HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Lions Of Punjab

Country flag
LCH SET TO ACHIEVE FINAL CLEARANCE IN NOVEMBER

The 5.8 tonne indigenously designed and built multirole chopper is the only attack helicopter in the world that can operate at heights of 12,000 feet.
The indigenously designed and built Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is all set to achieve final clearance anytime this month. Following that, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will start serial production of the attack choppers. The 5.8 tonne multirole attack chopper is intended to play a major role in providing close air support to ground forces and is the only attack helicopter in the world that can operate at heights of 12,000 feet.
“Having completed all performance trails, final clearance is expected anytime soon from the Center for Military Airworthiness & Certification (CEMILAC) in Bangalore. After that we will integrate weapons and finalise configuration as per the requirements of the end users — the Army and Air Force,” a senior HAL official told The Hindu.
HAL already has a firm order for 65 from the Air Force and 114 from the Army. This number is expected to go up given the army’s plan to have attack helicopters embedded in all formations for close air support.
HAL officials explained that unlike fixed wing aircraft which need Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) and Final Operational Clearance (FOC), helicopters usually get a final clearance. The government had earlier informed Parliament that production plans for LCH have been made from 2017-18.
Light Utility Helicopter

HAL is scheduled to conduct the maiden flight of the under development Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) in December coinciding with the 75 year celebrations of the company.
“Efforts are on to have the first flight in December,” one defence official said. The 3.1 tonne single engine helicopter is powered by the Shakti engine which powers the Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) as well as the LCH and is intended to replace the ageing Cheetahs and Chetaks with the three services.
As per plan, HAL intends to build four prototypes by 2017 and start production by 2018. The Army and Air Force together have committed to purchase 187 LUHs.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...inal-clearance-in-november/article7850155.ece

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Yes, next November, not this one.

LCH has yet to do weapon trials.
LCH
Sorry just not sure of whats happening.
Were they not supposed to enter production phase in 2017 .

This way they wont be able to do that by 2019 even?

LUH
They were supposed to start testing it this year, have been hearing this for months now.
Whats hampering it?

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
LCH
Sorry just not sure of whats happening.
Were they not supposed to enter production phase in 2017 .

This way they wont be able to do that by 2019 even?

LUH
They were supposed to start testing it this year, have been hearing this for months now.
Whats hampering it?

Last time I heard TD4 was supposed to roll out and eventually all prototypes enter weapon trials. TD4 was supposed to fly I think in the beginning of this year, no clue of it's status.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-pape...final-clearance-this-month/article7848171.ece

LCH set to get final clearance this month

The indigenously designed and built Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) is set to achieve the final clearance any time this month. Thereafter, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will start the serial production of the attack helicopters.

“With all performance trails completed, the final clearance is expected any time soon from the Centre for Military Airworthiness & Certification (CEMILAC) in Bangalore. After that, we will integrate weapons and finalise the configuration as per the requirements of the end users: the Army and the Air Force,” said a senior official at HAL.

LCH is a 5.8-tonne, twin-engine armed helicopter, designed to operate at an altitude of 10,000-12,000 feet. HAL already has a firm order for 65 from the Air Force and 114 from the Army.

This number is expected to go up, given the Army’s plan to have attack helicopters embedded in all formations for close air support. The government had earlier informed Parliament that it was planned to make LCH from 2017-18.

HAL officials said that unlike fixed-wing aircraft which need Initial Operational Clearance (IOC) and Final Operational Clearance (FOC), helicopters usually get the final clearance.

HAL will conduct the maiden flight of Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) in December, coinciding with the company’s 75th year celebrations.

“Efforts are on to have the first flight in December,” one defence official said. The single-engine helicopter, weighing 3.1 tonnes, is powered by the Shakti engine which powers Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) and is meant to replace the ageing Cheetah and Chetak fleets operated by the three services. HAL intends to build four prototypes by 2017 and start production by 2018.

The Army and the Air Force have committed themselves to buying 187 LUHs.

Given the critical need for utility helicopters, India has recently selected the Russian Kamov 226T helicopter, more than 200 of which will be made in India. The deal is expected to be signed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Russia in December.

:balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::balleballe::hippo::hippo::hippo:
It would be nice if we could see some foreign contracts to buy the LCH. Maybe Afghanistan Air Force would be interested due to their current state of attack helicopters that are barely flying. But the cost might be an issue for them. Maybe we can extend a credit line?

Pulkit

Country flag
Last time I heard TD4 was supposed to roll out and eventually all prototypes enter weapon trials. TD4 was supposed to fly I think in the beginning of this year, no clue of it's status.
No inside news on it????
These people are messing up with the security of our nation....
Make them stand in line and shoooot....

Yaar its been a while they had started testing LCH ......

It was promised to be done by this year end.... Now two months left.... WTF.....

Pulkit

Country flag
Wow Kim-Jong Un easy there..........................
Thanks but yes I believe they should be.
and thanks again for taking it literally I can understand that.

If shooting them will work others perform then lets do that.

They have no fear of punishment hence they can delay things.

They want all the hikes pay revision holidays but one should not expect anything in return.

Our taxes are being wasted and there is no accountability.

So yes you can call me names and make fun but if Shooting them make them work then lets do it.

If that is the punishment for delays then we should have conducted airstrikes on DRDO campuses.
I agree lets do that.........

They should be bombarded as to get things in order drastic measures need to be taken.....

You can laugh and make fun but remember this is going to cost us badly in the long run.

LCA Delayed
LCH Delayed
Arjun Delayed
LUH Delayed

List goes on and on whats left is "Delayed"... The question is why? because there babus do not want to move their AS***.....

tejas warrior

Country flag
Thanks but yes I believe they should be.
and thanks again for taking it literally I can understand that.

If shooting them will work others perform then lets do that.

They have no fear of punishment hence they can delay things.

They want all the hikes pay revision holidays but one should not expect anything in return.

Our taxes are being wasted and there is no accountability.

So yes you can call me names and make fun but if Shooting them make them work then lets do it.

I agree lets do that.........

They should be bombarded as to get things in order drastic measures need to be taken.....

You can laugh and make fun but remember this is going to cost us badly in the long run.

LCA Delayed
LCH Delayed
Arjun Delayed
LUH Delayed

List goes on and on whats left is "Delayed"... The question is why? because there babus do not want to move their AS***.....

Simple, No matter what - Job & pay is always secure.

Pulkit

Country flag
Simple, No matter what - Job & pay is always secure.
If the job is not done... They can book them under the section of corruption.
Stop their Pension .
If they do this everyone will work.

I heard some one say that they cannot be held accountable as the entire job is not done in one person command as the officers keep changing but a target can be set and everyone has to achieve it.

what happens today is ...
I am here only for an year ... What will happen in an year ??? Next person will do the job.....

We need to stop this.....

"Chalta hai" Attitude

Punya Pratap

Country flag
I had posted on the 1st of Aug in this thread that I saw LCH going through its paces at Jodhpur Airport. They really did give it a thorough work out. I also mentioned that the machine looked like new and could have been the TD4 but I m not sure. But what I do know that by July 31st the LCH had finished its Hot Hot Test (Temp were 45 + in Jodhpur then)

Pulkit

Country flag
I had posted on the 1st of Aug in this thread that I saw LCH going through its paces at Jodhpur Airport. They really did give it a thorough work out. I also mentioned that the machine looked like new and could have been the TD4 but I m not sure. But what I do know that by July 31st the LCH had finished its Hot Hot Test (Temp were 45 + in Jodhpur then)
Is there any information on upcoming schedule?
Any time lines anything?

Adioz

No inside news on it????
These people are messing up with the security of our nation....
Make them stand in line and shoooot....
Shooooot what? Are you saying that we execute them or that we take them to a firing range and ask them to shoot targets downrange with a crappy INSAS rifle?o_O

I understand that you are frustrated. We all agree that the delays can be prevented if the DRDO chaps become more proactive.
But the problem is not the DRDO guys. Its an organisational flaw. If you fit leather recliners behind their desks, they are not likely to work hard. If you put nails on the backrest of their chairs, they will.
We need to give clear incentives and bonuses to them and remove the crappy "Government job = 1000% job security no matter how hard you f*** up" clause.

That is not all. We need better synergy between the forces and DRDO. We also need to motivate them by somehow bringing private players into the picture.
Think about it. How much load does the US equivalent of DRDO : DARPA bear? It has a meager 240 employees.
The majority of its systems are created by Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman and the likes.

Sure we could have them face the firing squad, but who then will take their place?
Kim-Jong Un tactics will hurt the nation as collateral damage.

Pulkit

Country flag
Shooooot what? Are you saying that we execute them or that we take them to a firing range and ask them to shoot targets downrange with a crappy INSAS rifle?o_O

I understand that you are frustrated. We all agree that the delays can be prevented if the DRDO chaps become more proactive.
But the problem is not the DRDO guys. Its an organisational flaw. If you fit leather recliners behind their desks, they are not likely to work hard. If you put nails on the backrest of their chairs, they will.
We need to give clear incentives and bonuses to them and remove the crappy "Government job = 1000% job security no matter how hard you f*** up" clause.

That is not all. We need better synergy between the forces and DRDO. We also need to motivate them by somehow bringing private players into the picture.
Think about it. How much load does the US equivalent of DRDO : DARPA bear? It has a meager 240 employees.
The majority of its systems are created by Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grumman and the likes.

Sure we could have them face the firing squad, but who then will take their place?
Read #1270 and #1272

30 characters

Adioz

Read #1270 and #1272

30 characters
Problem is not the DRDO guys. Its an organisational flaw.
We need to give
clear incentives and bonuses to them and remove the crappy "Government job = 1000% job security no matter how hard you f*** up" clause.

Pulkit

Country flag
Problem is not the DRDO guys. Its an organisational flaw.
It is the DRDO Guys .... Even you are talking about making them feel insecure and fear of loosing all the advantages they have....

getting work done with the fear of getting x ed is not the ideal scenario but they (DRDO ADA HAL Guys) have left no option.

As I have said before put them in front of the firing squad( clarifying firing from job for non performance) Stop there pension and withdraw all awards if awarded from them.....

PROBLEM IS WITH THE DRDO GUYS WHY CAN THEY NOT PERFORM ON THERE ON?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles