HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

pmaitra

I see nothing wrong with the image or camo.
You are absolutely right in your assesment.

I just feel that for an expo, such camos only make things look boring.

I'd rather go with camos that make things look attractive in an event like an Air Show.

Some examples of perfect-for-show but inappropriate-for-combat liveries:

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Ouch! Some of these look like painted prostitutes ... I would rather have the digital camo.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

If they liked digital camo so much better do with light and dark gray..
Agreed. I don't know what was on the mind when designing this pattern. It's digital in having defined geometric shapes, but each of those shapes are too small. From a distance, it will look more "woodland" camo, with no real advantages of digital camo.

JBH22

The digital camo makes it highly improbable for thermal devices to see it but still its fugly

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The digital camo makes it highly improbable for thermal devices to see it but still its fugly
The person is 100% misunderstood what DRDO officials said..

LCH produce heat exhaust just like any helo, that is what we see in thermal, It have nothing to do with Camo..

DRDO use of Digital camo is cool and should be on Armored vehicles, Just the color combination needed to be a bit different..

Woodland, and green vegetation

For Simple Desert..

You are absolutely right in your assesment.
Correct..

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
guys if you see this pic it is good time to start Advance Light combat helicopter (ALCH) it should have radar evading structure.

Shot at 2011-03-10

Anshu Attri

Country flag
Indian Air Force Orders 65 HAL Light Combat Helicopters for USD 1.4 billion

http://www.india-defence.com/reports-5067

The Indian Air Force recently announced that it will purchase 65 indigenously-designed attack helicopters in a deal worth $1.4 billion, according to a report in Defense News.

The Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), are produced by state-owned Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). According to the report the 5.5-ton aircraft can be loaded with a variety of advanced weapons, including air-to-air missiles, anti-radiation missiles, cluster bombs, and laser-guided munitions.

The LCH has also been designed to operate at high altitudes - as high as 18,000 feet - so that it may be utilized in operations in the country's north and in Kashmir, DN reported.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
this is good number to start with, since it is flying tank, IA should order it in good numbers.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
I think that the INDIAN ARMY must go for LCH rather than the APACHES. Indeginious equipment is more cheaper and more safer and also more reliable as we can get the spares very easily when the spares are required very urgently when we face a war.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Pardon me for the naive question, if its an indegenous development and consumption then why is the transaction mentioned in USD?
Good news though.

Regards,
Virendra

Patriot

Country flag
Decision on Apache is still not taken, the trial report is yet to come.

I strongly agree with Saya Sir that it is high time to launch the Advanced stealth version of the LCH in the line of Camanche project of U.S. IA should propose the need for the same & work out the specifications desired.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
66 is just a token number like 124 order for arjun mbt.the iaf must order at least
150 lch and the army should order around 500.also the hal should come-up with a marine version for navy and coast guard.the paramilitary forces can also be equiped with the same.

Global Defence

Articles