HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

cyclops

Country flag
Turkey lobbied now way lch is inferior to t129
T129 costs 50Million dollars
Lch is way less than that almost half.. turkey has also lobbied for drone sells..
Maybe, and/or maybe we still don't have the Saab EW Suite in our Prachands making it an incomplete system, that would otherwise dominate the Mangustas.

idas-integrated-defensive-aids-suites (1)_page-0003.jpg

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Maybe, and/or maybe we still don't have the Saab EW Suite in our Prachands making it an incomplete system, that would otherwise dominate the Mangustas.

View attachment 236114
CASDIC lab of Drdo has already MAWS (UV based) for lch. Which is also lwr.
The rwr is also developed by drdo for lch.. not sure abt dircm ,who will supply it ?? Chaff & flares are also indigeneous
Hal rudra has saab ew but the hal did not choose to import for initial 15 lch delivered (will be fitted later)& 156 ordered will be fitted with indigeneous ew later..

Last edited:

johnj

That dual colour MAWS is made by CASDIC lab.. I heard lch will have only UV based MAWS and not dual colour..
Till date i'm unable to find any UV MAWS from drdo
From new articles DRDO only started development of maws for lch this year

Satish Sharma

Country flag
View attachment 236195
Currently msws use rwr & dc-maws or rwr only, old tech
LCA mk2 comes with new gen s/m with fusion capabilities
This thread is of lch prachand,, I will conclude that lch uses MAWS developed by CASDIC it is only UV based might be because of space issue of equipments..
Tejas mk2 may have distributed apperture systems Tejas mk2 will posses alot of amca developed tech ,for amca drdo has began its development..
MAWS(IR)+MSWS(rf/UV...) and DAS are kind of similar they overlap each other's capabilities... MSWS is desi spectra.

johnj

This thread is of lch prachand,, I will conclude that lch uses MAWS developed by CASDIC it is only UV based might be because of space issue of equipments..
Tejas mk2 may have distributed apperture systems Tejas mk2 will posses alot of amca developed tech ,for amca drdo has began its development..
MAWS(IR)+MSWS(rf/UV...) and DAS are kind of similar they overlap each other's capabilities... MSWS is desi spectra.
You confused with two tech. sensors and entire system
dc maws is a part of msws
MSWS is more lile mc with data bus and maws is a i/p unit connected to data bus
Mk2 lacks das

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Mk2 lacks das
Yes but my point was lch uses only UV based MAWS that's it . Lch has nothing to do with this other tech.
And also I said it does not use that dual colour MAWS.. instead only UV BASED

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Mk2 lacks das
There is no das developed it's just speculation that if it's is going to to be developed for amca and mk2 is going to have alot of amca technologies.. also EOTS could be there.. if it is developed for amca..iaf chief has said mk2 is going to be testbed for many amca technologies..

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Mk2 lacks das
You're confused actually MAWS(it's 6 ir based system & dual band for less false alarm) & MSWS(rf/UV/LWR ) are not same system. Su30mki got only MAWS it had only 4 ir sensors...
The UV tech of MSWS is used in LCH prachand I guess. Or may be it will have IR MAWS as well.
But I have heard it has UV based...
You're correlating it with spectra as it's RWR, IR sensor, Rf sensors,ew jammers are one system and have quite good sensor fusion.. whereas MSWS also works seamlessly with ASPJ pod to jam enemy.. DCMAWS has nothing to do with this..

johnj

You're confused actually MAWS(it's 6 ir based system & dual band for less false alarm) & MSWS(rf/UV/LWR ) are not same system. Su30mki got only MAWS it had only 4 ir sensors...
The UV tech of MSWS is used in LCH prachand I guess. Or may be it will have IR MAWS as well.
You're correlating it with spectra as it's RWR, IR sensor, Rf sensors,ew jammers are one system and have quite good sensor fusion.. whereas MSWS also works seamlessly with ASPJ pod to jam enemy.. DCMAWS has nothing to do with this..
In that case none of IAF aircraft using MSWS & EW suite for lch still under early stages, and yet to showcase td or pt and dc maws used in mki & mi17

johnj

In that case none of IAF aircraft using MSWS & EW suite for lch still under early stages, and yet to showcase td or pt and dc maws used in mki & mi17 -
Correction, MSWS is used in netra

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles