HAL Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
^^Thanks for keeping us abreast but I will wait till the complete report comes out before passing out judgement. I will not be surprised if decision comes against HAL. This is all part and parcel of life.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
The whole acquisition process is coming under fire. The Comptroller General has alot of questions to answer and widespread audits are soon to follow. So check yourself.
I already said "whats wrong in it?". Let the audit go......On old engine issue. Well it's all upto Ecuadorians to decide weather to keep or to return. If they have money to buy 30% costlier chopper bundled with performance penalties, then let it be. After all it's their money. However supplying old parts to meet deadline is not a new thing in military world. I had read some reports saying that FAE had discussed this issue with HAL and chill before crash shows they were satisfied with reply. In end, i'll say again, wait for official report to come...................After speaking these lines, i wonder where there is need to check my self.

sandeepdg

Those pilots must have been high on dope...after all that is one of their major industries and biggest exports.Damn those Latinos !:wink:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dude, the dopers are from Columbia not Ecuador.

ZOOM

Founding Member
Several spectators and journalists witnessed smoke before the crash which was not included on the video. This little media report was overlooked by HAL. HAL representatives in Ecuador already acknowledged the engines were not 2008 as reported by media. Comptroller General has already been called to prosecute an immediate audit of the acquisition as reported by media. If you want to ignore the media coming out of Ecuador, then you might as well stick your fingers in your ears and hum a few bars of your favourite tune. That is in essence what you are doing. I am only trying to keep you abreast of what is going on in Ecuador as that is the only venue the final verdict will matter. This is the last I will post in this thread until it does. I have been dealing with these sorts of contract disputes for a long time. Don't be suprised when the final decision doesn't come out in your favour. :bye:
None of the little Media reports were overlooked by HAL. Since smoke before crash doesn't in anyway can become a noteworthy reason for crash. In aviation history, many aircrafts and helicopters high in the mid-air after suffering major failures including smokes, fire, mechnical failure, those stricken aircrafts manage to land safely with all its occupants.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
LIVEFIST-Dhruv Crash Update Part-6

The Ecuadorian government has decided to formally constitute a new investigation board into the October 23 Dhruv crash. The new board will officially include the three-member expert team from HAL that landed in the country on October 31 -- up until now, they were providing outside consultancy and analysis to the first Board that was comprised only of Ecuadorian personnel. In the next one week, one or two Board members from the Ecuadorian side and one of the Board members from HAL will bring the Dhruv's flight data recorder and cockpit voice recorder to Bangalore, where the data will be downloaded and analysed jointly. HAL has already made preparations to receive and analyse the data at Bangalore. An officer from the IAF's Aircraft & Systems Testing Establishment (ASTE) will also be roped in for the analysis.

Incidentally, according to the latest update I recieved today from my sources in Ecuador today, the HAL team had an opportunity to visit the crash site yesterday (November 1) and were also taken to inspect the crashed Dhruv. Apart from this, video footage and still photographs of the crash and the Dhruv were shared with the team.

The prima facie overview conducted by the HAL team over the last two days, incidentally, has virtually confirmed the Cyclic Saturation theory that I reported here two days ago. The three Dhruv were flying at 60-metres in a line-astern formation directly above the runway on October 27 during the military day parade. It had planned that the three-Dhruv formation would break to the left, with a three-second gap between them, after passing the parade to starboard. FAE-604, the ill-fated chopper, was in the middle position. After the lead helicopter had executed its turn, FAE-604 began its turn after the agreed gap of three seconds. During the turn, according to my sources, the middle Dhruv entered the wake of the lead helicopter, thereby effectively forcing it out of the turn. When the pilot of FAE-604 attempted to get his Dhruv back into position, he appears to have exerted excessive bank to left, rolling in at a very high rate. This is precisely what, in all likelihood, caused the right cyclic saturation. And the 60-metre flying height gave the pilots no time to recover.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
LIVEFIST-Dhruv Crash Update Part-6

It doesn't get more ironic than this. The HAL team in Ecuador and India's Ambassador to Ecuador, have sent urgent word to HAL Headquarters in Bangalore that there needs to be an urgent and committed effort to engage the press in Ecuador and supply them with information and/or rejoinders regarding the free-for-all and sometimes inaccurate coverage that is sweeping the country's newspapers and television news stations over the October 27 ALH Dhruv crash. But here's the thumping and ironic clincher. Defence Ministry sources have revealed to LiveFist that HAL's full-fledged communications and press relations department in Bangalore, which was set up in 2006 as part of HAL's "opening up" effort, is being shut down. Poof. By the middle of this month, HAL will have no spokesperson, or any public relations staff whatsoever. HAL's fortnightly in-house newspaper Minsk Square Matters which is currently in its 85th issue, which debuted under former chairman Ashok Baweja, will no longer be produced, and nor will the organisation's magazine The Plane. So this explains why HAL has been constrained from issuing any statements about the crash, apart from the vague corporate statement three days after the crash.

A reminder communique sent by the Indian Embassy in Ecuador to its Headquarters in Bangalore today has pointed out that without clearance to release information/rejoinders, they cannot possibly engage the local press (as they are being constantly urged to do by Ambassador Bhojwani). With inquiries pouring in from local journalists to the HAL team in Ecuador for interviews and access to authentic information, and with their hands tied, the press has -- not unreasonably -- drawn the conclusion that HAL has something to hide. A worse situation, as far as perceptions are concerned, cannot be imagined.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
IMO, there is a dead need for a dedicated agency to take care of every aspect(media propaganda, counter propaganda and even kick-backs) of military export form India.

s_bman

IMO, there is a dead need for a dedicated agency to take care of every aspect(media propaganda, counter propaganda and even kick-backs) of military export form India.

one should learn this art from yankees.............they go on all out "sales war" print media , television , defence ministry , military all are taken care of. we made a small dent in aviation export and not backing it up 100% ............we got a big problem

StealthSniper

If you stand back and look at the situation, this accident has brung out the worst in people. Facts are facts and if you think of how new the aircraft is and how it's in the only helicopter aerobatics team in the world, and also how it's been used in rugged terrain by the Indian armed forces then one accident which might not be because of the helicopter is very good safety record.

Also even when the poor Dhruv crashed the pilots walked away from the accident. For me I am proud of this helicopter and I think HAL did a good job with it.

Chota

Is it true that HAL Dhruv cannot fly above 5000 metres as its basic empty weight (BEW) is overweight by 100 Kgs even after using Shakti engine?

If HAL is unable to overcome 100Kg weight what about the task of reducing 250 kg of extra weight from LCH. It is a tall task indeed for HAL

ppgj

Is it true that HAL Dhruv cannot fly above 5000 metres as its basic empty weight (BEW) is overweight by 100 Kgs even after using Shakti engine?
it operates successfully at siachen glacier at above 5700 mtrs.

Vladimir79

Professional
HAL will Prosecute those who question Dhruv purchase

No engine change

Juan Cortez, representative of the Indian company, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in Ecuador, denied yesterday that Dhruv helicopters are not capable of flying in Ecuador and said the ships were in "perfect condition" to operate.

Cortez said that the company will sue those who questioned the purchase of seven Dhruv helicopters conducted a year ago by the Ecuadorian Air Force (FAE).

The defendants said Assemblyman Fausto Cobo (PSP). For the year of manufacture of the engines of four of the five helicopters that were delivered in April, said that in the contract, specifying that it sought only FAE new helicopters. "It was noted in any of the terms of the contract, the year of manufacture of engines," he said.

The executive said the company did not breach the contract and explained that engines must be changed after 2 thousand flight hours. "At the moment these will not be changed," he said.

About the accident that one of the Dhruv suffered last Oct. 27, reported that technicians removed the HAL and voice recorders and data from ships, which will be reviewed by the Accident Investigation Board (IAEA).

Meanwhile, Defense Minister Javier Ponce, admitted yesterday that, in early September, he ordered an audit of the contract because it found that some helicopters did not meet the technical specifications set out therein. For his part, Rodrigo Bohorquez, commander of the SAF, blamed the National Defense Commission which negotiated the contract. (VYJ-MING)

HAL enjuiciará a quienes cuestionan compra Dhruv - Diario HOY|Noticias del Ecuador y del Mundo - Hoy Online

Who is running HAL's PR campaign??? This is lunacy.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I can't buy the reason why HAL closed it's PR specially when it's export is picking up.

khatarnak

dhruv is being blamed by equadorian media. thats right. but as we all know that the investigations are ongoing and no final conclusion is available yet.

we all have noticed that the equadorian govt has not taken a single action against HAl yet. they even had not spoken a single word against dhruv. it means that they are also not confirmed about the dhruv's malperformance.

on the contrary, in the first instance, even the chief of equadorin air force has officially said that it looked as a pilot error.

so, the balance in is HAL's favour BUT STILL, WE MUST WAIT UNTILL FINAL CONCUSION OF THE INVESTIGATION AND THEN THERE WILL BE A BLACK AND WHITE CLARITY. even if the final report would be a wrong and lacking truth, we wont be able to know the correct things.

we are just smoking our own theory and our own opinions, nothing else.

THE FACT IS THAT "DHRUV" IS A PROVEN HELI. IT IS WORKING VERY FINE AND PERFECTLY WITH INDIAN ARMED FORCES. IN ADDITION, IT IS BEING MATURED AND IMPROVED DAY-BY-DAY.

sandeepdg

Guys, how is weaponisation process of Dhruv progressing, any updates ? When are we inducting the combat version into out armed forces ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles