 km/ hr).

The French Eurocopter HAD and Australian Eurocopter ARH versions are able to fire Hellfire II missiles. The French HAP or the German UHT will not have the Hellfire firing capabilities.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Am gonna SUE DFI for that ...:lol:
Yep saw this in another forum too. But I still want to know what avionics this beast will carry. And i think the cockpit must be modified a little more. Looks too cramped.

Pandora

Country flag
The other Forums are PDF and IDF posted by me however someone else posted here before i post bro :lol:Didn't know i got fan follower too ...

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
The other Forums are PDF and IDF posted by me however someone else posted here before i post bro :lol:Didn't know i got fan follower too ...
Well not fan follower to be exact...i post in PDF too

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Actually according to Eurocopter own specs, Combat support version has a max speed of 155 Knots (288 Km/ hr) while the multi-mission one will have 145 Knots (265 km/ hr).
Those speeds are at MTOW, not maximum.

The French Eurocopter HAD and Australian Eurocopter ARH versions are able to fire Hellfire II missiles. The French HAP or the German UHT will not have the Hellfire firing capabilities.
France is upgrading its HAP to HAD so I will stick with the most heavily armed version. 8X Hellfire II, 4X Mistral IR and a 30mm Giat.

Pandora

Country flag
Guys!!!!Let me be very clear that i made this table ,what i found from different sources .Please ignore if some specs are different as there is still so much confusion specially in case of Tiger and WZ 10.. :namaste:

Last edited:

Pandora

Country flag
BTW if you want me to make similar kinda table thing for tanks ,aircraft's etc.Feel free to let me know

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its good enough....

The first prototype was meant to test the aerodynamics
The second is used for Weapon integration and Avionics..
The third will be refined of both..

I have seen its vid on net, The cockpit is good and comfortable..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles