HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Me believes this is purley PR. LCH right now is just an airframe. Yet to see any kind of weapons and most importantly sensors.

I wonder how was LCH was handed over without Saab self protection suites. At high altitudes, heli will be turkey shoot for manpads.

At max they might be used for recon :sad::sad:
At High Altitudes, helicopters should worry about en fighter aircraft.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Completely useless against fighter aircraft. It's not the missile but the helicopters limitations to stay on trail.
But it has got that .
I don't know if it helps against fighters.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Do y’all think it’s feasible for a Mk2 version of LCH to be made into something like this with FBW and internal storage of weapons and re designed landing gear?
Developing manned gunships in the next decade would become an obsolete practise unless we are an invasive/expeditionary force. We need to understand that India will never be an expeditionary power even when we become #1 on earth somewhere down the line in the future.

It would be prudent to focus on directing those funds towards:
  1. Improving AI programming for better & more autonomous aircraft management
  2. R&D advanced materials to make lighter, stronger UCAVs that can carry heavier payloads
  3. Improve jamming/counter-jamming abilities as well as counter cyberattacks to ensure maximum retention of control on UCAVs in the battlefields of the future.
While the US says that its next generation of helos will be manned and unmanned, they have a big commercial incentive - massive exports. It is evident from current defense plans that we won't be competing for exports for the next 3 decades against the US.

So it would be best for us to prioritize Ghatak Mk1, Mk2, etc. over MCH & HCHs.

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
:rofl:

Come on! This is how all ministers handover stuff to the services. You weren't expecting him to do a fly around in the LCH were you?
No, although that would be hilarious. But still wanted to see all the LCH actually standing behind them in their Tipnis Grey.

Anyways, lets wait for the induction ceremony. I'll get my wish then.

Angel of War

Country flag
LCH is one beautiful bird and the best in it's class . Although i believe that it is still going to fly without teeth since Helina has not been inducted by the army and air force yet . Any one got any latest news regarding Helina/Dhruvastra ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles