Forum Suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.A.T.A

I posted a new thread in the south asia board several hours ago,not to be seen yet.

A.V.

the thread is already approved if you cant see it then might be some other technical issue i will check now i can see the thread from my account
let me check

ppgj

post #155 is yet to be answered.
just to add more, the comment button added recently needs to be fine tuned in so far as finding them. if somebody posts a comment to a certain post (which may be in the middle of the thread or at the start), it is difficult to find it.
there should be a way when somebody clicks on a particular thread, if it is a comment, he/she should be taken to the that latest comment. something can be done please?

thanks.

A.V.

message box as of now has 'post quick reply' as the default option. many new members (like me, some time back) have difficulty finding the smilies and other options. hence -

1. it would be better if we keep the 'go advanced' as the default option as that will solve the problem for the new members and hence them complaining can be avoided.

2. even now i do not see some of the smiliees that many people use in the smilee options. can something be done to put all smiliees please as an option?

thanks.

sorry for the delayed response i missed replying to that
the reason for not changing the quick reply option is soon<a month or so > we will move to vb4 and a new interface where quick reply will have a new settings
then we will make the necessary changes

about the smileys we have 90-100 odd smileys most of the time you need to click on the smiley button repeatedly and everytime a new set comes up try doing that on the shoutbox smiley option you will get that

about the comments i told already that its not a vbulletin default option its what is provided by the modders or coders we do not have additional options to make changes also the comments are there to make off topic quotes so that the forum posts remain clean,concrete and to the point

sorry for my delayed response will certainly shift to a better or userfriendly interface

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Hi A.V. !!
It would be nice to have "My Own Posts" option in User CP, which may keep only the "Links" in the form of 'List' of the posts/threads one has posted in DFI, I too have difficulties in finding my own posts & threads like 'Jakojako'.Please consider...

A.V.

Hi A.V. !!
It would be nice to have "My Own Posts" option in User CP, which may keep only the "Links" in the form of 'List' of the posts/threads one has posted in DFI, I too have difficulties in finding my own posts & threads like 'Jakojako'.Please consider...
click on your username you will be taken to the visitor message wall there you will find many tabs one of them is titled STATISTICS next to about me click on that
there you will get an option find all posts by XXX click that and you get all your posts with links arranged as the most recent one on top
another way you can subscribe to threads via usercp in which case you will be notified of any reply via pm/email

hope this will help

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
We should have an option wherein we should be able to edit our "comments" as well.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Is this Forum becoming a China Forum ??

Hi AV,

Look I totally enjoy having non-Indian forum members from all over the world.

They certainly make this forum interesting and create an contentious debates, etc - which is all good.

But some guys keep creating new posts that really dont belong on an Indian Defense Forum. I understand that members have the latitude to talk about whatever they want, even non-defense issues.

But one would expect the moderators to make sure that some of these members do go to far off the track.

Like this guy ************.....he keeps creating new threads and posting stuff about China that no one here cares about ? If he wants to do that than he should do it on the China Defense Forum.

I humbly suggest you tell some of these guys that we dont want to turn this into site into a Chinese website.

A.V.

mattster good to learn that you enjoy DFI and hope you will enjoy it in the future too
just one request on the suggestions thread please avoid taking the name of other direct members you can pm the dfi management the name of the concerned person while keeping the post free from direct names

now onto your post its absolutely true what you have pointed out we give every member chance to open a new thread and discuss individual topic on a new threads many threads are with very few replies normally we merge them to related big threads in the future
regarding the nature of threads created its true that some very insignificant threads are created and rest assure the team does take action on this this is not the first time if you remember even earlier we had an incident of members creating threads related to dowry deaths and what not even then the dfi management tried to impress upon the need to create meaningful threads but it was of no effect to the said member and we had to take a final decision and stop that similar is the issue now regarding the said member the mod team constantly speaks we always want to give our members a fair chance and time failing which we have to take some other means of communication to put a stop

your concern regarding this matter is highly noted and we are already discussing the matter among the staff but we sincerely hope that members themselves use their own discretion we will continue to communicate the same to the concerned member with a bit more urgency and i hope that things will improve in the near future.

A.V.

message box as of now has 'post quick reply' as the default option. many new members (like me, some time back) have difficulty finding the smilies and other options. hence -

1. it would be better if we keep the 'go advanced' as the default option as that will solve the problem for the new members and hence them complaining can be avoided.

2. even now i do not see some of the smiliees that many people use in the smilee options. can something be done to put all smiliees please as an option?

thanks.

as you have asked for a smiley button is added to quick reply box click on that and you will get a pop up window of 100 of dfi smileys at the same place without any problem

i am sure you will like it and will make other members happy too

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Just an observation, isn't that scrolling text below the avatar a little redundant? Instead increase the avatar dimensions limit to 150 x 150 pixels with 1:1 aspect ratio?

A.V.

yes tarun willl try to place the scroll next to the flag also avatar size will be adjusted

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Hey AV i came across a site that can make coat of arms and it has a free CoA maker Apps i had an Idea and made one for IDF i shall post the Print screen latter but please do check out the Link Coa App

F-14

Global Defence Moderator

AV here is the print screen i promised

ppgj

right now before posting, the preview post option has boxes one under the other. it becomes difficult to check where the edit is needed. on the other hand if the boxes can be side by side and identical, it will easy and good for all. can it be done?

thanks.

A.V.

AV here is the print screen i promised
f-14 wait for a few days for the induction because we will shift to vb4 as soon as the trial is over there are new templates there and we will make the new skin and style with the logo
its very good thanks a lot

F-14

Global Defence Moderator

Here is a croped version

A.V.

right now before posting, the preview post option has boxes one under the other. it becomes difficult to check where the edit is needed. on the other hand if the boxes can be side by side and identical, it will easy and good for all. can it be done?

thanks.
the preview post box is a default vbulletin modification let me try if i can place the box next to each other
i will confirm it when done !

anoop_mig25

Country flag
queries section

can we have a separate query section where we an post short query which can be answered by informed person thanks
anoop:goodstuff::goodstuff:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles