Forum Suggestions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.A.T.A

There are currently two boards that are redundant,current affairs&Politics and News & social events.One of them,perhaps the later,can be turned into Indian current affairs board.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Quote of the day !

Hi seniors! I have a suggestion, it would be nice to have a "Quote of the day" (famous sayings of famous leaders/historians/defense experts/...etc. on defense/war issues) just below the DFI news strip or in suitable place !!

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
G'day,
One suggestion.
There is too much space between each column. I hate scrolling down too much. can we properly use empty spaces and make it more presentable, expose maximum categories and squeeze the home page a bit.
Regards

A.V.

There are currently two boards that are redundant,current affairs&Politics and News & social events.One of them,perhaps the later,can be turned into Indian current affairs board.
changed the news section to indian affairs forum and the other as current world affairs!

A.V.

Hi seniors! I have a suggestion, it would be nice to have a "Quote of the day" (famous sayings of famous leaders/historians/defense experts/...etc. on defense/war issues) just below the DFI news strip or in suitable place !!
yes hopefully soon will be done also presently we have the quote of the week in the DFI BUZZ

A.V.

G'day,
One suggestion.
There is too much space between each column. I hate scrolling down too much. can we properly use empty spaces and make it more presentable, expose maximum categories and squeeze the home page a bit.
Regards
the spaces are features of the default skin by vbulletin if we want to alter we have to shift to a completely new skin altogether but all extra addons on the top can will a collapsable bar so that you can collapse all the addons and features that you are not interested with

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Hi.

Should we be allowing images (maps) which doesn't shows pok and other occupied territories as part of India ? I wouldn't. Ex: http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/defence-articles/6464-india-aircraft-carrier-dynamics.html
As long as all territories we currently control are shown in the map, and that disputed territories are acknowledged, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

This is our map according to our government, its use is encouraged:

This looks acceptable:

This isn't, and will be deleted (It's India's map according to Pakistan, used often by the media there):

This bullfeces will get you banned:
India in 2012 and 2020 according to Pakistan Newspaper

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
"This is our map according to our government, its use is encouraged"

IIRC Its a criminal offence in India to use any map other than this.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
As long as all territories we currently control are shown in the map, and that disputed territories are acknowledged, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

This is our map according to our government, its use is encouraged:

I can draw this^^^ map with my closed eyes dot to dot.:india:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
"This is our map according to our government, its use is encouraged"

IIRC Its a criminal offence in India to use any map other than this.
I meant for it to be encouraged by us (DFI staff), for use by international members.

All my recommendations are in context of this international community. The second map is from Wikipedia, and it does not deflect from our national map. The third (and fourth) maps won't be tolerated.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Forum look and skin

I recommend the following designs / templates be used as 'parameters' to improve upon the new look of the forum, if such is being worked upon:

Flash Site templates - Website Design Templates

You'll have to click on the 'Details' tab for each version under 'Flash Site templates' to get a first-hand view of the skin and vibe, including the flash animations in the beginning. We could approach this from a military perspective and incorporate some ideas into an animation of our own. Please note however: that copyright violations are prosecutable.

GokuInd

Glossary?

A small suggestion as regards content:

how about setting up a glossary for standard terms in military affairs (& warfare) at the top of the forum? That might help for better understanding of complex matters regarding the aforementioned subjects.

Just a notion

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

johnee

This looks acceptable:
Even the above map shouldnt be acceptable in this forum. This is afterall an Indian forum. One can easily get a standard Indian map. But if one still wants to project otherwise, then this forum should not be the place to do such anti-indian stuff. Just my thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles