HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Pata nahi chal raha ki hase ya roye...Its one of the sexiest design i have ever seen in attack helis on the other hand only 15 nos in order..seems like army and airforce dosent want it...
Ha bhai,Apka point sahi hai.mai agree Katha hoo apke sath..I don't know Why army and Airforce is not ordering this helicopter in large quantity, it would be a force multiplyer for our Armed forces. I believe that Airforce is Waiting for army to give order first and than Airforce will buy it.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Pata nahi chal raha ki hase ya roye...Its one of the sexiest design i have ever seen in attack helis on the other hand only 15 nos in order..seems like army and airforce dosent want it...
Beauty & Sexy won't matter in war...

The 2 services are asking... where is the RWR, SPJ & MAWS?... 3 basic needs if this platform wishes to survive in war.

All HAL has is hopes & promises that we will do it... like they integrated the ATGM😑

Army thinks that the "Rudra" is a better investment & wants 60 more of the same... 75 already inducted & 25 on order.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

The 2 services are asking... where is the RWR, SPJ & MAWS?... 3 basic needs if this platform wishes to survive in war.

All HAL has is hopes & promises that we will do it... like they integrated the ATGM😑

Army thinks that the "Rudra" is a better investment & wants 60 more of the same... 75 already inducted & 25 on order.
So you mean LCH is Toothless!!!

abingdonboy

Country flag

Uhh I don't think it's HAL's issue, they have integrated the self defence suite on the Rudra without any issues

I don't think it's a case of HAL just not getting around to it yet, they've had LSP airframes flying for a few years even, this seems like the services are not playing ball, they aren't specifying what they want and then using that as an excuse not to order it.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Uhh I don't think it's HAL's issue, they have integrated the self defence suite on the Rudra without any issues

I don't think it's a case of HAL just not getting around to it yet, they've had LSP airframes flying for a few years even, this seems like the services are not playing ball, they aren't specifying what they want and then using that as an excuse not to order it.
Like I said, the good PM has to shove it down their throats. Rule out any import by putting gunships & associated weapons on the MoD Negative Import List.

They are using trademark delay tactics so that they can continue importing. The current air chief seems to be in the foreign pockets. I don't get good vibes from his opening address and body language.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I think there is no money left for LCH orders after orders and payments for Apache and Rafales and the Predators that will be ordered.
They can place orders and defer payments. HAL is still government entity and no government-to-government entity transaction gets complete in one go.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Like I said, the good PM has to shove it down their throats. Rule out any import by putting gunships & associated weapons on the MoD Negative Import List.

They are using trademark delay tactics so that they can continue importing. The current air chief seems to be in the foreign pockets. I don't get good vibes from his opening address and body language.
I doubt LCH is even on Modi's radar (ignore the pun), nor is it really appropriate for him to do such interventions. I have to ask where the defence minister is in all this, his job should be to boost Indian defence industry but he seems to be MIA 99% of the time, you don't even see quotes from him in the media or any indication he pays attention to any of these matters.

Modi loosened the purse strings (increased discretionary funding and gave them large emergency budgets) and the services ran to import as fast as they could. The entire game is rigged against IDDM

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles